EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

@lol-lol

We feel for you, able to take your pension early, doing so well with your pensions and investments and property, 

being head hunted by one and all, BREXIT a great earning opportunity for you to earn earn earn.

Every cloud has Silver Linings. 

?

With the price drop on new Tesla are you getting an order in now?

@Ryeman

Subprime lending happened and there was a Banking Crash.

The people have supported the banks, the banks are thriving, the Government sells bad debt and somehow the Banks and Investment houses and hedge funds / managers profit very well.

The Government just print money and lend it to the banks to supposedly lend to 'fix' the dodgy system.

So the Money is out there with Car Finance and Manufacturers and Subprime lending.

What is the worst that can happen?

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

If you start young and divert some of your income into what we call superannuation and which is a low tax strategy, you end up with a German style advanced industrial economy and your salary sacrifices will pay handsomely come retirement.

To Germans, perhaps houses aren’t the vanity project like they seem to be in english speaking countries.

3 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

If you start young and divert some of your income into what we call superannuation and which is a low tax strategy, you end up with a German style advanced industrial economy and your salary sacrifices will pay handsomely come retirement.

To Germans, perhaps houses aren’t the vanity project like they seem to be in english speaking countries.

The UK has a terrible pension system, combination of private and state, making it one of the worse in Europe so UK property get that 29% up to the 50% it should be.....

Image may contain: text

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@lol-lol

We feel for you, able to take your pension early, doing so well with your pensions and investments and property, 

being head hunted by one and all, BREXIT a great earning opportunity for you to earn earn earn.

Every cloud has Silver Linings. 

?

With the price drop on new Tesla are you getting an order in now?

@Ryeman

Subprime lending happened and there was a Banking Crash.

The people have supported the banks, the banks are thriving, the Government sells bad debt and somehow the Banks and Investment houses and hedge funds / managers profit very well.

The Government just print money and lend it to the banks to supposedly lend to 'fix' the dodgy system.

So the Money is out there with Car Finance and Manufacturers and Subprime lending.

What is the worst that can happen?

Being able to take pension "early" is simply turning 55 and everyone should look at taking their 25% for then as pension investments are generally in a bad pace at the moment at you could be lucky to get back what you put in taking inflation in to account.  Take some out at 55 and every year or two after that is a great way to avoid PAYE taxes by taking out and then added more back in whilst one still works.

Pure luck I ended up in Customs and Customs Consultancy, that was decided by the Civil Service Commission and it was my third choice after Energy and Transport which are two areas I would have preferred to have worked in.   

I voted Remain, it seemed like and still does appear to be an act of self harm by the UK to leave the EU.  If that hands my industry an addtiional £6.5B per annum (and that is before the new EU Customs Declaration Service is introduced later this year which should increase the customs declaration income by another 50% per annum or so)  then so be it, would rather the Status Quo but if the cup is one I should drink from so be it.   Might wash my hands of it if it all becomes too much and goods will just have to stay at the port accumulating demurrage. 

French Customs have already started work to rule due to lack of BREXIT planning...............................

REUTERS/Pascal Rossignol | Trucks queue on the Dunkirk-Calais motorway as French Customs Officers increase their controls on transported goods to protest against the lack of ressources as the Brexit date approaches, in Saint-Folquin, France March 8, 2019.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190309-brexit-french-customs-strike-delay-eurostar-airports-train-channel-tunnel 

rtx6q7k6.jpg     

Edited by lol-lol

2 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

Wishing for a hard Brexit is doubling down on pain it seems to me.

Ex BREXIT Minister David Davis said on telly this morning that the EU has more to lose than the UK does.

It is true that in goods the UK buys more from the EU than the EU buys from UK but the fact that the UK trade is only 6% of the EU's trade but the 44% of the UK exports go to the EU !

UK needs EU grown food.  EU does not need UK cars, Airbus, BMW-Mini , Jaguar Land Rover can, and are, moving over to mainland Europe.   UK has a weak hand in goods and some financial services will also move to the EU due to legal requirements.

7 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@lol-lol

I was referring to Regulation 53 / Superannuation and Civil Servants. (protected under the 2008 scheme regulations)

This applied to me. Lump sum coming later this year.

Still got a couple of years for my lump sump which will only be a quarter of full anyways so not enough for a second hand Zoe ZE40 I reckon but better than nothing.   What does Reg 53 amend ?  Another slash like the move from RPI to CPI ? 

1 hour ago, Ryeman said:

Tell his base, don’t waste your time telling me.

It is you who commented about him. Chill.

2 hours ago, moley said:

Fullfact later published another report that said their own figures were meaningless

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/articles/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31
None of the graphs show what membership means Re free trade deals and the benefits to business which brings money into the UK.
All those businesses upping sticks would still be here if we'd stayed in bringing in money and helping the economy. 
https://medium.com/im-trying-to-fact-check-brexit/fact-checking-remain-do-we-get-10-for-every-1-we-put-into-the-eu-62085b8d7cb0

From the ads on TV it seems like when you're retired, remortgaging your house is the 'in thing'. Enables you to go on a cruise and do all those improvements you wanted to do.
Mind you, the downside is when you pop your clogs you leave a not so nice inheritance of a big debt for your kids.

19 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Fullfact later published another report that said their own figures were meaningless

This one from the EU, figures are per person.

Now which country does Jean Claude Junckers come from?:thinking:

2JunEUcontribsFINALweb-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lol-lol said:

House prices falling in SE Australia too.  Economically tough in many places!

Recession in China affects every economy from USA, Europe, Japan and Australia. Lovely testimony in Church this morning from a Polish couple who came to the UK 14 years ago. Brought up in Poland under the Catholic faith they described how Bibles were not available and they had to take at face value what the Priest would tell them as Gospel. They have found since moving here in 2005 that British people are accepting, friendly, welcoming and encouraging (all their words). They are now qualified nurses in ICU working for the NHS. They admitted they came here for the better opportunities and pay that the UK offered yet have decided to stay here and make it their home. Finally so convinced that they had been oppressed back in Poland during their teenage years they decided 6 years ago to embrace the UK and changed their faith and became Christians. Today was the culmination of all their hard work and they received a heart warming applause as they were baptised along with a British lady. The husband concluded by saying that he came here to better their lives and their experience completely transformed them and his priority was now God, Wife, Children and the money would fall into place given a strong faith. Those with no faith in God will never achieve what they are ultimately capable of. Sorry if you are an athiest but this story really affected me in a most positive manner.:inlove:

40 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

From the ads on TV it seems like when you're retired, remortgaging your house is the 'in thing'. Enables you to go on a cruise and do all those improvements you wanted to do.
Mind you, the downside is when you pop your clogs you leave a not so nice inheritance of a big debt for your kids.

Or if you lived in a council house your entire life like my 93 year Grandmother you get to pay rent your entire adult life until you die and leave absolutely nothing to your children. She had £1,400 to her name and her 4 children decided to give £100 each to her 14 Grandchildren instead.:sadsmile:

Telly ads. 

Advertising.   That is advertising to the gullible.   Not a sign of any trend.

Just that they are in business, making money and having customers.  No sign that they are in a business that will last.  There used to be PPI. 

12 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Recession in China affects every economy from USA, Europe, Japan and Australia. Lovely testimony in Church this morning from a Polish couple who came to the UK 14 years ago. Brought up in Poland under the Catholic faith they described how Bibles were not available and they had to take at face value what the Priest would tell them as Gospel. They have found since moving here in 2005 that British people are accepting, friendly, welcoming and encouraging (all their words). They are now qualified nurses in ICU working for the NHS. They admitted they came here for the better opportunities and pay that the UK offered yet have decided to stay here and make it their home. Finally so convinced that they had been oppressed back in Poland during their teenage years they decided 6 years ago to embrace the UK and changed their faith and became Christians. Today was the culmination of all their hard work and they received a heart warming applause as they were baptised along with a British lady. The husband concluded by saying that he came here to better their lives and their experience completely transformed them and his priority was now God, Wife, Children and the money would fall into place given a strong faith. Those with no faith in God will never achieve what they are ultimately capable of. Sorry if you are an athiest but this story really affected me in a most positive manner.:inlove:

The key fact is that trade wars and lack of trade deals harm everyone.

Last time I check Catholicism was a Christian religion and all other Christian faith are splinters from one the Apostolic RC church which have occurred like Henry VIII wish to bin wives like suits he has tired off. 

Unity under the Treaty of Rome or Roman Catholic church and nationalism is the refuge of scoundrels.

14 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Or if you lived in a council house your entire life like my 93 year Grandmother you get to pay rent your entire adult life until you die and leave absolutely nothing to your children. She had £1,400 to her name and her 4 children decided to give £100 each to her 14 Grandchildren instead.:sadsmile:

Maybe you should have been a nicer grandson and helper her out with that whopping profit you keep bragging about?

5 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

The key fact is that trade wars and lack of trade deals harm everyone.

Last time I check Catholicism was a Christian religion and all other Christian faith are splinters from one the Apostolic RC church which have occurred like Henry VIII wish to bin wives like suits he has tired off. 

Unity under the Treaty of Rome or Roman Catholic church and nationalism is the refuge of scoundrels.

So are you calling the Polish couple liars. With respect you do not know what you are talking about. Suggest you stick to customs matters.:thinking: