Rear bumper protection

Can anybody recommend a rear bumper protector to save the top of the bumper from scratches when loading the boot. I'd prefer a shiny stainless steel one if possible.

Ordered a nice shiny stainless steel one from SuperSkoda. They've supposedly got loads in stock so I hope to get it sooner rather than later.

Got one from superskoda for our L&K , good bit of kit & after 12 months of use has a few minor dents & scratches...............

did notice the price has gone up though.

Edited by david 1220

• 5 weeks later...

After all the doom and gloom in some of the posts regarding delivery times from Superskoda, I ordered the polished stainless V3 bumper protector on Sunday. I ordered early to be sure it would be here soon enough (my black Superb III Combi should be delivered about week 32). 

But Monday (week 23) I received an e-mail saying that it has already shipped! Fast service from Superskoda. It should be here latest week 25 (after going through customs etc.) and will give an update when it arrives. 

I ordered my bumper protector on a Monday (with other stuff) and received on the Thursday.  

Still have not fitted it though.  I think I will wait until I scratched the paint. :)

I have used them a couple of times, great service.

Got my bumper protector from SuperSkoda the wednesday after ordering it and fitted it the following weekend. Fitted perfectly and looks great. It's a shame they're not fitted as standard really.

28 minutes ago, Albourneboy said:

Got my bumper protector from SuperSkoda the wednesday after ordering it and fitted it the following weekend. Fitted perfectly and looks great.

That's great news! I'm looking forward to receiving my Combi Style 220PS to fit it to! :D

ATB Rob

Black plastic from Rearguards.  Fits well, looks good, feels tough and blends in as the car is black.  Blends well the plastic strip housing the rear parking sensors and other rear plastic as well.  Not overly expensive and happy with it.

Sorry to hijack this, I've had a search but can't find anything.

Looking for pictures of a chrome or stainless steel rear bumper protection on a red Superb. Want to see what it looks like against the paint.

4 hours ago, Lol6 said:

Black plastic from Rearguards.  Fits well, looks good, feels tough and blends in as the car is black.  Blends well the plastic strip housing the rear parking sensors and other rear plastic as well.  Not overly expensive and happy with it.

Lol6 do you have any pics?

Need one for a Black Magic L&K Estate I have on order.

Do you ever rest anything on the protector or sit on it? Need to get wheelchair/mobility scooter into the boot regularly.

@knfruitbat

I will do you a couple of photos but not being very computer literate have no idea how to get them onto the forum.  If you pm me your email address I will send them to you.

Just like any other plastic it will scratch but no problem resting non sharp stuff on it.  A vinyl coating will help protect it and keep it clean.  I use G-Techniq C2V3 on it.  Brilliant stuff for the whole car, (other than windows with wipers.)

• Like 1

Hi Coops. Here is the photo of the Super Skoda s/less steel protector. You can see the reflection in the paint. Slightly chuffed as  I set myself the challenge of doing the whole thing....photo, erase number plate and post from my phone for the first time. 

20170608_075646.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/6/2017 at 09:16, SwissRob said:

But Monday (week 23) I received an e-mail saying that it has already shipped! Fast service from Superskoda. It should be here latest week 25 (after going through customs etc.) and will give an update when it arrives. 

They tried to deliver it Friday but I wasn't home, only 5 days after ordering. Sent from Czech Republic ('Czechia') on Monday and collected Saturday from the post office in rural Switzerland. 
I just need the Black Magic 220PS "Style" Estate with all the goodies now to mount it on :tongueout:...

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 13:57, Lol6 said:

@knfruitbat

I will do you a couple of photos but not being very computer literate have no idea how to get them onto the forum.  If you pm me your email address I will send them to you.

Just like any other plastic it will scratch but no problem resting non sharp stuff on it.  A vinyl coating will help protect it and keep it clean.  I use G-Techniq C2V3 on it.  Brilliant stuff for the whole car, (other than windows with wipers.)

Thanks for that, as you said, doesn't look out of place whatsoever. A very good match for the trim with the sensors.

Fitted ny amazon special bumper protector today. It's a carbon effect foil and cost a grand total of £11.30. Quite pleased with how it looks and think it fits in with the sportline style with the black grill, roof bars, etc. 

Took on a bit of time to fit but went on not too bad. Make sure the bumper area is spotlessly clean, wash, clay bar, solvent cleaner and buff dry. 

Wet the area where it is to be applied with a soapy solution and wet the sticky side of the foil. Put into position and sqeedgy out the excess moisture. Then take a hairdryer to it until it is sticking in place. 

Time will tell if it stays in place and continues to keep its looks but for £11.30 I'm willing to take the gamble. 

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

• Like 2

Hiya Everyone,

Just one quick question,.....Defo need one of these to go with the HatchBag I have just ordered (https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/skoda-superb-estate-2015-onwards)....I had one of these BootLiners in my old S2 and they are fantastic, but even with the bumper cover you will still get small abrasions from if like me two jumpy dogs are in and out of it regularly.

I see no problem in putting them on but what about taken them off ??..

The foil type as shown by Dubzter is basically a uber large mobile phone Skin and we know these come off with easy and leave no residue, however I fear that fitting a solid metal/pastic one with 3M tape (or the equivalent) will cause havoc with the paint work when removed...

Maybe just me being overly cautious but as I am a planning to keep the new family bus for years to come so I would probably be replacing it every so often as they will get scuffed and marked like anything else.... :) 

• 1 year later...
On 06/06/2017 at 08:16, SwissRob said:

After all the doom and gloom in some of the posts regarding delivery times from Superskoda, I ordered the polished stainless V3 bumper protector on Sunday. I ordered early to be sure it would be here soon enough (my black Superb III Combi should be delivered about week 32). 

Well you were the exception not the rule SwissRob. I ordered a Matt Alu look one from them 3 weeks ago with supposedly over a 1000 in stock. Got an email to say despatched. When I checked with them yesterday  guess what - out of stock and don't know when they will get them back. Had my money for 3 weeks!

Wont be buying from them again and got my money back. Buyers beware!

Hi ChipUK

I am sorry to hear what has happened. In the light of your experience, your decision is understandable. 

I truly didn't have ANY problems at all and I ordered A LOT from them - bright LED lights for the boot door, interior carpets, the stainless bumper protector, the loadspace protector/carpet (extends the whole load bay length and opens to reveal a dirt and moisture resistant surface for carrying rough objects, load nets (very useful) and perhaps more that my memory hasn't retained. 

I hope you find another source to satisfy your need. 

All the best, Rob