Has anyone changed a cambelt on a TDI 2.0 CR 170?

mickatdunge

I'm considering doing this myself but, although there are good Youtubes on other models, can't find a procedure specific for the Yeti.  I'm mostly unsure about how to get to the engine bracket to remove it (and supporting the engine once it's gone).

Thanks

Mick

I have just changed the cam belt on my 2012 Yeti CR140.

Used this youtube-guide and also opened some of the related guides in elsawin.

Had some struggle with the rear one of the three bolts that fasten the bracket to the engine block.

The bolt has M16 hex head, but the tight space made me give up this option. But the bolt is also equipped to take an M12 XZN tool.
I finally had to separate the M12 XZN bit from its 1/2" drive. Could then use an M12 wrench on the XZN bit.

Proper pliers for the coolant hose clips are also recommended.

The engine needs to be supported with a jack as you may need to lift or lower the engine to get better access to the bracket bolts.

I did not remove the bracket, just separated it enough from the "front" of the block to slide the belt tensioner off its bolt.

I installed a Dayco kit including waterpump.  Also installed new aux belt from SKF.  Didn't find time to replace the tensioner for aux belt. But this will also be replaced in the near future.

• 1 month later...