How many Yeti drivers never had a speeding ticket

Sad555

After looking at a post about speedometers I was wondering, as most Yeti owners are over 30 how many speeding tickets they have acquired over the years,I don't want to tempt providence but I think I've had about 3,all in works vehicles and has anybody never had one?or attended a speed awareness course?

Edited by Sad555

Passed my test in 1979 and owned a car since 1982. No speeding tickets or parking offences.

Stopped once by Police at 11:30 at night in 1983. He drove off fairly sharp when I informed him he had a headlamp out.

Colin

• Like 1

My most interesting was when I lived in Norway. On a road that I new, but was unaware the limit had recently been reduced from 80kph to 60kph, so it was an honest mistake. It was a hand held radar gun. As I stopped his first question was "How much do you earn"? They set the fine according to income!  

Made a similar mistake in the UK, missed the 30 sign, though I was in 40mph. As I was clocked at 36mph I took the Speed Awareness option. It was very interesting and has certainly focused my mind on speed. After driving for 60yrs now, no current points at present [touch wood]  I try to keep my Sat Nav. on most of the time as the Speed Limit indication is sometimes very useful.

Fifty years and none yet, but that's more due to good fortune than anything else. I suppose this may well enter the category 'famous last words'! :think: 

• Like 3

I had to drive a Yeti for 50 miles in reduced power mode once, there was no chance of me getting a speeding ticket and coincidentally enough the same applied to everyone stuck behind me.

Nothing for me in 33 years of driving, which is a surprise as 30 years ago I wouldn't have given a second thought to driving at well over the speed limit.

Given that the 'other' Yeti speedo thread to which the OP refers has gone a little 'techy' and that most posters in this thread are guilt free, I wonder in fact whether anyone has ever been caught speeding in a Yeti?

Is this because the Yeti is invisible to radar and immune to Trigonometry? Perhaps Stealth technology is not worth further investment because Skoda already have the perfect solution....

• Like 3

Still waiting on my Yeti arriving but thus far in 33 years of driving, no tickets at all, touching wood rapidly!

Think it's really a bit of luck this kind of thing really, I've known of more than a few people who've been given speeding tickets by policemen who

have shall we say hidden themselves from plain sight, on one occasion one elderly relative got one after being caught speeding by a policeman

crouched down in a trench which was there as part of ongoing roadworks near Glasgow! Loads of people have been caught just on the edge of 

leaving a built up area, accelerating a wee bit too quickly after they pass the last houses but not unfortunately for them technically in the faster 

speed zone. The police often sit on the bridges on the motorway to Stirling pointing their speed guns a long way down the road catching out the

unwary drivers there and also on the artificially low speed limit section at Cumbernauld which is the start of the A73, 40 mph dual carriageway 

off the motorway, easy pickings for them methinks.

I would like to think it was a matter of luck but from the replys on here there does appear to be some consistency in some drivers being on the roads a lifetime with picking up a ticket and I don't think that can be all "luck" over such a long period.