Octavia III Facelift

It must be a looker, because I can't stand it and - let's be honest - I am universally wrong about all things fashion. If I think it's horrible then it must be the in thing!

I think the new look has shades of the previous E class Merc crossed with a current Cadillac saloon. It's looks seems very colour dependent to my eyes (admittedly I loved my original shape BMW 1 series, so perhaps I'm no arbiter of taste :D)

I dont know if it's just me, but I think it looks a bit like an old rover. I just can't think which model it reminds me of.

If the lights stay like this I wouldnt have one, I like the simple and slightly sporty look of my current vrs estate too much.

Remember these are the press pictures, in a flattering colour that hides the shape, 'enhanced' wheels that sit close to the arches, ratchet straps on the springs to lower the suspension etc etc

If you think it is bad now then think of what it will look like in other colours, normal wheels sitting on their hubs and the usual ride height.

Was hoping that they would go with the low-powered 2.0tsi on the 4x4 (like VW) but they seem to be sticking with the 1.8. Still a good engine but shows Skoda is down the pecking order for new ideas. (not that it is looking like the petrol 4x4 will make it to the UK as ever)

It sort of reminds me of the Rover 75 when it had the twin lamps.

tourer001.gif

Sorry challymo, don't wish to be unkind to a newbie, but...

Should've gone to Specsavers.

:)

TBH and IMHO, the inner lamps bear some resemblance to the previous generation (2009-2016) Merc E Class, pre-facelift, as others have mentioned?

What's the betting that it'll prove just as popular as the facelifted Octy 2, that replaced the downcast look of the launch version?

(Incoming...!)

• Like 1

Meh...shiny trinkets to keep it selling for another 2 years... Until the MkIV is rolled out. .....What there's a loaded Backline version, let me rush out and buy one.....

• Like 2

It does look pretty good there

I reckon the designer must have been about 20ft tall, or designed it from upstairs because I've found an angle from which the front looks okay:

oct3.jpg?itok=jNVkJMKC