The 230 Club, who's in...............

Had a phone call today, build week 36 ( Week Comm Monday 5th Sept )   :dance:   Then about 3 to 4 weeks delivery.

So, end of September, beginning October.

Can't wait   :ninja:

Excellent mate - not too long now!

Quick update on mine:

Arrived 3rd March so a little over five months so far, just about 12k miles.

It's loosened up nicely now - seems once you've done 8-10k miles it really does start to come alive. I've had some fast cars in the past including a mapped mk2 vrs and this feels just as quick as that. If you factor in the diff this would be a lot quicker than a mapped mk2 on a b road. I know some people have mentioned that on a RR the 230 makes more than the quoted power - yes i can believe that - feels much stronger than the quoted figures IMO.

I still have to pinch myself sometimes that this is my daily driver - it really is all the performance you need - yes a supercar would be nice/fun but i wouldn't cover the ground any faster, and it'll take stuff to the tip :)

Pirellis: enjoying these now they have more miles on them. not great in the wet but dry grip is very good. A bit noisy around 70mph-ish but i can live with that. I will rotate front-back in the next few weeks so i will be on track to replace all 4 at the same time.

Sound generator: though i'd hate it and i'd reseached all of the "disabling" threads before the car turned up but tbh it's easy to quieten it down with the car setup options and i actually put it on the loud setting when i'm "pressing on" - yes i know it's false but i still like it :)

Other stuff: I didn't twig that the car would have dab, but that gets used every day. Ditto the memory seats when swmbo drives it.

The black extremes have escaped any kerbage so far which is also surprising.

I guess the biggest surprise is how much people comment on the car - combination of the "unusual" colour and the big black wheels, big brakes etc it's often getting very positive comments from "non-petrolheads" who have absolutely no idea what it is but say nice things :) Never had this before on a skoda!

I've also had a couple of the guys i work with "borrow" it to there may be some more skoda converts in our company fleet in the future.

Overall very happy with the car. Only question i have is whether to get on with fitting my eibachs and maybe a gti clubsport rear arb or not - i'm debating building a new (bigger) motor for my camper so that may mean i need to sell them.. but to be "perfect" for me the 230 would just sit a little lower - that would be it.

• Like 2

I'm in - finally. Black, Manual with Columbus, Canton & Winter Pack. Fantastic deal on a cancelled order...... Picked it up yesterday. Photo to follow.

Photo as promised - David Bailey I am not.

post-122664-0-88703800-1471098424_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Ordered end of June.  Moon White DSG Hatch with Sunroof, Columbus, Rear Camera, Winter Pack. Can't wait. :happy:

Build week keeps drawing closer now told end of Sept with delivery around the end of October.

Nice.

An extra brownie point for not being paranoid enough to clumsily obscure your reg plate :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:

Generation Snowflake eh?  Who'd have thunk we could sink so low? :dull:

Bit of good driving there to avoid the low flying Spitfire

Chocks away! It's a Hurricane by the way ...... The Spitfire is out of view on the photo.

That's what I meant, good flying by the Hurricane Pilot to avoid the Spitfire, nice looking 230 by the way

• Like 1

Awaiting a call back from a few days ago seem to be getting ignored with my requests for more information, beginning to lose my patience with them. Time to stomp my feet I think, any ideas what I can squeeze out of them for poor customer service :devil:  ordered 24th may still not a single clue when I'm getting this.

BMK

Yay !!! Good news..Just had an email from the dealer, mine is now in transit from the factory  :D  However, I've told them that should it arrive in the next couple of weeks, to hold off registering it until September...66 reg sounds soooo much newer than 16 reg  :p

• Like 1

Been told second half of September to receive mine. Also noticed that you can no longer configure a 230 on the Skoda website. Looks like that's the end of the line

Collecting mine today its an estate in white

it was registered in june by the dealer and has 30 miles on the clock

He said something about a black edition with it having the black grille and other stuff but i wasnt really listening which is a bad idea when your buying a car

• Like 2

I am finally picking up my 230 hatchback on Monday.. it is currently at my dealers having the diamondbrite paint treatment done.. (fool me??) Basic spec except for KESSY and spare..

Find attached photo.. before paint job.. Will try to attach after photo on a later date..post-144958-0-47954000-1471700073_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Collecting mine today its an estate in white

it was registered in june by the dealer and has 30 miles on the clock

He said something about a black edition with it having the black grille and other stuff but i wasnt really listening which is a bad idea when your buying a car

Standard 230 spec