Kodiaq Owners Register

BoxerBoy

20 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Need to put my roof racks on but the snow coverage of Turoa is still rubbish @snala!

Day 5 for us so far this year zac. Lucky all last week, 7 days bluebird in a row.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snala said:

Reverse angle shyVRS245  😉 

20200524_133436 Remarks.jpg

Stunning pics of a great car in a beautiful country.

Looks like NZ has the maximum number of RS owners here on the forum.  Skoda does have a soft corner for NZ in my view :) . I checked out the NZ site, and the RS comes fully speced except for pano roof & towbar for 72K NZ$ which is almost 10K CHF cheaper than Switzerland 🤑. And at that price, the swiss/Euro models need to further upgrade to Colombus, 3rd zone clim control, sleep pack , child pack, park assist etc.  So the actual difference could be around  > 15K CHF.

Enjoy you lucky New Zealenders ..😎

• Thanks 1

When the slightly revised Vrs Kodiaq arrives in the UK it will be increased to over £46,000 basic price and may well end up being the first Skoda to break the £50,000 barrier eventually. Me I'm quite happy with my £24,000 nine month old Superb Sportline Plus with standard electric tailgate and Columbus.

12 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

When the slightly revised Vrs Kodiaq arrives in the UK it will be increased to over £46,000 basic price and may well end up being the first Skoda to break the £50,000 barrier eventually. Me I'm quite happy with my £24,000 nine month old Superb Sportline Plus with standard electric tailgate and Columbus.

Good for you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

New Kodiaq owner reporting for duty!

On Monday I took delivery of a shiny new Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSI in beautiful Petrol Blue (although I do still miss the Race Blue I had on the Octavia I have just got rid of. I love that colour but wanted a change this time). No extras to speak of as it was one of the very last 2.0 TSI Editions to enter the country a few weeks ago I believe. Stock will be running pretty low at the dealerships, especially as I don't think they made/sold many of them with the bigger engine.

I gave the car a proper wash today and had to open the rear doors to be able to reach the middle of that high level roof. That is a first for me!

I'm away next week and will aim to get a nice photo to accompany this intro. I'm looking forward to getting the car out onto the twisty roads of Northumberland.

Hi Guys, Owner of a 1.5tsi Kodiaq for a year now. Here in Holland is the 1.5 engine popular due to tax reasons and I must say, the car needs more than 150BHP. Probably will tune it to 190BHP soon. Apart from that I've done 35000km now and every day it a feast to drive. Besides leather seets pretty much every option that was available, will post pictures later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OllieHDK said:

Hi Guys, Owner of a 1.5tsi Kodiaq for a year now. Here in Holland is the 1.5 engine popular due to tax reasons and I must say, the car needs more than 150BHP. Probably will tune it to 190BHP soon. Apart from that I've done 35000km now and every day it a feast to drive. Besides leather seets pretty much every option that was available, will post pictures later.

How preposterous to say that on this forum - 150PS is more than enough, excessive even!!!

Hello, new to the Škoda family, first family oriented car, absolutely love it, not sure how it differs in UK from here in Australia but yeah all the bells and whistles except the Panoramic roof, bought used with 28,700kms on the dial, 4x4 140kw diesel Sports Line.

already have vcds dongle ready to turn on a few things as i am sure Škoda didn't give me all the bells and whistles this car offers.

upgrade wise i am thinking bout the digital cluster upgrade but need to see a little more into it (i am not new to vag retrofitting from my previous VAG cars)

thanks and hello from Sydney

cheers

Alen

977E9A40-BC93-48F7-8F89-91A35163CDC8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 06/08/2020 at 22:56, spinnaker said:

New Kodiaq owner reporting for duty!

On Monday I took delivery of a shiny new Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSI in beautiful Petrol Blue (although I do still miss the Race Blue I had on the Octavia I have just got rid of. I love that colour but wanted a change this time). No extras to speak of as it was one of the very last 2.0 TSI Editions to enter the country a few weeks ago I believe. Stock will be running pretty low at the dealerships, especially as I don't think they made/sold many of them with the bigger engine.

I gave the car a proper wash today and had to open the rear doors to be able to reach the middle of that high level roof. That is a first for me!

I'm away next week and will aim to get a nice photo to accompany this intro. I'm looking forward to getting the car out onto the twisty roads of Northumberland.

Adding a couple of quick photos taken while away last week. Loving the car so far. Such a well rounded package.

Petrol Blue is a great colour. It looks quite different in different lights.

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Edited by spinnaker
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Think the Edition alloys suit the Kodiaq the best IMHO. Not keen on the Sirius as they remind me of my old Mk2 Superb which were a a pain to clean.

Tend to agree with you there...   The Edition do look good and the Sirius could be a bit difficult to keep clean (like the BBS copy cross spokes I had on an old Mitsubishi I had years ago)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skomaz said:

Tend to agree with you there...   The Edition do look good and the Sirius could be a bit difficult to keep clean (like the BBS copy cross spokes I had on an old Mitsubishi I had years ago)

When we retire in a few years time and don't do the miles that we do now I think the 2.0 litre petrol 190PS Kodiaq Edition will be the only car in the drive to cover all the bases we will need. Holidays and visiting friends and family.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Millencolin said:

Hello, new to the Škoda family, first family oriented car, absolutely love it, not sure how it differs in UK from here in Australia but yeah all the bells and whistles except the Panoramic roof, bought used with 28,700kms on the dial, 4x4 140kw diesel Sports Line.

already have vcds dongle ready to turn on a few things as i am sure Škoda didn't give me all the bells and whistles this car offers.

upgrade wise i am thinking bout the digital cluster upgrade but need to see a little more into it (i am not new to vag retrofitting from my previous VAG cars)

thanks and hello from Sydney

cheers

Alen

977E9A40-BC93-48F7-8F89-91A35163CDC8.jpeg

Great to hear from another recent Skoda Kodiaq owner in AUS, Alen. I bought a new 2.0 TSI Petrol just over 2 years ago with all whistles and bells, and still loving it (both around town in Briz, and long road trips e.g. 2000km north Qld late last year before this crap pandemic locked us down, and more recently family road trip to the rainforest mountain holiday retreat at O'Reilly's on the Lamington Plateau, utilising all 7 seats - grandkids in the 3rd row.)

I was interested in your comment "already have vcds dongle ready to turn on a few things as i am sure Škoda didn't give me all the bells and whistles this car offers."

I've seen these dongles advertised on international market sites, but have yet not found how one purchases them in AUS. Any suggestions are welcome. Enjoy your new Skoda. Great vehicle 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my ex-demonstrator (Dec '99 5000-mile) Scout TDi 190 DSG from the dealership yesterday.

A highly technical question - should it come with two umbrellas? I only have one.

9 hours ago, Nimby said:

Picked up my ex-demonstrator (Dec '99 5000-mile) Scout TDi 190 DSG from the dealership yesterday.

A highly technical question - should it come with two umbrellas? I only have one.

only one umbrella these days.   Cost cutting.

On 28/08/2020 at 22:36, GrowlingDog said:

only one umbrella these days.   Cost cutting.

Is it considered good form to nick what's missing from your old car when p/exing?  What else is no longer there that would have come with my 68 plate Edition?

15 hours ago, ncpierce said:

Is it considered good form to nick what's missing from your old car when p/exing?  What else is no longer there that would have come with my 68 plate Edition?

A lot depends on whether the P/ex is going off to auction or into dealers stock, plus the attitude of the sales person.

We are replacing one of our Kodiaq’s with a new one and the dealer has promised an additional umbrella.

You’ll also find that the net in the passenger front footwell has gone and the lights on the doors edges when you open them have now become reflectors. 

15 hours ago, ncpierce said:

My Dec'19 Scout doesn't have the auto door protectors. Dealer said they are now part of the "Family Pack" option.  Though reading the forums maybe that's a good thing.

It does have a spare wheel rather than a can of foam, which surprised me for an ex-demonstrator.