It's coming

Paul007

Was that 'winter'? 

Depends who won the coin toss...

Heads: "Ha ha, told you so, nothing to worry about. You lose - Too bad, so sad".

Tails: "Winter is comin'... One day, in the next month or so, it'll suddenly turn -7ºC and you'll be two foot under, while the White Walkers come over The Wall...".

Snow here this morning and high winds - nothing major though...

Other than for our rabbit whose 6ft x 4ft x 2ft double hutch was blown over with him in it...   poor little bugger!  It's now tied down again but I think he's a bit wary all the same.

Snow here this morning and high winds - nothing major though...

Other than for our rabbit whose 6ft x 4ft x 2ft double hutch was blown over with him in it...   poor little bugger!  It's now tied down again but I think he's a bit wary all the same.

Put him in a large pot with carrots and potatoes, that will warm him up 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Thundersnow"

What could it be? I can garner no clue from the name, truly I cannot fathom what this meteorological phenomenon could be!

I do hope the BBC will explain it to me EVERY FECKIN weather prediction.

Have you heard of Thundercats?

Yeah. It's not like that.

• Like 1

Put him in a large pot with carrots and potatoes, that will warm him up 

That did vaguely cross my mind had I found him squished...   but I'm not sure the kids would have gone for it!

• Like 1

Another fuss about nothing for the majority of the UK.

(as per quote on TV) snow causes problems in the home counties/London, then it's a problem. Anything north of Watford gap and it's an inconvenience.

• 11 months later...

3seperate weather warnings in place here today -

Storm force winds

Snow/ice

Heavy rain / flooding

Im currently sitting in my car, waiting for a site walkout meeting at 1030, looking out at a sleet/rain downpour.. dont want to get out of the car!

15 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

'Thunder Snow' forecast for some areas again.

Bring on those explanations.....

Thundersnow is basically as the name suggests - a thunderstorm, but with snow instead of rain....

• Thanks 1

Thanks, every day a school day.

I have been in conditions where there was Thunder Snow, there is a picture in this thread.

Thunder Snow & Lightening.

As to Thunder & lightening, seen that as well, heard it and seen it where there was no rain in the area or even near.

Edited by AwaoffSki

As I type it's absolutely gorgeous here, blue skies but a very chilling wind. Should have gone out as planned but looking at the forecast last night we decided, no.

Apparently just a few miles North of us roads are blocked or very near to around the Buxton area, our destination today.

5 hours ago, MickA said:

As I type it's absolutely gorgeous here, blue skies but a very chilling wind. Should have gone out as planned but looking at the forecast last night we decided, no.

Apparently just a few miles North of us roads are blocked or very near to around the Buxton area, our destination today.

Yep - was a fair bit of proper snow and heavy hail this morning where I am on the S Yorkshire / Derbyshire border...  will find out what it's like now when I leave work and head home but expecting more tonight by all accounts.

2 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Yep - was a fair bit of proper snow and heavy hail this morning where I am on the S Yorkshire / Derbyshire border...  will find out what it's like now when I leave work and head home but expecting more tonight by all accounts.

Snake pass, Cat & Fiddle is a favorite to get blocked first. I was only heading up towards Chesterfield, well midway between there and Sheffield then over to Buxton. It can wait, I'll go later in the week if clear.

We now have rain here, on the whole been a nice day but I've been a couch potato today.

snow here this morning - all predicted but the usual chaos on the roads.  Took me an hour to get 1.2 miles this morning due to gridlock so gave up and went home to work from home and have a cuppa...