vRS245 ordered club

12 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Fingers crossed for a good deal for us both at the end of the lease!

Is it just me, or is the brochure confusing/conflicting over the front/rear parking sensors for the VRS245? One section says it has both, but the later on it says that only rear are included and front is an optional extra? From what other have posted, it seems that it comes with front and rear?

ps really need a distraction from this long wait!

Listers specifies that front and rear sensors are a no cost option so they should be included. When i specced mine they were included as an option at £0.00

Edited by matt9407

10 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Screenshot_20171024-210622.jpg

Yup, so which is it? If my attachment works!

1 minute ago, matt9407 said:

Listers specifies that front and rear sensors are a no cost option so they should be included. When i specced mine they were included as an option at £0.00

Thanks Matt, fingers crossed. 

77A687A2-955F-47FF-AFD9-18E78AB7835A.png

Mine has both front & rear parking sensors & as there has been no MY changes since May (order date) August (delivery date) its safe to so you are getting both.

1st time they set off the City Emergency Braking you'll poop yourself, very noisey ABS at slow parking speeds make you get out & check you didn't hit anything.

I too was confused about parking sensors, advised by dealership that rears are included front were not.

However every video iv seen, review ect shows front sensors aswel - Im under the impression that front and rear are included without you having to request them.

My Corrida Red has been ordered with no extra's at all so...

15 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I believe sim/WiFi comes with the Amundsen as standard in the vrs, but I also want to use this hub in my current car (while I wait endlessly for my build), and out and about.

I have had this problem myself.

The 245 only comes with the sim slot if you order the Premium Wifi. If you order the Columbus and your dealer tells you that it comes with a sim slot then he is mistaken and you will end up like me with a 4G wifi hub in your boot.

quick question. I want a spare alloy so I can get out of trouble and have a spare for detailing.

Does anyone know if the black 19" Xtreme that is an option for the 230 is the same wheel fitted as standard on the 245?

Part number (5E0601025BDJX2 )

1 hour ago, ClarkyStu said:

I too was confused about parking sensors, advised by dealership that rears are included front were not.

However every video iv seen, review ect shows front sensors aswel - Im under the impression that front and rear are included without you having to request them.

My Corrida Red has been ordered with no extra's at all so...

I had the same issue with my dealer telling me they were not included so I rang Skoda.

These ARE standard equipment on the 245 both front and rear sensors.

4 minutes ago, Matsumura said:

I have had this problem myself.

The 245 only comes with the sim slot if you order the Premium Wifi. If you order the Columbus and your dealer tells you that it comes with a sim slot then he is mistaken and you will end up like me with a 4G wifi hub in your boot.

Will I have a sim slot then if I have the following option? Wireless phone charging with Bluetooth+ and Wi-Fi (PT5)

10 minutes ago, Matsumura said:

I had the same issue with my dealer telling me they were not included so I rang Skoda.

These ARE standard equipment on the 245 both front and rear sensors.

Do you have the number for them still handy?

need to call them myself at some point.

Has anyone here been given an approx build timescale for their 245? Ive been told 'Approx' 20+ weeks, taking it to the end of March/beginning of April, however I have also been told to expect it to be ready for 1st March when the 18 plates come out which is more like 16 weeks

15 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Has anyone here been given an approx build timescale for their 245? Ive been told 'Approx' 20+ weeks, taking it to the end of March/beginning of April, however I have also been told to expect it to be ready for 1st March when the 18 plates come out which is more like 16 weeks

Iv been told end of Feb but also that because I took over someone elses build that I jumped 4 weeks.
No actual date or 'week' provided.

Just now, martysparty99 said:

Ive asked for March delivery to get the new plate.  No idea on official dates etc.  They told me 18 weeks when ordering but then said Jan/Feb

When did you order yours?

2 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

9th october, think they said you don't hear anything til 5/6 weeks have passed.

after that period however is it the dealer who you've purchased from that provides you with the update I assume?

2 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

9th october, think they said you don't hear anything til 5/6 weeks have passed.

Did you get any kind of order ref etc to confirm it? I ordered through a broker and they told me they have secured my vehicle but I dont have a order number or anything

50 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Will I have a sim slot then if I have the following option? Wireless phone charging with Bluetooth+ and Wi-Fi (PT5)

No. You meet to order the option with lte access. 

1 minute ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Oh ok, the brochure is confusing. 

I know.  the configurator is slightly better,  It's properly under : Premium WLAN with integrated high-speed LTE internet.    But the configurator also has the wireless charging option, along with the premium LAN and phone box, which I would guess is both options together.  They certainly scrimp on the detail to make things clear.

Does the jumbo box come with a USB port inside it?  if it does using that and a usb internet dongle would be a much cheaper option.

Personally I looked at the option with my car, but I went against it and just brought the wireless charging and bluetooth+, as the LTE is £300 option that I don't really need (or want tbh), and I have an Ipad supplied by work complete with internet, so when the tine terrors are in the car and I need to keep them quiet I'll just tether their tablets to that.