Octavia III Facelift

News of a AWD Seat Leon Cupra:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/seat/seat-plots-296bhp-awd-leon-st-cupra-estate-and-hatch/

Probably where my money will go unless Skoda do something similar. Not because of fugliness, more because Skoda won't sell the car I want. (A petrol VRS 4x4 estate)

It is so much smaller than an Octavia when you look at the interior and boot space, but those specs are nothing to sniff about - kinda starting to make me rearrange my priorities.

With that said, I still hope to have quite a few years ahead of Octavia ownership and I am fairly happy about mine.

News of a AWD Seat Leon Cupra:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/seat/seat-plots-296bhp-awd-leon-st-cupra-estate-and-hatch/

Probably where my money will go unless Skoda do something similar. Not because of fugliness, more because Skoda won't sell the car I want. (A petrol VRS 4x4 estate)

One in stock in Skoda Nottingham.

One in stock in Skoda Nottingham.

Really? A PETROL 4x4 VRS? Seems unlikely?

Unless I'm much mistaken Skoda haven't listed any petrol Octavia 4x4 models in the UK recently

Edited by juan27

Its time to buy a new superb sportline until they ruin that as well.

Tempting but I don't need anything wider than an Octy on the country lanes I commute on.

Really? A PETROL 4x4 VRS? Seems unlikely?

Unless I'm much mistaken Skoda haven't listed any petrol Octavia 4x4 models in the UK recently

When I was ringing around the dealerships (last week) to see what vRS models were left of forecourts / warehouses to refresh my PCP, there was a 4x4 vRS at Skoda Nottingham. Hold a gun to my head and I'll concede that it MAY have been a diesel, but I cant say for sure.

Although to be honest, I would be fine with the pre-Adblue 184 diesel unit that the Octy has.

When I was ringing around the dealerships (last week) to see what vRS models were left of forecourts / warehouses to refresh my PCP, there was a 4x4 vRS at Skoda Nottingham. Hold a gun to my head and I'll concede that it MAY have been a diesel, but I cant say for sure.

Although to be honest, I would be fine with the pre-Adblue 184 diesel unit that the Octy has.

Diesel

• Like 1

No MAY about it, it would be an oil burner

• Like 1

My whole point was that I want a petrol 4x4

Edited by juan27

Wow... I saw a picture of the FL a while back and hoped it was a bedroom photoshop job. Sorry to say I was wrong........

I believe the FL design is the result of a blurry fax with a crease in the paper roll, hence the stupid gap in the headlights. They should've used the Mk3 Superb for inspiration. I hope and pray they don't butcher the Superb like this come FL time. 

• Like 1

When I first saw the photos of the facelift I had the same reaction as you guys - but the more I look at it the more it begins to grow on me.

I'm liking the changes to the interior. The speculation about new features coming to the car sounds great as well. They may have even gone so far as to sort out those issues regarding the booming sound in the hatchback models. 

Has anyone heard when they'll start taking pre-orders for this car? Actually..is there any word on when they'll reveal the VRS model? I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my own to a 2017 with a DSG box.

The interior/feature upgrades are good, although kind of to be expected with new cars, the relocation/hiding of the ACC radar is also good. The decision to drastically change the front lights (for the worse in my and seemingly most others opinion) and barely touch the rear lights is absolutely baffling.

Glad I was most of the way to buying a 2016 model when I saw the facelift.

The decision to drastically change the front lights (for the worse in my and seemingly most others opinion) and barely touch the rear lights is absolutely baffling.

Not really. It'll be cost. New front lights looks like it just requires a new light cluster and new front bumper. So little retooling. Changing the rear light shape would likely involve a new boot lid, rear bumper and probably redesign of the rear 3/4 as well. So much more retooling. So keeping the same shape but redesigning the interior of the cluster is a far cheaper option.

• Like 1

The interior/feature upgrades are good, although kind of to be expected with new cars, the relocation/hiding of the ACC radar is also good. The decision to drastically change the front lights (for the worse in my and seemingly most others opinion) and barely touch the rear lights is absolutely baffling.

Glad I was most of the way to buying a 2016 model when I saw the facelift.

Where have they put the radar?

Hope its better protected against snow than now. It doesnt take much snow before the ACC is unavailable with the current design..

Where have they put the radar?

Hope its better protected against snow than now. It doesnt take much snow before the ACC is unavailable with the current design..

Centre of the grill. It's the bit in the middle that isn't slatted. Like the Superb.

• Like 1

132 kw = 177..... hp / 180ps (minimum)  135 kw =181. something hp 184ps (minimum)

Maybe BREXIT UK can get back to Imperial sometime as Metric never really happened, still people speak in MPG and buy fuel in litres.

Decimal would have suited the Euro if that had ever been adopted.

Edited by Offski

Dealer showed me a stack of pictures of this car today, and at some angles it actually looks pretty neat to me. Problem is the full monty frontal shot is just wrong, on oh so many levels. Then again the blank front of the baby Tesla looks even worse, but I would have one in a heart beat if they didn't want 10K now with delivery late 2017 at the earliest. 

I think I'll reserve judgement for when I see one in the flesh. To me, when the Superb was being extensively covered, I couldn't get an idea of its shape until I saw a few out in the daylight. Thankfully they looked a lot better than the impression I got from magazine and pics on the web.

Really though, I'll probably only be interested in the vRS models.

prices and list of extras from CZ

http://www.skoda-auto.cz/SiteCollectionDocuments/skoda-auto/ke-stazeni/nova-octavia-cenik.pdf

there is no 1.2 TSI and no 1.6 TDI 4x4

Not a bad update to the interior trim, even though I know it's for the Czech market.

Full LED headlights standard on the Style version, Bolero & Amundsen units has been increased to a 8" screen from Ambition spec up, with the Columbus 9.2" screen optional. Kessy standard on the Style.

I'm still torn on the outward appearance until I see it in the flesh, but on the interior it's a welcome update in terms of refinement and polish.