Octavia III Facelift

Now that *is* a nice selling point.

I think i will order one just of that reason. I dont understand why the kodiaq has to wait for virtuell Cockpit? They have to wait for next upadte i suppose?

Rob, we're gonna have to agree to differ on this one, you won't convince me it's good looking and I have one because I/my family need a cavernous family car which is good value for money (the wife's an accountant)

It ticks boxes but good looking it ain't and if the facelift don't sell well great, I'm replacing mine for the 67 plate so, I reckon I'll get a good discount, which I'll need to reduce the depreciation due to it looking so Fugle

Mine is due for replacement then, and it certainly won't be replaced with another Octavia.

In hindsight, can get better lease deals on either a Superb L&K or even the new E-class has some amazing deals out there...my biggest temptation is the new 5-series when it's out.

Anyway, back on topic the FL Octy 3 is still hideous, and it gets even more so every time I look at it!

I wasn't sure at first and seeing in the metal would help but I've got used to it and think it looks okay too. VRS mock up looks good if it came out anything like that and wouldnt put me off having another, especially with the virtual cockpit.

An article on What Car's website.  Doesn't say a great deal that hasn't been mentioned already though.
http://www.whatcar.com/news/skoda-octavia-facelift-revealed/

Apparently the new infotainment options  "all feature glass touchscreens, which are designed to respond to light touches."

But (having recently changed to an Octavia and used a touchscreen for the first time), touchscreens can't be used well without taking hands and eyes off the wheel, and I'm far from convinced that responding to light touches will be any easier. The cars with a wheel or other controller in the centre console to control their screens have it right IMO.

• Like 2

Looks like the Octavia is going to be a marmite car now, fair play to those who like it but that front end with the split lights is hideous imho.

What problems did the original Octavia III had ? (what people complained about ?)

Sorry are you asking what issues the pre-face lift has?

Have a look here for some common ones - I mentioned most the issues I've had, a lot seem common issues. Also getting a real problem with steaming up again, having to use the heated windscreen far more than I should.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/392842-26-months-of-ownership-26-weeks-off-the-road-so-far-counting/?fromsearch=1

Undecided. I remember when the Mk2 FL was first announced my immediate reaction was quite negative but a year or two later it had grown on me and I bought one. Certainly Skoda need less bland generic styling now they are no longer a budget brand.

So any solid news on the VRS spec? It needs 240bhp+ in my opinion, the game has moved on. Oh and get rid of that stupid noise generator.

• Like 2