Octavia III Facelift

I noticed in the Autogefühl video about the Kodiaq that Jozef Kaban talked a lot about the four eyes of the Kodiaq. So four eyes might be a theme for coming designs, however good or bad they execute it

That's just the thing though, when Kaban was talking about "four eyes forward" he was with the Kodiak. That must have meant two headlights and two fog lights on the Kodiak. Using the same thinking the facelift Octy has 'six eyes forward' doesn't make sense to me.

One thing that sold the mk3 to me was its clean, simple, styling (OK some say boring) But it showed how simple it was when Kaban 'captured' the styling of the Octy 3 with a dozen pen-strokes on a white board when it was launched a while ago.

I think he would need a dozen more pen-strokes to 'capture' this face. They haven't even made an attempt to hide the radar in the grille like the Superb. Just a black box in the middle of one of their design 'features'.

I am sure it will look better in the flesh, but it would have to! Looks a bit of a dogs-dinner to me at the moment

• Like 1

I noticed in the Autogefühl video about the Kodiaq that Jozef Kaban talked a lot about the four eyes of the Kodiaq. So four eyes might be a theme for coming designs, however good or bad they execute it. 

Here by the way is a photoshopped image of the facelift with un-split headlights  :notme:

DjTxsqV.jpg

Much better and more in line with the sharp lines of the Superb 3 and Kodiaq.

well, they've succeeded in making the Superb look even better than it already did

to me the wide nature of the grill plus small lights makes the "real" headlights look very squashed and small and makes the face look squeezed 

The Superb is also getting a facelift next year as well. So I'd wager it will look similar with the 4 lights.

I can see where they were going with this. Im not 100% convinced it's worked though. The Kodiaq has the large bumper to stack the lights instead of sitting them next to each other. Who knows, maybe by the time the vRS is launched I'll like it. Because right now I'm not sure what I'd replace my current vRS with that's similar in size.

I noticed in the Autogefühl video about the Kodiaq that Jozef Kaban talked a lot about the four eyes of the Kodiaq. So four eyes might be a theme for coming designs, however good or bad they execute it. 

Here by the way is a photoshopped image of the facelift with un-split headlights  :notme:

DjTxsqV.jpg

Maybe you should be asking Skoda for a job?!  :D

Customisable key,infotainment looks bigger with just buttons on one side, heated steering wheel. Not keen on the looks of the front lights either but the LED headlights are worth it.

Just need confirmation of the VRS RS now........

I am going to guess that the Octavia was too appealing and stealing sales from other brands in the group and also from the Superb. They had to make it a tad uglier so that people buy elsewhere...

• Like 4

I am going to guess that the Octavia was too appealing and stealing sales from other brands in the group and also from the Superb. They had to make it a tad uglier so that people buy elsewhere...

I've seen this theory in other comments. I don't believe any manufacturer would do this, trying to boost sales of a less successful product by making a more successful product less attractive.

I'm biased, since I'm awaiting my second Octavia III, but maybe this design will grow on me when I see it in the flesh. I am supprised (although pleased) they didn't do like Seat and changed the hand brake to electrical.

Is there any info on whether the "active display" will be avaliable in the Skoda?

That's just the thing though, when Kaban was talking about "four eyes forward" he was with the Kodiak. That must have meant two headlights and two fog lights on the Kodiak. Using the same thinking the facelift Octy has 'six eyes forward' doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't realize that the second set of lights on the Kodiaq was the fog lights. I see it now.

Customisable key,infotainment looks bigger with just buttons on one side, heated steering wheel. Not keen on the looks of the front lights either but the LED headlights are worth it.

Just need confirmation of the VRS RS now........

I'd be more interested in improvements to the interior, with better quality materials as well as the updated electronics.

When you're driving you can't see the exterior, but you have to live with interior materials. fit/finish, etc.

As for the looks / different headlights, etc. if they work & are better than the current car then I'd not care overmuch about the styling.

I'm not a big fan of they way our Golf looks, but it drives well & a nice place to be in. Much the same with my Superb, it's not a great looker but it's better than

expected inside, & it's quicker than it looks too.........

DC

The lines of the front are all over the place.

The two headlights on each side doesn't even line up. it's as if they tried to incorporate the small lights in the grill.  :sick:

Skoda-Octavia-Facelift-2017-Vorstellung-

This is a Rapid, not an Octavia, as far as I can see, not to mention that this still looks like some king of rendering, not necessarily an and product.

This is a Rapid, not an Octavia, as far as I can see, not to mention that this still looks like some king of rendering, not necessarily an and product.

Unfortunately your are wrong. This is the new Octavia. You can see it confirmed on the official Skoda instagram

Unfortunately your are wrong. This is the new Octavia. You can see it confirmed on the official Skoda instagram

I could swore this looks like rapid to me: https://www.google.hr/search?q=skoda+rapid+front&hl=en&biw=1745&bih=864&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwigrcbnt_3PAhXLuBoKHaZSCRoQ_AUIBigB

In either case, whatever....  :D

Yes,  they really messed with the proportions of the car it seems. The side view looks like a Rapid too - but its not :-/

The mk3 octy vRS is a good looking car why have you got a mk3 if you don't like the look of it ?

That one of the reasons I got one it looked stunning at the 2014 briskoda national meet on horton stand and it still looks good

The new facelift octavia looks ugly and make my car looks so good but we are all different and that a good thing

Rob, we're gonna have to agree to differ on this one, you won't convince me it's good looking and I have one because I/my family need a cavernous family car which is good value for money (the wife's an accountant)

It ticks boxes but good looking it ain't and if the facelift don't sell well great, I'm replacing mine for the 67 plate so, I reckon I'll get a good discount, which I'll need to reduce the depreciation due to it looking so Fugle