vRS245 ordered club

The sales executive could have asked if you wanted Fixed or Variable servicing and the Service Indicator could have been changed from Variable to Fixed at the PDI.

Simply Clever, pity it is not part of the Skoda Main Dealer Customer Service like many other things Customers are not asked about what they would like enabled before hand over.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes 

Edited by Offski

10 hours ago, Shak245 said:

Mine was delivered this morning too. Very impressed with it so far, totally worth the wait! 

Had a quick scroll through the menus and spotted the first  service is due at 19k miles. This can't be right, surely?!? 

Looks like you are on long life engine oil like, didn't realise until I checked when my first service was due and it said 700 days or 17,500 miles.

8 hours ago, Offski said:

The sales executive could have asked if you wanted Fixed or Variable servicing and the Service Indicator could have been changed from Variable to Fixed at the PDI.

Simply Clever, pity it is not part of the Skoda Main Dealer Customer Service like many other things Customers are not asked about what they would like enabled before hand over.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes 

My car was intended as Skoda main dealer demo, but I managed to intercept it before it got delivered to them last August so it was already built, and had the variable service oil from the factory so decision was already made for me. However as I cover 13,000 miles per year the longer service intervals suit me and I check my tyres/cold oil level on a monthly basis so this does not present me with any reliability issues. Bonus was I only had to wait 2 weeks after I placed my order. Negative was I had to accept colour and spec chosen by dealer principal at Sandicliffe Nottingham back in May 2017 when they ordered the car. Very pleased with my choice as best 8,740 miles I have experienced in 35 years of driving. Well done to those SIMPLY CLEVER Skoda folk!

They all leave the Factory with Long Life oil and on Variable / Flexible Servicing other than the Up!MiiCitigo.

They arrive in the UK set for Variable / flexible Servicing and only at a Dealers / Distribution Centre are they changed to Fixed.

• Like 1

Got my update call today... And there was an update!!

Apparently mine is being built bw21 ... So that's may 21st, prob looking at delivery end of June at a guess.

Was so close to making it a 68 plate car too!

• Like 1

Guest garpat32

Same here, just asked for update, estimated BW 21.

If that goes to schedule then will miss out MY19 by one week, but at least its progress of some sort.

I do expect that estimated week to change though.

I

12 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

i thought MY19 was BW32 someone said??

It looks very much like the traditional BW22 changes will be moved to BW31/32 inline with the summer factory closure. The best info so far is that the new engines will introduced during this window and hopefully the digital cockpit and who knows what else. 

Guest garpat32

I asked CS about the BW/MY changes and they didn't know! 

Case handler said they haven't been given and info regards changes to the MY dates changing either, but if they change to bw31/32 then surely they'd also have to change the half year MY revisions? Or maybe they are going to just one update a year from now on?

5 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

I asked CS about the BW/MY changes and they didn't know! 

Case handler said they haven't been given and info regards changes to the MY dates changing either, but if they change to bw31/32 then surely they'd also have to change the half year MY revisions? Or maybe they are going to just one update a year from now on?

I think the reason for the change this year is the requirement to introduce the GPF due to the testing changes coming this September, it makes sense to not have the change in week 22, with another change 10 weeks later, but they could easily do both, nobody seems to know for sure. The only concrete info if you can call it that is that is that CS told me I couldn't order a new 245 until August! you would hope that they open the order books a bit before with a build start date for when the factory reopens.

My19 is bw31 this year. confirmed to me by skoda CS a number of weeks ago. I was originally bw22, which and has been the new build year in past years so I queried whether i’d get the 245 i’d ordered or a diff spec one if MY19 started in bw22 as per previous years. CS went away and came back to confirm

MY19 would be bw31 this year and also confirmed factory was shutting for 3 weeks in July. I opened a thread about it in here when it was confirmed.

Funny one for those who have received - sorry for those who are still waiting (they are worth the wait btw)

When I put it in Sport mode I get Sport showing on the Amundsen and on the dash display it shows "S" nest to the gear indicator.

When I restart the car for the next journey Sport shows on the AMundsen by the letter next to the gear indicator sows "D" untill I put it in Sport mode via the VRS button.

Anyone got any ideas why it's not keeping the gearbox is S mode?

10 hours ago, njr911 said:

So needs to be put into S every time - that's a bit funny

It adds to the flexibility I guess. I am more often in the mood for Sport Mode without the hanging onto gears for an eternity scream!

14 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

167 days and still counting.... car gets built next week but why does time seem to pass so slowly?  .... sun’s out and I want a shiny new 245 now :D

I've found the waiting hateful, but then I am an analytical control freak! I'll be collecting mine tomorrow and it will be day 199. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long. 

Just now, ScottyNS said:

I've found the waiting hateful, but then I am an analytical control freak! I'll be collecting mine tomorrow and it will be day 199. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long. 

Bet ur like a kid the night before Christmas....  what you ordered?

Just had customer services call me and let me know that I still have no confirmed build date but it would be built before the end of July. Didn't realise until I got off the phone that  could be potentially week 30 however I though the factory shut for a few weeks in July so hopefully they mean it will be built before the factory shuts for summer.

6 hours ago, Mark944gold said:

Just had customer services call me and let me know that I still have no confirmed build date but it would be built before the end of July. Didn't realise until I got off the phone that  could be potentially week 30 however I though the factory shut for a few weeks in July so hopefully they mean it will be built before the factory shuts for summer.

Think the factory is shut weeks 27 to 29..  wk 18 is this coming week so should have it before August given 3-4 week avg delivery once built

I have caved in, I was trying to keep my mk2 vrs for a couple more years and save some cash but Just snagged myself an ex demo 245 with high spec, will pick it up Tuesday,

The car has DCC fitted, I have had two test drives in the it but only for short periods and both times roads were busy so I never really got a good Idea of how it works.

I know the rear axle on MK3 is wider than MK2's thus making it feel more planted in the bends but has anyone already fitted a RARB to a 245?

I read so many times about how good a mod a RARB was on the mk2 and I was really impressed when I finally got round to fitting it, Just wished I had done it sooner so if its worth doing on the 245 I want it from day one.