Emissions Cheat Latest

Depends on your definition of 'worse'. If you consider CO2 to be a major problem, then it's better, but on human health, then yes it's worse. The caveat with that is that NOx is mainly only a risk factor in urban areas where it's a contributor to smog.

So for example car uses 8l / 100km of diesel - after chipping/moding - 7l / 100km - will those 7l - burnt more efficient - produce more toxic waste - overall - than 8l burnt less efficient ?

Another member ran it through skoda cheat fix , and it came back with 150 bhp EA 189 , would I be right the same engine is used in the mark 3

The cheat fix site didn't say it's a 150 just that it's the EA189 engine in the car..... Or it did when I just put your VIN number in the link on your other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for example car uses 8l / 100km of diesel - after chipping/moding - 7l / 100km - will those 7l - burnt more efficient - produce more toxic waste - overall - than 8l burnt less efficient ?

In a sense, you have actually put your finger on the core problem.

VAG designed our EA189  engines to have very low fuel consumption (good) and very low CO2 (good).

The penalty on all diesels (not just VAG ones) for this is high NOx (Bad).  Therefore, if you believe high NOx is a bigger toxic problem than CO2 - then you do have a case where more mpg/efficiency is worse for the environment.

VAG said their Lean NOx Trap (LNT) technology would take care of the high NOx and make it low NOx (good). However, the LNT burns fuel - so they deliberately turned off the LNT filter when it suited them.

SO - now they take out the cheat code and that turns the LNT back on. To make up for the extra fuel that will be used by the LNT cycle they have to decrease the engine fuel (hence the flow rectifier in the 1.6d and the Bosh injector spray pattern changes on the 2.0).

• Like 2

Mine was done yesterday, along with a service, cannot say I have noticed anything different, only that I thought I had a 140 bhp and found out that its a 150 bhp ????????, last of the 2015 FL

I wouldn't get too excited yet, post your engine code first.

• 5 weeks later...

had mine done and its terrible, sluggish poor throttle response only the last 1/3 of the throttle pedal travel seems to do anything, and fuel consumption increased, I am awaiting  a full diagnostic by Skoda and the I will challenge Skoda Uk re this matter, ruined a lovely car ! 

I'm not at all a believer of the whole "It won't make any change whatsoever" crap, but it seems you have some other issue with your car as well locomansimon.

I'm guessing by now they would've made the change to thousands upon thousands of cars, and if all turned out as bad as you claim I have a really hard time explaining why we haven't heard more about it. Most seem content with the fix, even if some clear dyno/mpg numbers would be neat to see.

I believe the reason it's taken so long to start releasing the "fix" is because they wanted to make sure each update applied had absolutely no adverse effects on the vehicle.

It's nice to see they're now adopting the "belt and braces" approach.

It might be worth a note that with each emissions related software update each customer receives:

-A free vehicle health check

-A free wash and vac

-A free courtesy car during repair

-A free Skoda goodie bag which includes a Skoda pen, notebook, thermo mug, golf umbrella and some other small items

So it's not all bad!

So what you'll actually get it is

- A video showing the front of your with the voice of the technician saying everything is fine.

- They'll scratch your car

- They'll make you drive a citigo

- A free bag of tat that they can't sell so have loads just laying around

:D

• Like 3

my car was absolutely brilliant before it went in, i tow a caravan and like to be able overtake the slow tourists where i live, its also very hilly so I have noticed a big change since the fix, I repeat there was absolutely nothing miss with the car before fix !!!

- A video showing the front of your with the voice of the technician saying everything is fine.

You know what's said about sarcasm?...

You know what's said about sarcasm?...

I'm not being sarcastic.

• Like 2

Im assuming that means the performance will be negatively affected

That's up for debate.

Skoda insist not, me and a few others can't see how it isn't. This isn't simply a case of removing the cheat, the software / mapping on the car has been altered to improve emissions whilst the car is on the road (not just when being tested).

Emissions down means something has been compromised. Performance? Durability? Fuel Economy?

Unfortunately there have been a few members complaining their cars have been negatively affected since the recall (lot's of threads on this).

I specifically asked Skoda not to carry out the recall on my car. It runs just fine as it is. Why risk it?

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1