£500 For cambelt and water pump and aux belt on my VRS PD170 Fair price ?

As per title dose £500 sound fair for a genuine cambelt kit and water pump and aux belt on my VRS PD170 ?

i was quoted this by my local indy who we use for big jobs on our cars, 

skoda fixed price is slightly cheaper but dosent include the £20 aux belt as far as i can see,

Edited by willy0329

Mine is going in tomorrow, Skoda dealer, cambelt but not pump as this was done in 2015  ..Price £390, if pump was done £425.Now done 88300 miles in 5 years 4 months.

For an extra £35 I would probably just get the pump changed while its all stripped down.

I have just been quoted the following for genuine VAG parts:

TPS - kit £201.50 plus VAT, water pump £46.50 plus VAT

Skoparts - kit £250 inc VAT and delivery, pump £54 inc VAT.

The water pumps are exchange items.

I managed to get all the parts delivered for £240 from someone on another forum who Manages a VW Parts Dept

I have been quoted £120 to have it fitted at a local independent garage, so £360 all in.

Just got a message that the rear bump stop has perished.£185.55

I ran my Mk1 for three years with perished bump stops as it was not a reason for MOT failure. Ask your garage if this is the same on the Mk 2 if you don't want to get it fixed right away.

Just got a message that the rear bump stop has perished.£185.55

Does your garage know they can buy the bump stops on their own? unless you need new shock absorbers then that price is madness,i bought some bumps stops for my octavia,they cost me £20 for a kit of 2 bump stops & covers,easy job to fit them as well,1 hour max at a garage. 

Slightly highjacking this but I have had the belt and waterpump done today at my Indy, can't tell the price accurately because I will not be invoiced for a month all I know its approx.£300. When I picked it up I asked if all was ok and he said it was, on the way home (all motorway) the car has more poke than before, why is this ? :dull: 

If the old pump was iffy it might have been slightly overheating.

Im getting my cam belt and pump done along with service soon. Around £380 with a local indy

Surely if it was slightly overheating the gauge would be slightly up as well, because it has always been at normal, if this was the case would a slight overheat affect performance ?

Maybe when it was in bits a couple more horses strayed in :D 

Does any one know when the timeing belt should get changed? Skoda suggest 4 years the service book suggest every 150,000 km. Can any one shed any light?

​Ive got the 2 liter tdi on the bkd engine.

Im not sure fatbloke. Think a call to the dealership in northampton tomorrow might be on the cards. I know the car has had a belt change as its showing on the service history booklet!

Im not sure fatbloke. Think a call to the dealership in northampton tomorrow might be on the cards. I know the car has had a belt change as its showing on the service history booklet!

This is my cars third one, obviously not in my ownership