The 230 Club, who's in...............

Was on the fence for a while, but looks like ill be moving onto a Golf R or similar.... I would like the trick diff, but the smaller front calipers are a deal breaker. :(

If your are referring to the front brake size on the 230 theres no difference, the Tdi Vrs gets the smaller brakes/callipers

• Like 1

Was on the fence for a while, but looks like ill be moving onto a Golf R or similar.... I would like the trick diff, but the smaller front calipers are a deal breaker. :(

Really!? Making your decision purely on the size of the brake discs? But you'd get the bigger ones with a petrol motor, 220 or 230.

Really!? Making your decision purely on the size of the brake discs? But you'd get the bigger ones with a petrol motor, 220 or 230.

No, more along the lines of "If they made that change without notification, then what else have they done"?

The trick diff / leather was a lure to pull me away from my current VRS TDi due for renewal in December and turn a new 230 into a keeper (I could've happily remapped it to the proper VW / SEAT output levels). However, "caliper-gate" (along with the silent deletion of the CD etc) is ringing alarm bells for me regarding Skoda performing Cost cutting on the quiet for what should be a Halo model.

The 220 is now pointless unless you can find one at silly discount, so its the TDi vs the 230. 

The 220 is now pointless unless you can find one at silly discount, so its the TDi vs the 230. 

Fair comment, penguin. And that's a valid point about the 220 too.

I like a nice tidy engine bay and for looks I think it' needs one.

Do you think it will increase engine running temperatures or is it purly cosmetic.

The one under the bonnet of my MKIII Tdi Vrs might just go missing    :notme:

I was told by the dealer it doesnt have insulation in order to improve cooling

I was told by the dealer it doesnt have insulation in order to improve cooling

Erm...

I fitted an insulation pad to a tweaked Octy 2 vRS & noticed zero difference in water / oil temperatures.

My tweaked Superb has the insulation as standard, again no overheating problems & our Golf R also has underbonnet insulation,

& that car does run hot!

DC 

Little bit of threadromancy. I have spoken to the dealer in much more detail about this car http://www.motors.co...-41409281/0/srs pretty much every option ticked and in stock etc. The price is hideous but we spoke about PCP. The best number he can come up with is £8k deposit and £501 a month for 43 moniths. GFV of less than £10k! Told him I want first refusal in 3 years! Only price worse than this was for a new 308GTi. I worry that there is someone out there that might pay that much money for it, think an M3 can be had for around that.

Little bit of threadromancy. I have spoken to the dealer in much more detail about this car http://www.motors.co...-41409281/0/srs pretty much every option ticked and in stock etc. The price is hideous but we spoke about PCP. The best number he can come up with is £8k deposit and £501 a month for 43 moniths. GFV of less than £10k! Told him I want first refusal in 3 years! Only price worse than this was for a new 308GTi. I worry that there is someone out there that might pay that much money for it, think an M3 can be had for around that.

Is this dealer based on this planet or Mars   :notme:

" Did you ask if it had Nitrogen in the tyres ? "

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I'd wager they're reacting to the rumours around long waiting times currently and are trying to make the most of that situation. The car is worth as much as someone will pay for it I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a decent Carwow quotation for a vRS 230 DSG Hatch, (app. £28k) from a dealer in Newcastle, but in the end the Golf deal was better.

No problems dealing with them, they seemed to be decent & reasonable people.

Is this dealer based on this planet or Mars   :notme:

" Did you ask if it had Nitrogen in the tyres ? "

Given that he said that there was no further discount on the car, he must have signed up to a trip to mars that he needs to pay for!

He's sent the build sheet showing exactly what the car has and it seems the bloke who ordered went totally mad and I reckon is in trouble for it, Heated rear seats for the love of god! The only thing it's missing is the dynamic chassis. I would love that car but is it worth the price of two 230's? With all due respect to Skoda, there are some much "better" cars available at that price.

Given that he said that there was no further discount on the car, he must have signed up to a trip to mars that he needs to pay for!

He's sent the build sheet showing exactly what the car has and it seems the bloke who ordered went totally mad and I reckon is in trouble for it, Heated rear seats for the love of god! The only thing it's missing is the dynamic chassis. I would love that car but is it worth the price of two 230's? With all due respect to Skoda, there are some much "better" cars available at that price.

Was DCC available on a 230 when it was ordered, & it's registered, so is it being sold as a used car?

Was DCC available on a 230 when it was ordered, & it's registered, so is it being sold as a used car?

nope, no contributions. So also using the dealers PCP contact so APR will be pretty high. I didn't get as far as asking what the figure was. By the time the PCP is done and the GFV is paid it will have cost ~£44,000.

nope, no contributions. So also using the dealers PCP contact so APR will be pretty high. I didn't get as far as asking what the figure was. By the time the PCP is done and the GFV is paid it will have cost ~£44,000.

I don't think that you were replying to my question..............?

DC

My local dealer has 230 estate in meteor with panoramic roof and it's up for 26k but it registered with 2000miles on it, I showed them identical new on car wow 2k cheaper and they weren't interested at all

• 2 weeks later...

Pick up my ex demo 230 DSG tomorrow.  Way too excited for my age.   Moon white hatch fully laden with goodies.  Sunroof, Heated Screen, Kessy, Canton, Columbus Sat Nav, Front Assist, intelligent lights, Rear camera, Bluetooth+.  Less than 5k miles.    Big savings on a new one.   Canna wait!!!

• Like 2

• Administrators

Just done 235 miles in a loan 230, seems fair. 

I nearly died when I parked up at a spot I frequently use in the citigo when a huge thwack sound came in... got out there was a rock, only an inch high in the grass. I swear it wasn't there before.

So the con for me, the primary one is the wheels ;) Fortunately, I made a true and decent contact so no wheel or tyre damage. But oh boy was I sweating buckets. I went to pull of at a few places and thought twice about it.

Plus points... the trick diff really is quite good fun. I've been going up and down b roads and a roads between showers, bits with mud and wet to dry. It's not skipped a beat once. I'd have to say other than the obvious launching traction, I'm hard pressed to decide if a 4x4 rs for normal roads is needed. It put it's power down everywhere I asked it to and only once broke traction. I turned traction control off ;)

It's comfortable and the seats hold you well enough.  Possibly my driving style, but I'd be adding some foam to the hard plastic next to centre console.

Another minor niggle, the handbrake is in the wrong place. Keep going for it and it's 3" to the left away from me.

Positives, it's a hoot to drive, the engine is lovely and smooth. Not must audio from the waste gate, occasionally. Pop it into eco mode and it's quite easy on the fuel, 40+. Leaden the right foot and sport mode, steering tightens up, engine audio soundtrack deepens.

Is it worth the 2k cash over the standard vRS... that is one heck of a tough question to answer without signing an order myself.  That said if you add the cosmetic options on to a 220vrs the trick diff is almost free, spec matching my press car at 27590 to a 220vs 26320. A standard no options 230 should come in well under 24k on the discount scheme we have in place...

Cannot spec some items on the 220 of course. I'm surprised the press car didn't have DCC fitted. It's a much raved about option by those who have tried it. The vRS mode button makes minor changes. On the superb the same system is almost chalk and cheese. The different is less obvious on the rs. I've done some back to back video of the same bend sequence in both modes. Just need to sit down and figure how to edit it up :)

Let me do some more miles on it, spec analysis and come back to you. See the elephant in the room is 4x4 and the 280 superb... rather, is the 230 in between roles, could it, should it be more, or is it enough and subtly so for the consumer of big boots 4 passengers and sporty...

Oh and finally, the hatch does exactly what my old MK1 octy did when you open the boot... fill your camera bag with rain water as it rises. Oh how I laughed.

It's a very nice drive. Lucky lads and ladies to have this as your daily driver. Just don't let it suffocate on the motorways

• Like 1

Just done 235 miles in a loan 230, seems fair. 

Another minor niggle, the handbrake is in the wrong place. Keep going for it and it's 3" to the left away from me.

Three inches to the left in your daily driver would be the passenger door handle?

:giggle:

• Like 2

• Administrators

You're not far off... maybe the passenger window switch, which I can happily report you get 4 on the 230 on the drivers door...

But the handbrake keeps foxing me... It's not a dissimilar foxing as to the old renault 19's, who didn't quite make the RHD cars pedals line up, always sat on a skew. Just a really minor niggle, fortunately it has hill hold. Sadly it does not work when stop start is in play, fortunately there is a switch for that too :)

I'll be in the club soon. I have a meteor grey estate arriving wednesday or thursday this coming week. 

It's currently sat in Meadens showroom with just 10 miles on the clock. Standard car apart from pan roof, elec tail, high beam assist and heated screen - tbh all that I would have specced anyway more or less. 

Looking at the configurator it weighs in at around 30k getting it delivered to me on trailer for 23700 which is not bad really as its a new car in relaity, just reg to them in may and put in the showroom

• Like 1

Have ordered moon white vrs 230 on April 26th 2016. Dealer gave me delivery date of July 30th or earlier.. Have been given build week 31 which by my calculation is first week August.. dealer confirms this is still on target but how can I have my car built after it has been delivered?? Anyone shread any light on this??? Looking at these posts don't think it's going to be delivered on time!!

Have ordered moon white vrs 230 on April 26th 2016. Dealer gave me delivery date of July 30th or earlier.. Have been given build week 31 which by my calculation is first week August.. dealer confirms this is still on target but how can I have my car built after it has been delivered?? Anyone shread any light on this??? Looking at these posts don't think it's going to be delivered on time!!

My dealer contacted me on Sunday 3rd July saying that my bed is still on schedule to be delivered on July 30th.. No explanation but said he will email me this coming Saturday (will not be holding my breath!!) So just maybe I will be a proud owner of a skoda!! As someone quoted earlier I'm getting too excited for my age!!

• Like 1