2018 Yeti - spied. So this is what it'll really look like.

zuulan

Hmm,

Looks a lot bigger to me.  

In the future I was thinking of a Yeti for my next car as I need a one that copes well with tall drivers/ passengers  (myself and my son) but need it to be "compact".

Mrs BJ isn't as keen to drive my current Superb II due to it's size - although it's heaven for me!

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

Hey John, I think a Yeti would be perfect for you.  I'm 6'4" and love the space around me.  A lot more personal space than the Audi A4 Allroad I was going to buy a couple of years ago. I have no regrets.

• Like 1

Just over 6'5'', wife 5'11', she is not a confident driver, but loves the Yeti with dsg, hence ordering another 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 00:39, PaveyArk said:

Hey John, I think a Yeti would be perfect for you.  I'm 6'4" and love the space around me.  A lot more personal space than the Audi A4 Allroad I was going to buy a couple of years ago. I have no regrets.

I wonder, given the shape, whether the new one will have as much room?

In that photo it looks as though the doors have been staved in! Or is it a Renault? :)

The lower picture looks like a cut and paste job using an image taken when the car was going around a sharp right hand bend.

Why else would it be so down on the left hand side when the background shows a straight and flat road?

Anyway..... The style could be any manufacturer's small SUV. There is nothing to distinguish it as a Yeti. It's lost the Yeti appeal IMHO.

If the Yeti replacement is just a mini-me Kodiak there really is no need for just the leaked pics or images given to the media as a tease until a reveal at a Motor Show.

If it is a scaled down Kodiak then the name Yeti should be allowed to die with the Iconic Design, and not be used as in Yeti Mk2. IMO.

It could be a better looking car than a Kodiaq and really deserves a name of it's own.

(Bottom image 'Vision-S' just not something that suits the Skoda / VW Corporate design so they have not built that,

but some other manufacturer could do, Dacia maybe.)

all-new-2018-skoda-yeti-will-look-like-the-kodiaq-111826_1.jpg

skoda-yeti-engines-1.jpg

skoda_visions_005.jpg

Edited by Awayoffski

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

....If it is a scaled down Kodiak then the name Yeti should be allowed to die with the Iconic Design, and not be used as in Yeti Mk2. IMO....

...And so say all of us!   (Alright, alright!! - *some* of us.) 

Edited by Brijo
  • Like 1

the new one, if the panels are the same as the ateca it is lower than the yeti and is only 2.6 inches longer at front.............the back and each side so not that much larger than the mk1

Really there is just a Yeti until there is a 2nd version, so maybe not a MK2, 

You get a Land Rover and when they replace it gets called a Series 1, Series 2 etc, but clearly it looks like a Land Rover.

Same with a Fabia, it becomes the Fabia Mk1 and the Mk2 has a similar but modernised (marmite) look.

There is a Yeti & Face Lift Yeti, you can not truthfully call the Images above if the Yeti Replacement looks like that as being even a 'Tribute to the original'. 

At least with a MINI BMW had the look with a squint and a glass eye of a Mini.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

I believe that in reality cars are subject to fashion just like every other consumable item these days.  The reason that most SUVs look similar is because that particular look is in fashion and the majority buy them.  In addition, I bet that most of us can think of later models of various makers' cars that look significantly different to the original version.  All designs move on for a variety of reasons, fashion not being the least of them. 

I think it's fair to say that most people posting on here are not particularly impressed by the new shape Yeti (if in fact it is to be as illustrated recently), however vehicle manufacturers spend millions on market research and it is highly unlikely that they would produce a car aimed at the mass market that wasn't going to sell because of its looks.  They are aiming at the majority and not those who relish "quirkiness" as there are simply not enough of them to support such an offer in the mass car market.

As has been frequently said here and elsewhere "all cars look the same" and I believe that is because, currently, it is what the majority of car buyers want.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, x19 said:

I believe that in reality cars are subject to fashion just like every other consumable item these days.  The reason that most SUVs look similar is because that particular look is in fashion and the majority buy them.  In addition, I bet that most of us can think of later models of various makers' cars that look significantly different to the original version.  All designs move on for a variety of reasons, fashion not being the least of them. 

I think it's fair to say that most people posting on here are not particularly impressed by the new shape Yeti (if in fact it is to be as illustrated recently), however vehicle manufacturers spend millions on market research and it is highly unlikely that they would produce a car aimed at the mass market that wasn't going to sell because of its looks.  They are aiming at the majority and not those who relish "quirkiness" as there are simply not enough of them to support such an offer in the mass car market.

As has been frequently said here and elsewhere "all cars look the same" and I believe that is because, currently, it is what the majority of car buyers want.

At the time of the Yeti introduction there weren't many SUVs, and Skoda was quite happy to provide multi purpose vehicles that were compact but could easily take a box the size of a washing machine.

It started with roomster, and yeti followed, in some ways the yeti was a jacked up roomster, with mix of roomster rear seating ideas and Octavia dashboard.  It was very boxy, so plenty of space inside for its size.

Time has moved on and both these oddball shapes seem to have fallen out of mainstream fashion (along with mpv from multiple manufacturers), to be replaced by jacked up car lookalike.  Quirky shapes don't seem to pass the production run economics test anymore.

Now we seem to have an Altea clone, not really surprising as the production lines now make both models and having 80%+ as common components makes sense.  

Guest FurryFriend

Yet another of those dreadfully, tediously boringly designed SUVs floodng the market.

Long live the original Yeti!

Says it all for me. 

On 11/03/2017 at 14:45, SurreyJohn said:

Now we seem to have an Altea clone, not really surprising as the production lines now make both models and having 80%+ as common components makes sense.  

I assume you mean the Seat Ateca.  The Altea was an MPV and thankfully the new Yeti isn't based on that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...