vRS245 ordered club

12 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

So glad I changed from grey to red accents on my black paint order. Looks great

Red fades in time & not that long either

23 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

I've just placed an order for a black one, with DCC.

Hatchback, DSG.

18 plate suits my needs.

Nice spec almost the same as mine, have you forgetten the spare wheel though ? It'll pay for itself the first time you get a puncture repaired instead of a new tyre 

• Like 1

Been driving mine round a bit today.

Cant get over how effortless it is! Pulled off a few times from the lights with the go faster pedal at only 50% and it just flies. Loving the paddle shift too. I cant get it to "DSG fart" though?!

Took it on my morning commute down the M42/M6 and it sits at 70mph at 1900RPM - thats less than my 1 series diesel.

Averaged 35mpg on my 18 miles commute to work. The car was delivered to me showing 36mpg from the 135 mile journey, so the delivery driver must have booted it all the way up from London!

Edited by matt9407

6 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Nice spec almost the same as mine, have you forgetten the spare wheel though ? It'll pay for itself the first time you get a puncture repaired instead of a new tyre 

Think my glass is half 'fuller' than yours!

14 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I had grey on my Green vrs, I'm just looking forward to a change. It's also a lease car so who cares lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Errr no, I know how little sidewall those 19"s have, potholes alone can punture one of these

Not disagreeing with you. I was pleased to find a spare wheel had been spec'd on mine.  That said (touching wood) I've not used a spare wheel in 24 years and 100ks miles. 

I'm not sure I'd choose seat trim based on the likelihood of it fading though. There's so much to go expensively wrong on this car there's no chance of me keeping it longer than the lease / warranty  period. (you've now got me looking at things half empty !) 

Edited by 7ncj
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cm11 said:

I’ve ordered grey inserts to be different just out of interest does anyone have picture of them? 

Mine has grey, if no-one else obliges beforehand I'll try and take a pic tomorrow as it will be very dark by the time I get back to my car. 

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

**** me, completely forgot about that.

Thanks - I've had it added onto my order. It was only £100 for a space saver.

Feel that's a bit cheeky of them though. The car clearly has space for this item, and it should be included free.

2 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Been driving mine round a bit today.

Cant get over how effortless it is! Pulled off a few times from the lights with the go faster pedal at only 50% and it just flies. Loving the paddle shift too. I cant get it to "DSG fart" though?!

Took it on my morning commute down the M42/M6 and it sits at 70mph at 1900RPM - thats less than my 1 series diesel.

Averaged 35mpg on my 18 miles commute to work. The car was delivered to me showing 36mpg from the 135 mile journey, so the delivery driver must have booted it all the way up from London!

You near Birmingham?

Which garage did you order it from?

16 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

You near Birmingham?

Which garage did you order it from?

Yup and skoda Aldershot in Winchester. They had one in stock.

I went to Erdington skoda and they didnt want to know me...23 year old in a hoody and jeans

3 hours ago, Aston100 said:

**** me, completely forgot about that.

Thanks - I've had it added onto my order. It was only £100 for a space saver.

Feel that's a bit cheeky of them though. The car clearly has space for this item, and it should be included free.

I never even thought to spec one! Will call them in the morning and see if it can just be added without a delay. 

Did not tick the spare wheel box....what about just picking up a space saver off eBay. But then I suppose a 19" won't be east to come by. Think a email Monday morning is due. I didn't spec dcc either. But my mk1 was on very thin tyres and coilovers, so I feel the 245 will feel much better. 

Dunno nowdays but, the Mk3 vRS had the Spares Dept. asking about £290 for a spare wheel & tool kit so, its way cheaper to add it to the order.

The spare is a space saver, if you wanna a full size the floor is gonna sit up an inch & the tool kit foam will be a very loose fit.

Just order the space saver with the car & accept its for emergency use only.

5 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Dunno nowdays but, the Mk3 vRS had the Spares Dept. asking about £290 for a spare wheel & tool kit so, its way cheaper to add it to the order.

The spare is a space saver, if you wanna a full size the floor is gonna sit up an inch & the tool kit foam will be a very loose fit.

Just order the space saver with the car & accept its for emergency use only.

Think an email shall be sent Monday. 

Have you fitted a tuning box to yours?

8 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

Was it straight forward to fit?

Will it be quick & easy to remove and refit when a service is needed?

Has it affected your MPG in anyway?

Yes

No, its a PITA to get to the boost sensor

Yes, I now get 500% more smiles to the miles

• Like 2