things that niggle you about your yeti!

aernala

I guess the difference is the Elegance comes with Columbus or Amundsen?

My SEL has the new Bolero. Good improvement over the old version, but the lack of contacts on the MFD is a backwards step IMHO

A slight niggle I have discovered is the front headrests rising up after driving down some bumpy roads, being a shortarse I have them fully down, but have noticed recently that they have raised up to the first hold mark on the headrest, there appears to be no hold mark when in the lowest position, not a major problem but still niggles me and SWMBO when she drives

Have we had anything about not being able to permanently set the 'turn off screen after 10 seconds' on the Bolero?

Yes I'd like to see that as well long night drive better with the screen out but you have to reset each time

I'd love it if the roofline was about 3" lower. Every time I look at the car I think that. Yes it is quirky cool in a pipe and slippers kind of way but with this mod it has potential to actually be genuinely cool....sans pipe and slippers..

I'd love it if the roofline was about 3" lower. Every time I look at the car I think that. Yes it is quirky cool in a pipe and slippers kind of way but with this mod it has potential to actually be genuinely cool....sans pipe and slippers..

Like a new Range Rover?

• Like 1

Its probably just me but if the back seats are not fully back my car keys fall in the boot when I rest them on the parcel shelf while loading the back seats :-(

Easy fix.....put them in your pocket :notme: 

• Like 2

Like a new Range Rover?

I followed a new Discovery (didn't know there was one) the other day (not the Sport which I like) and thought what an ungainly looking vehicle.

Had a look at the LR web-site and had to smile as they describe it as "beautifully proportioned"!

To my eyes it looks anything but and expensive as well starting from £43k.

• Like 1

A slight niggle I have discovered is the front headrests rising up after driving down some bumpy roads, being a shortarse I have them fully down, but have noticed recently that they have raised up to the first hold mark on the headrest, there appears to be no hold mark when in the lowest position, not a major problem but still niggles me and SWMBO when she drives

Continuing with my handy hints, how about sitting on a cushion? :notme: 

Continuing with my handy hints, how about sitting on a cushion? :notme:

It may raise me up a bit, but that's not the problem! It still won't stop the headrests from moving up ;)

It may raise me up a bit, but that's not the problem! It still won't stop the headrests from moving up ;)

Ah, maybe not, but at least you could raise yourself up to the first click on the adjustment :happy:  Okay, I'll shut up now.

Ah, maybe not, but at least you could raise yourself up to the first click on the adjustment :happy:  Okay, I'll shut up now.

Think that maybe a good idea, quit while you think you're ahead :x

Take off the roof bars.

Looks like this:

outtg9.jpg

• Like 3

Take off the roof bars.

Looks like this:

outtg9.jpg

Nice. Is it yours? Can you post more photos? Did you just put screws in the mounting holes or did you get them filled and painted? Edited by dieselyeti

Nice. Is it yours? Can you post more photos? Did you just put screws in the mounting holes or did you get them filled and painted?

Yes it's mine but it was only temporarily like that while I was swapping roof rails with another member - I wanted his silver ones, he wanted my black ones.

I quite liked what it looked like, sans-rails, so took a photo.

It would be quite easy to do that though - remove the bars, fill the holes & paint.

I quite like it very much! 

The absence of body-coloured B pillars and removing the roof bars take it to a higher level (aesthetically) and a lower level (physically) at the same time - yet another Yeti talent!

Graham isn't going to like this, because it's an Outdoor, but I think it's crying out to be lowered with that look.

I hope this doesn't mean that we're going to get the air suspension brigade out again! :giggle:

Fred

My apologies if this has already been mentioned but for the Outdoor models ( the clue is surely in the name) why is it not an option to have hard wearing rubber/ pvc boot covering and the same material on the back seat backs. I know that you can get third party covers but that isn't the point of the thread.

Must say that I would have liked to have seen a stronger back to the rear seats so that there's no risk of damaging either the cloth seat backs, or the "leather" rear seat armrest. I suspect they have cloth backs in order to keep down the wight of the removable rear seats that are often criticised in the car reviews for being too heavy when lifting them in & out of the car.