Auto Headlights retrofit?

Do you have an auto dipping rear view mirror with auto wipers?

If so, you already have all the relevant sensors, so simply need the different switch and possibly 1 extra wire in the loom.

I see the thumbnail pic includes the wire and a connector, which is handy as I thought I didn't need the wire. Sourced it separately which delayed fitting.  

When fitted it did not work and so gave up on it to think about it then after a couple of short trips I noticed it had started to work , don't know why but works OK since. 

Do you have an auto dipping rear view mirror with auto wipers?

If so, you already have all the relevant sensors, so simply need the different switch and possibly 1 extra wire in the loom.

Nope it's not that fancy lol!

In that case then, one of those kits is your best option.

They work quite well from other member's posts who've fitted the same.

I think they have an adjustable pot on them so you can change the sensitivity level.

Would you mind letting us know where you sourced the kit from please? Also if there were any considerations regarding the part numbers for specific year of vehicle etc?

Just type auto headlight sensor into eBay and there are lots for sale, it's about £22-£25 for the chrome headlight switch and sensor control module kit but they also do non chrome specifically for Skoda which is a bit cheaper. There are two types depending on your car, just make sure it fits the MK2 Octy or MK5/6 golf because the Octy I switch is very similar except for the back connection. There's also a video on YouTube of a guy doing the retrofit, VW and Skoda use the same parts albeit a difference in illuminated colour red or green!

• Like 1

Make sure the kit is for an Octavia not a MK5/MK6 Golf.

The light switches are actually different shapes so the Golf version is round where as the Octavia version is oval. Either will work but I know I wouldn't want a gap at the top of my switch :)

edit:

You can see the gap in this post: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/360963-chinese-automatic-headlight-switch/?p=4371988

Edited by langers2k

Make sure the kit is for an Octavia not a MK5/MK6 Golf.

The light switches are actually different shapes so the Golf version is round where as the Octavia version is oval. Either will work but I know I wouldn't want a gap at the top of my switch :)

edit:

You can see the gap in this post: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/360963-chinese-automatic-headlight-switch/?p=4371988

Well spotted, I'll have to look for an Octavia cover now!

Quite tempted to do this on my Mk2 Octavia - which does have auto wipers and auto dipping rear view mirror ...

So, by the look soft it I just need the 'auto' switch and maybe the additional yellow wire ? It seems the switches themselves are available on eBay (£12 odd ?) but no mention of this wire that I may also need ?

(Just found this on another thread - "If you disconnect the plug from the back of your switch and look at the wires. If your plug is full (no empty pins) then you already have the wire required. If there is a blank pin then you need a repair wire and wire into the central electric controller then activate with VCDS. Took me about 30 mins start to finish to do"

Any idea's folks ?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Cornish_Lad

Quite tempted to do this on my Mk2 Octavia - which does have auto wipers and auto dipping rear view mirror ...

So, by the look soft it I just need the 'auto' switch and maybe the additional yellow wire ? It seems the switches themselves are available on eBay (£12 odd ?) but no mention of this wire that I may also need ?

(Just found this on another thread - "If you disconnect the plug from the back of your switch and look at the wires. If your plug is full (no empty pins) then you already have the wire required. If there is a blank pin then you need a repair wire and wire into the central electric controller then activate with VCDS. Took me about 30 mins start to finish to do"

Any idea's folks ?

Cheers

Mark

Get two repair wires from soda/TPS about a pound each. Splice them together, one on its own is a bit short.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

(Just found this on another thread - "If you disconnect the plug from the back of your switch and look at the wires. If your plug is full (no empty pins) then you already have the wire required. If there is a blank pin then you need a repair wire and wire into the central electric controller then activate with VCDS. Took me about 30 mins start to finish to do"

Any idea's folks ?

Cheers

Mark

Looks to be T10b/2 (light switch) to T52aa/20 (black connector on the BCM) according to this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/185415-auto-headlight-switch/

• 2 weeks later...

According to this video having fitted my auto headlight hardware it should now work but it's not??? Mine is a 2005/55 Octy which is based on the mk5 golf so what am I doing wrong, I've covered the sensor but the lights won't come on???

Edited by billywhiz040480

It also needs coding with vcds

That's what I've been thinking, I've got Carista but that doe work! I'm also upgrading to a Columbus so I'll get it all coded at the same time with a fellow Briskodian, cheers.

Edited by billywhiz040480

Yes , its working. I have a ambiente 2005 , I've fitted and works properly. Make sure if for skoda( light of switch is green), when you connect the module you will hear a sound, after fitting clear errors with vcds.

• 5 months later...

Hi. New -12 fl owner here. Auto wipers and auto dimming mirror are cool, but I want that auto light switch. Ordered one. 

So the problem is that someone here is talking that i might need a wire? What wire, where and how. 

As I'm seeing the process is simple:

1. change the switch that has auto option

2. cone the auto lights on

3. you might need a wire? what wire?

The wire is between the light switch and BCM. It's to tell the car the switch is in the auto position so if it's missing you won't get auto functionally.

Take a look at the connector which plugs in to the light switch, if it has all 10 wires you're fine.

• 7 months later...
On 15.01.2017 at 14:40, langers2k said:

The wire is between the light switch and BCM. It's to tell the car the switch is in the auto position so if it's missing you won't get auto functionally.

Take a look at the connector which plugs in to the light switch, if it has all 10 wires you're fine.

Hi there,IMAG0043_BURST002.thumb.jpg.80bce6c7a1bb6522e92557ea5b009a7d.jpg

Myself trying to sort my auto lights...have all what its need(incl.a.switch) but just now reakise that i need to have a 10wires in my plug

So my plug have nine wires...

What I should do next now?

Have the vcds as well.thanks for any info.

though there is like some hiden wire ...but i recon this red one is a power?IMAG0044.jpg

Edited by szamoT1984

9 hours ago, szamoT1984 said:

What I should do next now?

As per my earlier post https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/405392-auto-headlights-retrofit/?do=findComment&comment=4668079

Looks to be T10b/2 (light switch) to T52aa/20 (black connector on the BCM) according to this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/185415-auto-headlight-switch/

As for those red wires, has a pervious owner added something? Might be worth tidying that up or at least covering the exposed wiring.

9 hours ago, langers2k said:

As per my earlier post https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/405392-auto-headlights-retrofit/?do=findComment&comment=4668079

Looks to be T10b/2 (light switch) to T52aa/20 (black connector on the BCM) according to this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/185415-auto-headlight-switch/

As for those red wires, has a pervious owner added something? Might be worth tidying that up or at least covering the exposed wiring.

Well all the wires myself opened from black tape.,though there is a some cabel (missing 10th wire) under that iso. tape..anyway all looked like fabric covering of wires. i don't think last driver did anything.

at the moment Im takin off the trims..then will tray do the wire...i 've few parts left from A4 parts what i did some mods as well..have some plugs switches...bluethot. hope find proper contector

On 23.08.2017 at 09:45, langers2k said:

I have to get the wire.wonder if the two ends of that wire have same lookin end/pin??

Lookin at the light switch plug the pin nr2 looks smaler then the pin52 in BCM plug..?