Exhaust on 220 tsi

4 hours ago, MartiniB said:

@JackySi

have you open that link?
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/392652-exhausts/
there are huge count of solution's links and pictures from 70 to 800€

i chose stay in the midle 220+200€ (AMG tips+install)

I did check whole topic before I came to write to this one. These tips from Milotec felt plastic so I ignored them. I also didn't like idea of drilling into bumper.  Which tips did you install @MartinB? Got maybe a pic or two? Would love to check out.

I have 190 HP with the adblue yeah =(. Honestly I wouldn't mind single left exhaust tip, but problem is that there is no bumper spoiler with one hole.

P.S.: Sorry Martin just noticed you posted pics on that topic as well. I wasn't paying attention to nicknames before. Your solution looks awesome! So you just cut holes into lower bumper?

Edited by JackySi

6 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

That really looks amazing. Did you cut holes your self on the bumper spoiler? I can't imagine how it would look like to get something with dual "tips" like: 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPORT-DUAL-TWIN-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-PIPE-TAIL-TIP-CHROME-AUDI-A4-A7-100-A3-A6-A5-A2-/151853747450?hash=item235b304cfa:g:pmsAAOSwA4dWJOIa

I don't even know how much space does Superb have and the diameter of the exhaust pipe. Also since now its downwards it would have to be cut and re-welded? 
Not sure if you read before, but I'm very new to these things. So I'm just using my logic here. I think this is way more preferred solution than fake thing from Milotec

On 9/12/2017 at 08:27, JackySi said:

Saw that some where yeah! But as you mentioned, they took them off. Maybe plastic was bad no idea.

they're back on the Superskoda website - 260 euros.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-original-Skoda-rear-bumper-diffusor-SPORT-LINE-full-set-assambled

s3-dif-sportline.jpg

9 hours ago, JR RS said:

That's cool! Thanks for sharing! 
I got offer from Local Exhaust expert to do modification of bumper + exhaust for 80€. Including two sport chrome tips. I'm not sure 260€ is worth it. That's really expensive for only a bumper spoiler is it not?

14 hours ago, JackySi said:

I got offer from Local Exhaust expert to do modification of bumper + exhaust for 80€. Including two sport chrome tips. I'm not sure 260€ is worth it. That's really expensive for only a bumper spoiler is it not?

way too expensive bits of chrome!!

if it added 10-15 kW to the car's performance, sure.

cool - keep us posted on ur exhaust modification.  hope it turns out as u expect it too :)

• 8 months later...

I've got a 220 and was unhappy with the curved diesel-like exhaust tips so I spent ages looking at a relatively cheap way to do a (hopefully) quality job.  I lowered the rear silencer hangers by about 25 mm using washers and longer bolts, then used a 102 mm hole saw on the original rear grey plastic valance/splitter to make cutouts.  I managed to find some polished 304 stainless steel tips with strong clamps that are the perfect length (beware chromed aluminium or steel as they will corrode in no time). The existing stainless steel curved tips are 56 mm outside diameter so  needed to be cut off at about 35 mm from the silencer.  Unfortunately the new tips are 61 mm bore so I had to use some steei shimming inside so they don't slip off.  I also used a thick self-tapping screw on each tip so they are completely solid.  I'm happy with the result, although the tips still point down a bit so they're not perfect.  There is no easy way to get them completely horizontal without cutting out too much of the plastic. Ground clearance isn't an issue. I polished the existing stainless steel silencers.  There is minimal sound increase.

Total cost less than £46.

http://www.ryanstarracing.com/10-3-Stainless-Steel-Car-Exhaust-Muffler-Tip-Pipe-2-5-Inlet-3-Outlet-TP055-p11335.html

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-3inch-Stainless-Steel-Car-Exhaust-Muffler-Tip-Pipe-2-5-Inlet-3-Outlet/272838886744?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Rear 1.jpg

Rear 2.jpg

tip.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks but I thought the tips looked a little too long (SWMBO called them baked bean cans) so I shortened them by about 1 inch/25 mm at the weekend to make them less obtrusive. Being stainless steel, I don't have to worry about rusting.  I'm happy with the look now!

rear.jpg

side.jpg

tip.jpg

I really don't understand this fashion for having the exhausts decorated especially with the fixation about emissions.

The human equivalent doesn't bear thinking about! :(

Edited by 100andthirty
sloppy drafting

2 hours ago, Rizmod said:

Thanks but I thought the tips looked a little too long (SWMBO called them baked bean cans) so I shortened them by about 1 inch/25 mm at the weekend to make them less obtrusive. Being stainless steel, I don't have to worry about rusting.  I'm happy with the look now!

rear.jpg

720_7736.JPG

7 hours ago, Rizmod said:

tip.jpg

will it b an issue, heat wise, for the exhaust tip being in contact with the plastic of the rear diffusor?

otherwise looks good :)

There's actually a 7 mm gap all the way round but it looks less in the close-up due to the camera flash shortening the shadow. I put reflective aluminium tape on the inside of the plastic where it can't be seen in case of this but there have been no issues.

1 hour ago, Rizmod said:

a 7 mm gap all the way round

looks too small,

dealer told me there were problems with plastic bumper parts on Octavias

which became damaged by hot exhaust(oiginal)

and if that part will became damaged by installed AMG Exausts by me they won't respond

no problems during first 15 months :)

On 3/23/2017 at 11:15, MartiniB said:

celebrating the anniversary of the topic i solemnly declare, it is done :)

ordered AMG style Tips(seller confirmed in e-mail, they don't have AMG logo, but they have)
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01ER10LCO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ALZUNTZPEN3IN

[img=http://www.superfm.lv/m/Auto/Superb_2016/170323_Exhausts_Tips_00.png]

little bit worried about service man(https://www.facebook.com/www.13lucky.lv/)

decided install them directly on exhausts instead on rear bumper,
cause these are made from twice thicker metal cause designed as non contact tips in original.

170323_Exhausts_Tips_01.png

170323_Exhausts_Tips_02.png

170323_Exhausts_Tips_03.png

170323_Exhausts_Tips_04.png

170323_Exhausts_Tips_05.png

• Like 1

looks very good. I would like them even better without AMG logo... but thats just my opinion. ;)

ps: I can confirm the problems with plastic bumper parts on Octavias. I had VRS TDI and on left side, where the real exhaust was... the plastic was damaged.

Edited by U241170

I spent about 500 quid in total messing about with my 220s exhausts to try and make them look better. Now I have returned to factory system but with the sportline diffuser, I think that looks best especially with the modern style of hidden exhausts like with the new A6 etc.

Also it makes the car more of a sleeper - it's funny on a cold day I notice the person behind at traffic lights looking in surprise at the exhaust steam coming from both sides, like an old Jag lol...

Edited by drewellis

3 hours ago, drewellis said:

I spent about 500 quid in total messing about with my 220s exhausts to try and make them look better. Now I have returned to factory system but with the sportline diffuser, I think that looks best especially with the modern style of hidden exhausts like with the new A6 etc.

Also it makes the car more of a sleeper - it's funny on a cold day I notice the person behind at traffic lights looking in surprise at the exhaust steam coming from both sides, like an old Jag lol...

i agree the Sportline diffusor suits the Superb the best.

its interesting though - non Sportline Superbs, excluding the 280, comes with Chrome bits, but no chrome on the diffusor. 

whereas Sportline Superbs comes with the the Chrome bits blacked out, but the diffusor has Chrome bits!

bit of a mismatch if u ask me.

hence a non-Sportline looks good with the Sportline Diffusor :)

• Like 1

On 12/06/2018 at 08:18, Rizmod said:

There's actually a 7 mm gap all the way round but it looks less in the close-up due to the camera flash shortening the shadow. I put reflective aluminium tape on the inside of the plastic where it can't be seen in case of this but there have been no issues.

Looks great, good job :), but have you ever seen how much an exhaust moves around when driving? Can't see this small a gap being a long-term solution, something's going to give.

Here's a stock Mk2 Octavia as an example, with even half of that movement your exhaust will be constantly hitting the bumper cutout, never mind the heat damage.

All I can say is that since I made the change I have had no rattles while revving hard or driving, with no knocking anywhere on the exhaust system.  I live in the countryside so go round plenty of bends and over very poor quality roads for my daily commute.  Yesterday, I did 120 miles on the motorway and checked as soon as I stopped.  Zero issues. The plastic around the exhaust tips only gets warm, with no sign of damage.  It's possible that the 034 DSG dogbone mount I fitted is preventing excessive movement of the engine/gearbox.  7mm clearance around the tips seems to be sufficient. If that proves not to be the case, the grey polypropylene skirt is really easy to  cut and file to increase the clearance. Time will tell.

On 08/06/2018 at 19:33, Rizmod said:

I've got a 220 and was unhappy with the curved diesel-like exhaust tips so I spent ages looking at a relatively cheap way to do a (hopefully) quality job.  I lowered the rear silencer hangers by about 25 mm using washers and longer bolts, then used a 102 mm hole saw on the original rear grey plastic valance/splitter to make cutouts.  I managed to find some polished 304 stainless steel tips with strong clamps that are the perfect length (beware chromed aluminium or steel as they will corrode in no time). The existing stainless steel curved tips are 56 mm outside diameter so  needed to be cut off at about 35 mm from the silencer.  Unfortunately the new tips are 61 mm bore so I had to use some steei shimming inside so they don't slip off.  I also used a thick self-tapping screw on each tip so they are completely solid.  I'm happy with the result, although the tips still point down a bit so they're not perfect.  There is no easy way to get them completely horizontal without cutting out too much of the plastic. Ground clearance isn't an issue. I polished the existing stainless steel silencers.  There is minimal sound increase.

Total cost less than £46.

http://www.ryanstarracing.com/10-3-Stainless-Steel-Car-Exhaust-Muffler-Tip-Pipe-2-5-Inlet-3-Outlet-TP055-p11335.html

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-3inch-Stainless-Steel-Car-Exhaust-Muffler-Tip-Pipe-2-5-Inlet-3-Outlet/272838886744?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Rear 1.jpg

Rear 2.jpg

On 11/06/2018 at 19:19, Rizmod said:

rear.jpg

side.jpg

tip.jpg

I absolutely love the look of this I plan on having same exhaust tips on mine.