vRS245 ordered club

8 hours ago, michaelg17 said:

Quick question for those buying their VRS on PCP. My finance paperwork came through for review and monthly payment (over 40 months, w/ £1K deposit, 10K miles/year) is about £536/month which seems a lot higher than I've seen other people mention.

For those with lower monthly payments, would you mind sharing some details on your set-up (deposit, term of contract, etc)?

This cant be right, £536 a month. Whats the GMFV?

10 minutes ago, un1eash said:

This cant be right, £536 a month. Whats the GMFV?

Been talking to him about it, £11000 after 42 months which seems low to me for a very nicely specced 245 DSG??

Edited by Muzza80

14 hours ago, 1BODGER said:

Think you've just got to hang on in there mate, 

I was originally quoted March then it went out to may/ June and then came back to  Feb. For no reason I could see. Fingers crossed you won't have to  wait that long .

14 hours ago, 1BODGER said:

Think you've just got to hang on in there mate, 

I was originally quoted March then it went out to may/ June and then came back to  Feb. For no reason I could see. Fingers crossed you won't have to  wait that long .

I know mate, every time I am promised an update from my dealer I hope for good news but so far nothing changes.  I am impatient so from time to time go on live chat, but they just confirm what my dealer tells me!

17 hours ago, michaelg17 said:

Has anyone else sold to webuyanycar.com? How does what they offer compare with what they quote online? They offered £8,120 online vs £6900 at the Skoda dealership.

I found Tootle.com a better bet than WBAC

9 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Been talking to him about it, £11000 after 42 months which seems low to me for a very nicely specced 245 DSG??

Spec makes no difference to GMFV unless I'm much mistaken.

7 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

But no where near the price of the option  :shake:

A fully loaded car and a standard at GMFV will almost be the same I would think. £200/£250 differance perhaps

This exactly. Options help with desirability and potential saleability but not value. Options are personal. Hence you have to cover the monthly cost of them on a lease.

8 minutes ago, un1eash said:

Not sure with the 245, but for example an Auto M140i adds £500 which is a £1300 option to the gmfv.

I'm referring to PCP here as there is no gmfv as such with PCH.

A Standard car with Auto/DSG box and a standard manual will be slightly different in the GMFV because the DSG cost more to buy kin the first place, but if the DSG car was fully loaded and the manual was standard the GMFV would be almost the same,  Options are virtually worthless at trade in.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

2 hours ago, un1eash said:

Some options will increase GMFV. 

No options will increase the GMFV, talk of the DSG is just confusing as its not an option bit, a different model, check the configurator, you'll see.

GMFV follow very closely the Glasses Guide trade car values which are merely, a percentage depreciation per month from the base price when new. A slight increase or decrease for mileage & condition but, no optional extras ever affect those prices.

3 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

No options will increase the GMFV, talk of the DSG is just confusing as its not an option bit, a different model, check the configurator, you'll see.

GMFV follow very closely the Glasses Guide trade car values which are merely, a percentage depreciation per month from the base price when new. A slight increase or decrease for mileage & condition but, no optional extras ever affect those prices.

Must be different for BMW then as some options do increase the GMFV for PCP. 

You can't say a £30k car has the same GMFV as a £30k + £5k options is the rule. 

Edited by un1eash

More progress!!  

It's going to the Port of Tyne and I suspect it will be on either:

CITY OF SUNDERLAND    27/01/2018 00:00    Arrival    Emden    RORO 3 
CITY OF AMSTERDAM    28/01/2018 00:00    Arrival    Emden    RORO 3

Or if not we're well into the first week of Feburary for the next one.

Not long now! 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Muzza80

Regarding all this conversation about GMFV. Am I the only person that uses PCP to simply get the best deal, order the car I want, pay it off ASAP if possible and keep it? Everyone else (I mean everywhere - -not picking on you guys) just seems to want the latest car with newest reg on the front. I kept the Volvo that the Octavia is replacing for 9 years (after spending a while searching for the one I wanted) and I'm still amazed that Toyota contacted me after less than 2 years to try and sell me another GT86 even though I already had one! To change it at 3 years old or so is just sucking up the depreciation to pass a nice car to someone else surely?

Like I said, not getting at anyone, just interested in other peoples thoughts.

Edited by Robbijay
spelling

4 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

Regarding all this conversation about GMFV. Am I the only person that uses PCP to simply get the best deal, order the car I want, pay it off ASAP if possible and keep it? Everyone else (I mean everywhere - -not picking on you guys) just seems to want the latest car with newest reg on the front. I kept the Volvo that the Octavia is replacing for 9 years (after spending a while searching for the one I wanted) and I'm still amazed that Toyota contacted me after less than 2 years to try and sell me another GT86 even though I already had one! To change it at 3 years old or so is just sucking up the depreciation to pass a nice car to someone else surely?

Like I said, not getting at anyone, just interested in other peoples thoughts.

This is why I lease my daily runabout and by my toy car which is usually 5yrs old. 

No point buying a car when it's at its steepest depreciation wise as I don't tend to keep cars very long.

Also buying wisely on older cars you can make money. On my 911 turbo I made 50% in 18 months - but that as pure chance. Usually its a grand or ao., If you buy the right thing.

E92 coupes in manual will be the next riser - just off to collect mine now.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

This is why I lease my daily runabout and by my toy car which is usually 5yrs old. 

No point buying a car when it's at its steepest depreciation wise as I don't tend to keep cars very long.

Also buying wisely on older cars you can make money. On my 911 turbo I made 50% in 18 months - but that as pure chance. Usually its a grand or ao., If you buy the right thing.

E92 coupes in manual will be the next riser - just off to collect mine now.

yeah agree if you do big miles in the daily. My toy car is also my daily, but i keep them a long time and hope to keep it til I can afford a porsche!