Help on choosing Octavia vrs which engine??

malibu200786

Hello I currently have a 2003 superb 1.9tdi in the same colour has the baker superb which used to be on this forum . 

I am now thinking of buying a Octavia vrs instead ,

I know I will get way less leg room in the back I do have 3 kids but think I want something different .

If was to buy a say 2006 / 2007 Octavia vrs which engine should I go for and which should I stay away from ?

The one I'm going looking at tomorrow is a 2.0tsi petrol with 106000 miles on clock 2006 model . 

Would I drastically notice the fuel consumption difference going from my 1.9tdi to a 2.0 petrol? 

Thanks wait for some replies before I go on with myself lol

ive never driven a petrol vrs but i do own a diesel one but its the later cr version.

while its not slow its hardly worthy of a vrs badge.

its a reasonably brisk family car that someone stuck a spoiler on.

that said it does the job its designed for very well and its my first skoda and id buy another without question.

i average over 50mpg and mines a dsg so id imagine you would notice the mpg drop but it depends on our mileage.

Edited by tubbytommy