Official Recalls on some Mk3 Superbs. Not Skoda Service Campaigns.

Ootohere

Criteria : (SKODA SUPERB) for the date range 01/Jan/2017 to 01/Dec/2017 
Information : Click on the recalls number to expand the detail and hover over the concern for a quick insight into the defect 
Please note that certain recalls have the same reference number, but relate to different models/variants of the same manufacturer/vehicle.
# Launch Date Recalls Number Make Model(s) Concern VIN Start VIN End Build Start Build End
1 31/03/2017 R/2017/091 SKODA Superb airbag/belt tensioners may not trigger in event of an accident TMBKH9NP5H7020887 TMBKH9NP5H7020887 02/05/2016 31/10/2016
2 31/03/2017 R/2017/091 SKODA Superb airbag/belt tensioners may not trigger in event of an accident TMBKB9NP1H7020905 TMBKB9NP1H7020905 02/05/2016 31/10/2016
3 31/03/2017 R/2017/091 SKODA Superb airbag/belt tensioners may not trigger in event of an accident TMBKH9NP4H7021111 TMBKH9NP4H7021111 02/05/2016 31/10/2016
4 28/11/2017 R/2017/319 SKODA Octavia, Superb rear wheel bearing housings may be incorrectly manufactured and could fail prematurely TMBMK7NE1J0145624 TMBDK7NE2J0147513 02/08/2017 01/09/2017

[ 1 ]

#4 may be relevant to some recent builds of Superbs and Octavias. Check out your VIN as it looks like 122 cars may have these faulty housings.

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

rear wheel bearing housings may be incorrectly manufactured and could fail prematurely

great! and MY16 are still ok with theyr unsolvable rattles

Edited by MartiniB

• 2 months later...
On 24/02/2018 at 23:24, jonesinamillion said:

Link here to check for recalls

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Typed my reg in (sportlin estate dsg 190 registered 31/10/17) and its flagged as outstanding recall as of 23/2/18

Any ideas?

I have just had this recall done, my superb 190 l&k was going mad and having numerous electrical issues (16plate). Drives great now, but they wont tell me what they did. Going back in tomorrow for a rattle and the adblue fault, so looks like I'm in a fabia for the next week! 

Recalls done to my car were listed as 46g9 and 90k1.

IMG_20180226_181353.jpg

received_776265482547232.jpeg

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:18, jonesinamillion said:

Apparently mine relates to headlight alignment (they didn't go into any more detail than that), booked in on Saturday.

My dealer told me this on Monday when I took mine in for its first service. If you have the same thing then the recall is 94k1 - they did it as part of the service and recorded it on the invoice so I think it is now part of the electronic service record. I believe it's to stop the headlights not initiating properly and only shining a few feet in front of the car. There is a thread on the problem (search Superb Xenon issue and you will get to it). I never had this problem either before or after the update, but glad it's been done.

• 1 month later...
On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:12, BriskodaJeff said:

My dealer told me this on Monday when I took mine in for its first service. If you have the same thing then the recall is 94k1 - they did it as part of the service and recorded it on the invoice so I think it is now part of the electronic service record. I believe it's to stop the headlights not initiating properly and only shining a few feet in front of the car. There is a thread on the problem (search Superb Xenon issue and you will get to it). I never had this problem either before or after the update, but glad it's been done.

Mine had it's first service last week and had the headlight recall actioned. The lights now do a different "dance" on startup, and it now includes using the shuttering on high beam that it didn't before. Other than that, haven't noticed any difference.

On 21/04/2018 at 23:05, jonesinamillion said:

Appointment now booked for 8th may and they need it for 3 days, not impressed :angry:

Mine went in for a headlight problem a couple of months ago - January.  I started noticing that the self-check was getting stuck part-way through the cycle.  Local dealer said all they did was install a software update that Skoda provided, and the problem went away.  The invoice didn't have any codes - just said "spoke to Skoda technical for rectification... update of master control unit"

As for the wheel-bearing housing, mine went back to the garage a week after it was delivered in Feb last year.  I had to take the technician out for a drive to demonstrate the problem because they hadn't heard of it occurring before.

Only outstanding gripe I have now, is the reluctance, sometimes, of the auto-hold brake not wanting to release when I want to start moving again!

Edited by Mikeworcs

• 3 months later...

Had my L&K headlights firmware updated as part of a recall the other day - not that there was anything wrong with them. They did it while I waited, cleaned the car inside and out without any charge. Skoda Eccles near Manchester.

21 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Had my L&K headlights firmware updated as part of a recall the other day - not that there was anything wrong with them. They did it while I waited, cleaned the car inside and out without any charge. Skoda Eccles near Manchester.

We had ours done yesterday when the car was in for its first service, hopefully it'll cure the cold weather glitches in the headlight levelling system.

Edit: They also agreed to replace the warped glove compartment door under warranty. :)

Edited by Derek_Mac

• 4 weeks later...

I've had new brake discs pads and wheel bearing rear left, wheels switched front to rear and the noise is still apparent. 

Appears to be when the temperature is cold or hot . If the car is left standing in the sun the noise is louder. First thing when I leave in the morning also. It's driving me mad. 

If I drive the car hard then the noise is all the time due to heat from the brakes. 

Great to know if anyone has had this resolved. 

Mileage 6k. :-(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just checked my new purchase of a 65 plate on the mot website and it's coming up with a Recall!! Only just got the car last week form the dealer and the recall date is today's date. A bit of a coincidence. 

How can I find out more details before the dealer rings me back as I don't think he'll call before the next week.

3 minutes ago, Offski said:

If it is a 'Safety Recall'  with the DVSA / Skoda then they need a kick up the backside.

Does it come up here as well on the Skoda's Mickey Mouse 'Recall Actions' VIN Checker?

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Not showing up on the the above link. Although that site doesn't seem to be very smart as it comes back as a clear with whatever numbers you put in there!!

Dealers looking into it. Strange that the recall is dated "at least 5th October"....IE today's date!

• 1 year later...

I am having issues with my 19 plate Superb 1.5 TSi with 6 speed manual gearbox. Issues with jumping along in 1st gear when cold and stalling at junctions for no apparent reason. I contacted Skoda this evening and there is a recall campaign 24EU which Skoda or Skoda dealer had not informed me that I needed / was entitled to to fix my car's issues! Very poor service. I have booked my car in via Arnold Clark website for Thursday to hopefully get it sorted. I will report back after1902377393_livechat2141019.thumb.png.6f6e271d1e41563e7dcf050d15e3b7e0.png2048212775_livechat1141019.thumb.png.aa176406578e116848a17cc6d0f414d7.pngwards.

On 15/10/2019 at 21:27, Roottootemoot said:

It is not a Recall Campaign or a Recall Action as 'they are not contacting registered keepers'. 

They have a Lost in translation issue, as in, it is a Service Campaign, and as usual a Secret Service Skoda Campaign,  you find out if lucky.

>

Does your car show on here?

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

No, not showing on there. I got the recall work done today and noticed a difference when pulling away in 1st gear. Car is smoother and doesn't feel as if it is jumping down the road! This definetely fixes the issues I was experiencing. Strange that the new Superb isn't offered with a manual gearbox?

On 26/02/2018 at 18:16, Chrisd928 said:

I have just had this recall done, my superb 190 l&k was going mad and having numerous electrical issues (16plate). Drives great now, but they wont tell me what they did. Going back in tomorrow for a rattle and the adblue fault, so looks like I'm in a fabia for the next week! 

Recalls done to my car were listed as 46g9 and 90k1.

IMG_20180226_181353.jpg

received_776265482547232.jpeg

What was the outcome with the AdBlue issue you had?  Mine's in tomorrow and, although I've explained that there should be enough AdBlue to sail an aircraft carrier to the moon (that and the "Error" displayed on the Maxidot), they're adamant it's just asking for a fill-up.  We'll see...but just wanted to see if it was a quick fix or whether it was something a little more lengthy...

• 2 months later...