vRS245 ordered club

Guest garpat32

So frustrating.

Dealer has messaged me saying the request for Mobex was declined, as now not entitled to one until 2nd april?

this is after my "case manager" said I would have a mobex by today at the latest.

Previous lease has gone back and now I have no transport, and no estimated build week at all.

Seriously close to cancelling now.

13 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

So frustrating.

Dealer has messaged me saying the request for Mobex was declined, as now not entitled to one until 2nd april?

this is after my "case manager" said I would have a mobex by today at the latest.

Previous lease has gone back and now I have no transport, and no estimated build week at all.

I am surprised you have waited until now to cancel. I'd have swapped to something in stock by now.

Guest garpat32

I have only waited until now as Skoda promised me a mobex from this week onwards, until order is delivered.

Just to share my experience, in case it helps you at all - I ordered early October and was told I'd receive the car (vrs245, standard spec) early Feb.

When I still had no build week at the end of December, the dealer (not Skoda CS) offered to loan me a car until mine showed up. 

Separately Skoda CS offered me a £500 credit which can (only) be used at a Skoda dealership - so for servicing, or items from the accessories catalogue, which include dashcams, coffee makers and model-specific bits and pieces. 

I picked up a brand new, well-spec'd Yeti from the dealer on 31st January. My build week is currently showing as 18 (after moving to bw25 momentarily!) so I'm probably going to be in this loan car until June, all told. 

There is absolutely no logic to the delay in my order according to the dealership sales manager, and also the UK MD's customer service team (who are separate to the standard CS team, and who are now managing my case). 

The dealer is claiming the cost of the loan car back from Skoda UK as I understand it. 

Although the overall customer experience has been a total shambles - my first (and if I'm honest, probably my last) experience of the Skoda brand - I have to say the dealership has been excellent.

One tip, in case you haven't already done so, is to insist your case is escalated to the UK MD's CS team - they seem a lot more capable, and don't just throw platitudes at you. 

Hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, garpat32 said:

So frustrating.

Go back to your case manager & get him to talk to the dealership

FYI - the old UK Skoda MD has moved onto the US, i tried to email him but it bounced back - so checked him out on LinkedIn instead - not sure it that qualifies me as a stalker??

As far as i was told - after 18 weeks from ordering the car is officially 'delayed' and they have a duty to keep you mobile.

Id def go back to them again and mention that.

Guest garpat32

Bit more news.

Case handler knew nowt of the issue, and spoke again to dealer, and now loan vehicle is miracuously authorised.

Enterprise car hire rang later and are going to be dropping a VW Passat off for me tonight.

So a good result in the end, the VRS can take as long as they want now. :D

4 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Bit more news.

Case handler knew nowt of the issue, and spoke again to dealer, and now loan vehicle is miracuously authorised.

Enterprise car hire rang later and are going to be dropping a VW Passat off for me tonight.

It may be awkward of you preferred the Passat more and swapped your order to one of those lol

I'm new to this leasing (the 245 will be my first) so this is really useful information on getting a hire car out of them if they are overdue, it could do with being collated in to a sticky or single post?

Eg;

Lease due to end in 6 months

New lease ordered Y? months prior to end of lease, required date is agreed by dealer as Z? weeks prior to return of current lease so you aren't left without transport.

I'm assuming if the car arrives prior to the required date (plus contingency for delay) they will just store the car until you take delivery?

Do you need to have ordered your car/lease direct from them or doesn't it matter, the order goes via dealer anyway even via a finance company

Process for complaining, getting case handler to sort out of transport.  Go via Skoda Chat, make formal complain.  A case handler will then get in touch?

VAG class over due as 18 weeks and will authorise hire car?

46 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Bit more news.

Bet they speed up now they are having to shell out for a hire car :)

5 hours ago, buaan said:

I'm new to this leasing (the 245 will be my first) so this is really useful information on getting a hire car out of them if they are overdue, it could do with being collated in to a sticky or single post?

Eg;

Lease due to end in 6 months

New lease ordered Y? months prior to end of lease, required date is agreed by dealer as Z? weeks prior to return of current lease so you aren't left without transport.

I'm assuming if the car arrives prior to the required date (plus contingency for delay) they will just store the car until you take delivery?

Do you need to have ordered your car/lease direct from them or doesn't it matter, the order goes via dealer anyway even via a finance company

Process for complaining, getting case handler to sort out of transport.  Go via Skoda Chat, make formal complain.  A case handler will then get in touch?

VAG class over due as 18 weeks and will authorise hire car?

I’ve just checked and I ordered mine on 6th Oct, for delivery 20th March, I was told so long as I ordered by mid Dec the delivery date would be ok. Lucky I did as the car has only been at the dealer for a couple of weeks. I would say if you were in my position with no car due it is Skoda/the dealers problem to compensate/keep you moving.

On 05/03/2018 at 11:00, Ursicles said:

Did you get your hire car?  Curious as to what they will put us all in.  As long as its not a insignia all is good.

I wish they said 'here's £1500 go buy an old mondeo for a few months' ... id be happy with that :)

Got a call from my case handler who said dealer will call me to get my details for the enterprise to give me a car.

to be honest I don’t know how it all works. I asked for an explanation but she seemed to know very little.

I'm not too rushed as I got my dads mkiii vrs this week and I fly out to Portugal on Friday. But I will want a car when I am back in the UK waiting for me. How I’d wish it was my 245 instead of a car from enterprise.

problem is I don’t know who’s paying for what and what happens if I’m in an accident. Who pays insurance and what the excess is etc.

I will try make sure it’s not an insignia lol I’ve been driving 1 for some time now. I was fairly happy with it.

From what they said to me it's the same as you hiring a car from avis - all the insurance etc is covered, but you just pay an excess of you have an accident.

In short - free motoring til your VRs arrives :)

Guest garpat32

Everything is covered apart from fuel and insurance excess is £250. 

So all in it's a good scheme.

They did say it purely depends on what car they have available though.

Guest garpat32
On 3/6/2018 at 15:00, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

It may be awkward of you preferred the Passat more and swapped your order to one of those lol

Ha, no chance as the Passat is warning it over a month overdue a service, and the keyfob battery is low.

So, today they are swapping that for a DSG Seat Leon. 

Well non of this makes any sense I ordered at the end of October 30th and my car (Estate dsg acc paint) is on the boat and will be in the port of tyne any moment now. 

Suppose ive been fairly luck if I’m going off other people’s orders on here,  although it is a month over the quoted time. 

This car better be worth it as I’m losing interest fast at one point a 1.4tfsi Audi A4 was starting to sound appealing 

Hi all, have been following this thread for a few months now and thought share my experience so far.

I placed my order via a lease company 14th November and was quoted 18-20 weeks with a likeleyhood of that getting cut shorter as "Skoda are due to allocate more build slots..." but was given absolutely no clue about build weeks etc. 

I patiently waited for updates but none came so began chasing 8 weeks after placing my order. After chasing a couple of times last month I was told my vehicle was expected to go into production in build week 10... Which I think is this week, right? 

I've had no confirmation this week that this has actually happened so not getting my hopes up. Have given up hassling the lease company so I guess it'll be a nice surprise when it eventually arrives. 

Super excited about the 245. Have always been a fan of the vRS and this will be my first Skoda ever. Fingers crossed... 

DSG hatch in Red btw. No other options added. 

2 hours ago, Shak245 said:

Hi all, have been following this thread for a few months now and thought share my experience so far.

I placed my order via a lease company 14th November and was quoted 18-20 weeks with a likeleyhood of that getting cut shorter as "Skoda are due to allocate more build slots..." but was given absolutely no clue about build weeks etc. 

I patiently waited for updates but none came so began chasing 8 weeks after placing my order. After chasing a couple of times last month I was told my vehicle was expected to go into production in build week 10... Which I think is this week, right? 

I've had no confirmation this week that this has actually happened so not getting my hopes up. Have given up hassling the lease company so I guess it'll be a nice surprise when it eventually arrives. 

Super excited about the 245. Have always been a fan of the vRS and this will be my first Skoda ever. Fingers crossed... 

DSG hatch in Red btw. No other options added. 

Try the Skoda chat for an update - they’ll confirm your order and whether any build date has been set.  If you don’t get one raise a formal complaint so you get a case manager appointed and weekly updates.

also are you 100% sure your order was accepted?  My understanding is lease orders had to be placed by latest 11th Nov. The order system officially closed for leases on fri 10th but I was lucky as I had an open quote on the system so was able to ‘complete and submit’ my order on the 11th through a skoda dealer.  Other lease companies and dealers told me the system was closed so they coukdn’t Quote or take orders. My order was then accepted by the factory on the 14th.  I had wk 22 build confirmed to me last week, so you may be in a similar boat to me time wise. I’ve ordered red hatch (no options). 

I do know some lease companies were still taking orders after the 11th Nov but not sure how they are going to fulfil, unless they’d already ordered prior to the date and were then just filling the slots but that seems a risky strategy given the tiny margins available.

hope you’re okay - just try the chat route to confirm

Edited by Reddazforever

Long time lurker. I ordered on 20th Nov and order was accepted and have order number etc. No build week in sight but I am easy as the mentioned that it likely wouldn't be delivered until June at least. But I'm probably looking at more like August now. 

5 minutes ago, Stephan30 said:

Long time lurker. I ordered on 20th Nov and order was accepted and have order number etc. No build week in sight but I am easy as the mentioned that it likely wouldn't be delivered until June at least. But I'm probably looking at more like August now. 

Assume yours wasn’t a lease deal if you ordered on 20th?  Believe from speaking to customer services that all 245s need to be built before end of June so you may get it sooner than you think

Guest garpat32

I was told by my case manager that the last possible build for the 245 was 26th June.

If that helps?

1 hour ago, Stephan30 said:

Wow... they actually told you June when you ordered in November??

Damn.. when i ordered mid October, those lying gits told me March :)

Still, hire car will keep me company til my VRs arrives.