Broker orders cancelled by Skoda UK

so does that mean that Dave should not be allowed to sell some of his screws at a small profit?

Don't know. My point was in regard to why fleet discount exists. They make large orders and get discount. Buying one of anything is unlikely to get you that same bulk discount. I can't really understand why people in here don't get that.

• Like 1

The company I work for lease about 40 Skodas (not sure how many as we have a few brand snobs driving courtesy cars whilst their Insignias are being repaired).

Our first batches of Octavias are just going back after 4 years to be replaced by Rapids and Octavias.

Skoda came in to see us and see how they could increase their share of our fleet. We have 3 S3 Superbs as a direct result.

I do about 25K miles a year which is seen as low mileage on our fleet

We expect a better deal than a private buyer.

Brand loyal, 40-50 cars, high mileage,potential for growth and financially stable; we deserve a better deal.

If we found our a private individual could get the same deal  the Skoda Rep would be invited back in for a chat without Cofee and Biscuits.

I'm missing something here, how is it brand loyal when you have Insignias on the fleet, and you haven't bought any of them. Surely your only loyalty is to a rental organisation and if the leases are with different organisations then not even loyal to one lease company.

How do you figure that makes your company more loyal than someone prepared to part with their hard earned cash to buy one. That individual has bought a higher quantity than your company has been prepared to buy.

Fully get your point but if I can buy a product and save money then like many I will try to.

Oh absolutely. I'll be doing the same thing when I come to swap my vRS. I'm not going to throw a wobbly though if I don't get that bulk discount when buying one car.

• Like 1

so does that mean that Dave should not be allowed to sell some of his screws at a small profit?

Depends whether he signed a contract that prevents him, which unlocked that special discount.

Remember, Dave bought those screws knowing full well that he could only sell to certain groups.

I'm missing something here, how is it brand loyal when you have Insignias on the fleet, and you haven't bought any of them. Surely your only loyalty is to a rental organisation and if the leases are with different organisations then not even loyal to one lease company.

How do you figure that makes your company more loyal than someone prepared to part with their hard earned cash to buy one. That individual has bought a higher quantity than your company has been prepared to buy.

It may not make them more loyal but it sure as **** makes them more attractive to Skoda. Like he says the majority of the fleet is Skoda, they are bulk leasing/buying. Whether they are buying or leasing they are still spending way more than Joe Public so will certainly get better rates.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by OllieMK

It is...and boring....lets go back to talking about the virtues of rubber seats and built-in toasters!!!!!

I ordered mine with the built in muffin warmer (dual purpose) [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anything is better than that....even the lords prayer tattooed on my winkle which just says 'our' because its so small!!

I really wish you'd leave the room.

From day one you have blamed Skoda and said this was "out of the hands of NCD", strong claims without a shred of evidence.

You have told us that neither yourself, friends or family will ever use Skoda again. You tell us Skoda CS is useless.

It is now clear that you ordered a £30k Superb on a whim without realising the sort of car it is and now realise it is too big and unsuitable for your purpose, strikes me you've done very well out of the debacle.

As a few members have stated, a calm unemotional head is required if we are to get anything out of this situation. For me, and I guess most other would be purchasers, our decision to buy a Superb was based on anything other than a whim, it's difficult to find humour at this time.

If not for me who you have little if any respect for, please think of those that are still striving to get a resolution from what's looking an increasingly unlikely outcome.

I'm all for free speech, please continue to slate Skoda, continue with your style of humour, just elsewhere, another thread, another forum, Mazda maybe.

• Like 3

Anything is better than that....even the lords prayer tattooed on my winkle which just says 'our' because its so small!!

My tattoo says Mippi but Mississippi when angry UncleWang

• Like 1

Isn't it just simple bulk buy discount. The same as I pay more for one box of screws (per unit) than Dave the joiner who's buying 20 boxes?

Funnily enough I sell screws to Businesses and Dave the Carpenter might be paying 1/3 what you do for 200 screws at Homebase etc.  His silicone might be 1/6th what you pay.

Just to clear this up we also have Mercedes,VW Audis and BMWs, some people have a choice some don't. I do and chose a Skoda.

If we had a supply led economy we would all have the same and pay the same price private or lease.

But we all would be driving orange Estelles.

Overall this has been an appalling experience, and I say that having been an Alfa Romeo customer in the past. If you manage to do customer service even worse than they do then that is as big a red flag as you can ever possibly wave.

I built a car via the Alfa Romeo website configurator about four years ago.  I added a certain type of 18" wheels which the configurator very nicely showed me how my car would look.......all good so far.

I then specced it identically via DriveTheDeal and, satisfied with the large discount, placed an order and the very next day a dealer got in touch, confirmed the order and took my £1,000 deposit.  Again, so far so good.

Three days later, the same dealer phoned me and sheepishly told me the computer said no......."you can't have those wheels on that model"........"yes you can" I said, I configured it and it let me........"I know" said the dealer, "I've just done exactly the same but when we try to submit the order to the mainframe system, those wheels aren't an option".

So I asked him to escalate it to Alfa Romeo UK Customer Care.  Their best response: "on the website in small print is the phrase "subject to availability" - we only build a certain number of cars of each spec and those are no longer available".

A mealy mouthed reply, I got my £1,000 back without fuss but they made ZERO effort to keep me as a customer.

One of the most bizarre business models I've ever encountered.

I clearly didn't explain myself well.   What I was trying to say was in the old days fleets could expect a loyalty or bulk discount across the board.

Then the internet came along, and comparison sites were invented, you now have a choice pay a local price or order from a central supplier and get a cheaper deal.  Identical product.

The screws comparison is unfair, if you want it in now then you pay an instant price, in nearest supplier

if the product you want has to be ordered anyway, why would you pay extra 20%  when a few clicks of a mouse offers you best price.

Fleets taking lots of vehicles can reasonably expect discounts on spare or unsold stock, but for factory orders, everyone is entitled to try and get cheapest price.  

First post, long time stalker, the reply is a bit abrasive but I don't blame you as he has been on your case for a while.

Yes I am a new poster to the forum, the reason being I am buying my first ever Skoda and unfortunately took the wrong route selecting NCD. From day one of the cancellations I have attempted to find the truth (got knowhere near it yet, but won't give up). I feel desperately sorry for those that were so close to receiving their cars. Throughout this time I have remained respectful to other members and have treated this thread in the same way.

As has been said this thread is being sidetracked, derailed and becoming an embarrasement given some of the comments and UncleWang has decided to make it personal some of which has been deleted. I won't respond to further comments from the chap and can only hope he tires and leaves the thread giving those that are still looking for an outcome a better chance.

Edited by Oldgits
  • Like 3

Anybody heard a dicky bird from SUK?

It's all gone very quiet. Empty promises yet again to keep me and others involved informed. 

• Like 1

Fleets taking lots of vehicles can reasonably expect discounts on spare or unsold stock, but for factory orders, everyone is entitled to try and get cheapest price.  

You can try........and sometimes might get lucky.................but you are an amateur and have very little leverage.

Of course sometimes you might get unlucky.