The 230 Club, who's in...............

You're not far off... maybe the passenger window switch, which I can happily report you get 4 on the 230 on the drivers door...

Yep, the window switches on my OH's Up are annoying. Everything in reach except passenger window switch. Her previous Peugeot 206, built 16 years ago and designed maybe three years before that, had the switches in the centre just behind the gear lever. Helped the factory when building right-hand drive cars, just change over the switches. So why on earth couldn't VW do something similar? So much for German efficiency.

Anyway, back to the topic...

Just spoken to my Dealer who confirms a build week of WK 31 but at Status 10, Status 10 means ( how I understand it ) the Factory has the Order but not a Confirmed build week until the Order has reached Status 20 then a confirmed build week is definate. The dealer doesn't know what the time scale is from Status 10 to Status 20.

There getting back to me tomorrow to tell me Yes or No after they have made a few phone calls to Skoda. If it's a No I might cancel

Watch out for the ""The Fiesta ST Club who's in......................................"" Thread

I'm in the new fiesta st club, only because trouble picked up her new st3, she couldn't wait for a 230. I will be waiting as I love my vrs tdi and can't think of a better replacementpost-141368-14679258505065_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the 230 after your first couple of months. Any negatives or unexpected positives you can share?

Done 2500km

Positives;

OK fuel consumtion, as stated from Skoda.

Everything functions OK.

Good infotainment.

Downsides;

Some will say a bit too much roadnoise on coarse asphalt/surface

Not Audi-comfort in seats.

DSG can hesitate sometimes into junctions or roundabouts.

Navigation leads me to gasstations which have been closed for 15 years. Lol

Problems so far;

Issue with wipers. Could be dealer spilled polish on windscreen

Heated windscreen has some threads crossing eachother. Giving a irritating obstruction of vision.

Also felt i had to rustproof the car. Too little for the roads in Norway, so another 600gbp added.

Its nowhere near the Audi I had, but all in all, I am happy. Going on a long trip next week. Will report IF trouble arrives.

post-139828-0-37288700-1468530268_thumb.jpeg

Edited by KjetilRos
  • Like 1

Red manual hatch on order - build date week-30 currently, which is (unsurprisingly) rather longer than I was told when placing the order at the end of April.

Open question - has anyone had any success with contacting the factory to amend their order outside of Skoda UK specs (i.e. alternative colour and alternative (downgrade) wheels)?  I've had "Skoda UK says no" from the dealership and "up to the dealership" from Skoda UK.  Which, aside from putting a small downer on my initial experience*, is about as helpful as a chocolate teapot...

* First time Skoda owner...everything I'd read before suggested Skoda were a good brand for customer service...

Done 2500km

Positives;

Everything functions OK.

Good infotainment.

Downsides;

Problems so far;

Heated windscreen has some threads crossing eachother. Giving a irritating obstruction of vision.

Also felt i had to rustproof the car. Too little for the roads in Norway, so another 600gbp added.

Its nowhere near the Audi I had, but all in all, I am happy. Going on a long trip next week. Will report IF trouble arrives.

I'm glad I didn't spec the heated windscreen.

Done 2500km

Positives;

Everything functions OK.

Good infotainment.

Downsides;

Problems so far;

I've got a DSG on order and apart from the issues you have encountered does it work well with the engine and performance. Also, have you noticed the Diff and any difference this makes to cars you may have driven without it (if you have). Thanks.

I've got a DSG on order and apart from the issues you have encountered does it work well with the engine and performance. Also, have you noticed the Diff and any difference this makes to cars you may have driven without it (if you have). Thanks.

DSG is top. I would reccomend it. The diff I do not notice too much. Have not driven it aggressive on track. Being used to quattro or rwd, I think it has a lot if wheelspin in wet conditions. And seems to pull a bit, sideways, on full throttle. If the road is a bit worn. Feels better than a Focus ST though.

Engine is smooth and lovely setup. I like the sound. I have muted the sound generator. Now its much more comfortable in all driving modes.

The heated windscreen is top. Its a production fault on mine. The qualitycontrol seems a bit dodgy. Hopefully they will replace the windscreen.

Edited by KjetilRos

The windscreen issue is dreadful. They must have seen it when they Pdi/Cleaned the car for delivery.

Perhaps they thought you would not have noticed. They could have told you about it and said we will sort it for you.

I agree. Seems theres not too much honest men in the search for profit. And they have been told. Vacation first for me, then it will be a new screen. And I also think a free oil service would be given as well. :) The guy who handles warranty issues seems nice. The salesman avoids me like I'm the plague.

• Administrators

I did a week with a 230, just under 600miles on Motorway, A, B and the odd C road... C roads are not the vRS's favourite road, it's too big and too fast... I found the diff to be very noticable, in what I didn't notice. So my comparison is many years in a remapped 1.8T, 2.0CR, so 200ish conservative ponies. And more recently my gokart 75 citigo.

I noticed the ride on the sleeping policemen at fast road junctions, you know the 100yards ones that are designed to slow you down but in fact increase stopping distance. for some reason they really resonated. That was the only time I thought this suspension is firmer than I like for a daily driver...then of course you're into a roundabout and the thought vanishes... :D

On roads where the old vRS would of scrabbled and definitely pulled due to torque steer, the new one didn't.  Was it as grippy/launchable as my old remapped 4x4 superb, no, it's not haldex. But on wet to dry to wet roads of A/B quality I was rapidly exceeding talent quota before feeling like the traction/chassis/grip was a problem. I did just plant the right foot a few times and it was as straight as I'd want, allowing for road/camber tugging.  Also powering out of corners like in a 4x4 I was able to throttle up far sooner, all the pro's of the diff. Braking felt like I could go later too. Although I personally prefer on roads to brake earlier, if at all, and focus on the bend and exit more than hamming down a straight road to test brakes...

I didn't get a DCC one so no idea how that would help on roads atm. I'd say for open normal roads it was more than enough. I'm sure in wetter seasons and with white stuff around it's going to show up more than summer UK showers.

The only thing I'd change is the wheels, for where I drive, what I like to drive on and where I park, those 19's only just made it through the week unscathed. I 'd put 18's and a really good set of seasonal tyres, so summer and winter sets. The test had Pirelli Nero's IIRC so was most unlikely on a UK road below limits to have a grip concern if driving briskly but sensibly. I might be tempted to do the brakes, although at no point did I think I need more when balanced to type of car and road driving. I didn't however make it to Wales for laps of the triangle or my other brake killing road around Festiniog.

SWMBO ford has a heated screen; I think they developed it, it's good and bad. Driving into sun, or in rain, it's a bit distorting, almost like a permanent mirage. I have excellent long vision, but it's compromised behind this screen. The test vRS had a heated front screen, but I didn't really notice it, not like I do every time I drive the ford.

I was sad to hand the keys back but, happy enough to drive home in the citigo over my peak moorland roads. What I miss the most? Making easy and quick progress through 'slow' A/B road traffic. Most of the time for brisk driving I only needed 2nd or 3rd I doubt I'd ever  use 4th or 5th if it were my daily.

• Like 3

I did a week with a 230, just under 600miles on Motorway, A, B and the odd C road... C roads are not the vRS's favourite road, it's too big and too fast... I found the diff to be very noticable, in what I didn't notice. So my comparison is many years in a remapped 1.8T, 2.0CR, so 200ish conservative ponies. And more recently my gokart 75 citigo.

I noticed the ride on the sleeping policemen at fast road junctions, you know the 100yards ones that are designed to slow you down but in fact increase stopping distance. for some reason they really resonated. That was the only time I thought this suspension is firmer than I like for a daily driver...then of course you're into a roundabout and the thought vanishes... :D

On roads where the old vRS would of scrabbled and definitely pulled due to torque steer, the new one didn't. Was it as grippy/launchable as my old remapped 4x4 superb, no, it's not haldex. But on wet to dry to wet roads of A/B quality I was rapidly exceeding talent quota before feeling like the traction/chassis/grip was a problem. I did just plant the right foot a few times and it was as straight as I'd want, allowing for road/camber tugging. Also powering out of corners like in a 4x4 I was able to throttle up far sooner, all the pro's of the diff. Braking felt like I could go later too. Although I personally prefer on roads to brake earlier, if at all, and focus on the bend and exit more than hamming down a straight road to test brakes...

I didn't get a DCC one so no idea how that would help on roads atm. I'd say for open normal roads it was more than enough. I'm sure in wetter seasons and with white stuff around it's going to show up more than summer UK showers.

The only thing I'd change is the wheels, for where I drive, what I like to drive on and where I park, those 19's only just made it through the week unscathed. I 'd put 18's and a really good set of seasonal tyres, so summer and winter sets. The test had Pirelli Nero's IIRC so was most unlikely on a UK road below limits to have a grip concern if driving briskly but sensibly. I might be tempted to do the brakes, although at no point did I think I need more when balanced to type of car and road driving. I didn't however make it to Wales for laps of the triangle or my other brake killing road around Festiniog.

SWMBO ford has a heated screen; I think they developed it, it's good and bad. Driving into sun, or in rain, it's a bit distorting, almost like a permanent mirage. I have excellent long vision, but it's compromised behind this screen. The test vRS had a heated front screen, but I didn't really notice it, not like I do every time I drive the ford.

I was sad to hand the keys back but, happy enough to drive home in the citigo over my peak moorland roads. What I miss the most? Making easy and quick progress through 'slow' A/B road traffic. Most of the time for brisk driving I only needed 2nd or 3rd I doubt I'd ever use 4th or 5th if it were my daily.

Great and interesting read. Thanks for writing it.

Here's mine.

vRS Combi in Meteor grey, manual 'box, elec roof, heated front screen, elec tailgate and rev cam and fully detailed and protected with Gtechniq throughout

file_zpsvscmstlj.jpg

Snap!

Also covered in g-techniq! Yum!

Here's mine.

vRS Combi in Meteor grey, manual 'box, elec roof, heated front screen, elec tailgate and rev cam and fully detailed and protected with Gtechniq throughout

file_zpsvscmstlj.jpg

Great spec. :)

I'd have loved to get the roof (and heated screen) but couldn't justify the ££.

Mine is protected by a layer of road grime and bird poo. Interior has a fine layer of biscuit crumbs to protect the leather.

• Like 1

Sorry but they've forgot to paint it , it's still Dulux undercoat , at least stone chips will be a doddle

It's actually grey primer not undercoat  :D

Apparently the weight saving by missing out the colour equates to a lower 0-60 time too. Meteor rocks (see what I did there  :nerd: )

• Like 2

It's actually grey primer not undercoat :D

Apparently the weight saving by missing out the colour equates to a lower 0-60 time too. Meteor rocks (see what I did there :nerd: )

Meteor is decent! Still time to change my order as no build date yet. Decisions but good ones to have to make.