vRS245 ordered club

1 hour ago, scottyc said:

Been quoted £383 to insure one of these! Nearly £100 cheaper than my 10 year old merc coupe.

Thats what I got mine insured for more or less. My previous passat estate was a 2014 2.0tdi exec bluemotion was just over 700. Bye bye Mr Tdi. Was nice knowing ya!!! 

Build dates aren't confirmed until a few weeks before so that is still liable to move in or out between now and then.

I'm not sure getting your car in mid May 7 months after you ordered is a particularly good outcome!

3 hours ago, scottyc said:

Been quoted £383 to insure one of these! Nearly £100 cheaper than my 10 year old merc coupe.

What mileage you been quoted and is your car held in a garage - looks a good deal.  Who’d you get it from?

What's with all the negativity on here?! 

I think I would be satisfied with that arrangement until the new one arrives. As you say Richard, it's making the best of the bad situation.

So is the Yeti a 4x4 version? I'd be finding a few muddy tracks if so 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reddazforever said:

What mileage you been quoted and is your car held in a garage - looks a good deal.  Who’d you get it from?

Im 23 and my 245 was £330 to insure with £250 excess and 12k miles. Insured to park on the road as apparently parking in my garage meant higher chance of it being nicked so they wanted an extra £200!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

8k miles, driveway, through Esure with £50 compulsory and £250 voluntary excess.

Axa is also £370 but £300 compulsory excess.

Been with admiral for 9 years but it looks like they wouldn't quote me for not being the registered keeper - anyone else experience this on a lease?

Just now, scottyc said:

8k miles, driveway, through Esure with £50 compulsory and £250 voluntary excess.

Axa is also £370 but £300 compulsory excess.

Been with admiral for 9 years but it looks like they wouldn't quote me for not being the registered keeper - anyone else experience this on a lease?

Mine was with admirial and was absolutely fine insuring me. I told them VWFS were registered keeper and they said thats fine

4 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Im 23 and my 245 was £330 to insure with £250 excess and 12k miles. Insured to park on the road as apparently parking in my garage meant higher chance of it being nicked so they wanted an extra £200!

That's absolutely mental for a 23 year old! Usually garage can be higher because more chance of scrapes or people reversing out into other cars.

I'll give admiral a ring, as I need to change my current policy anyway.

Just now, scottyc said:

That's absolutely mental for a 23 year old! Usually garage can be higher because more chance of scrapes or people reversing out into other cars.

I'll give admiral a ring, as I need to change my current policy anyway.

They have always been cheap for me. My 120D is like £450 to insure

On 24/01/2018 at 16:02, martysparty99 said:

I must live in the wrong part of the country Birmingham27. Is that with fully comp protected no claims windscreen cover courtesy car legal protection. 

I'm 55 10 years no claims

The wife on same age all the above mentioned and the cheapest quote I've had is £511 with LV. My present insurer Direct line want £585.

On a better note had a call from the dealer. 

Cars arriving tomorrow  he wants me to go in and finish off the paper work for the lease agreement

and appraise my px at the same time. Yip yip!!

I've had leased cars for the past 4 years with Admiral and there's been no issues with having the lease company as the registered owner, it didn't make a difference to the price either. Only thing that has changed with them is the policy holder is no longer covered to drive a third party vehicle. 

Guest garpat32
10 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Been a while since my last update, but to bring you all up to speed, I ordered my vrs245 (standard spec, pch, meteor grey) at the start of October and right up until this morning I didn't even have a build week. I know... totally mad, and no good reason given by Skoda CS. 

However, as well as a £500 voucher from Skoda CS, by way of apology, the dealer has taken my part ex today and given me a brand new car on loan until my order arrives.

OK, its not a Vrs (it's a 67 plate Yeti with 20 miles on it - see below) but it's still a nice new motor! 

Also... perhaps due to the added pressure of me now riding around in their motor, I was informed today that I finally have a confirmed build week 18 (so mid April). So in all, I'll be in the new Yeti for over three months! 

To be honest, I reckon between the voucher, the loan car and the fact my vrs will end up being on an '18 plate, I can put up with the delay. 

Always look for the bright side, I say! 

20180131_161709.jpg

Same order as me mate, Standard with Meteor Grey and on PCH. I ordered end of October and also no date as yet.

Current lease goes back in a month so hopefully they'll arrange me something similar to use until the VRS actually arrives.

They did also say the latest date it could be built was end of June!!

Ordered mine last week of October, unconfirmed build week has gone in the last 4 weeks from build week 20 to 23 and is now week 26. Dealer is speaking to vw finance about my existing lease to extend it, cover a service and waiver excess mileage. See what they come up with.

Im going the other route and saying i need to hand car back and see what skoda will offer in terms of courtesy car.

After all this is their failure to deliver that means im without a car - so they should compensate accordingly.  Plus thinking if im in a skoda car and its costing them, might get them to shake a leg and move my order - ie give it a frigging build week!

Edited by Ursicles

1 hour ago, Ursicles said:

Im going the other route and saying i need to hand car back and see what skoda will offer in terms of courtesy car.

After all this is their failure to deliver that means im without a car - so they should compensate accordingly.  Plus thinking if im in a skoda car and its costing them, might get them to shake a leg and move my order - ie give it a frigging build week!

Did I mention ive had mine 3 weeks?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reaperrsx said:

Ouch.   :D

mine has just got to the garage so organising when to pick up next week.  Need to sort insurance and gap now over the weekend.

Mine arrived up Liverpool so got em to low load it to Dudley. I know they went for a rag still!! I mean who wouldnt haha

£500 compo @Richard_vrs245, that's not bad at all.

I'd take one of the rather fetching looking Skoda Mountain bikes that was perched atop an Octavia Scout for my compo! haha.

Given you ordered at the start of October, I ordered at the end, I'll give it another couple weeks and chance my arm! :)