Delivery Timescales

27 minutes ago, dkvinyls said:

I've just had an update via livechat, my vRS is built and is in transit to Emden Port. Sooooooo excited.

That's great news!  Not long now...

So.......latest report from the dealer this time is my car is in the country and he should have it tomorrow or friday.........or Monday

So next week may actually be a probability 

23 hours ago, dkvinyls said:

I've just had an update via livechat, my vRS is built and is in transit to Emden Port. Sooooooo excited.

Mine too, VRS245, BW2 and ordered 11th September!

Exciting!  :)

On 1/17/2018 at 13:02, peterhardy said:

That's great news!  Not long now...

Blimey, you're right. From last Wednesday its managed to get to the UK and its booked on a transporter to my local dealer in Lancashire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Statto said:

Just have to decide if there's any accessories I want the dealer to fit before delivery - any recommendations?

I paid for the dealer to change the 12v sockets to live by key instead of permanent live.  There are a few guides on here to do this but I wanted to be 'fireproof' :biggrin: if the car went up in flames, especially as mine's a lease from Motability.

I also bought a full size Gemini spare wheel (from Ireland) and bought the jack and brace kit from the dealer who butchered the polystyrene holder to fit snugly inside the wheel so that the boot floor lies flat.

Hadn’t heard anything from my dealer for 2 weeks so called in tonight, Car is in the UK port!

can get rid of the Qashqai now. Webuyanycar still offering the same as before Xmas so it’s going this week and we will make do for a month with just the Mini.

Over the moon!

20 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

we will make do for a month with just the Mini.

I don't think it will take a month to get the car, unless you're waiting for an 18 plate.

Just now, peterhardy said:

I don't think it will take a month to get the car, unless you're waiting for an 18 plate.

Yep, waiting for 18, makes no odds really - dealer said I could have it in 2 weeks if I wanted it but I will wait.

2 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

Yep, waiting for 18, makes no odds really - dealer said I could have it in 2 weeks if I wanted it but I will wait.

I would too, TBH, for the sake of a couple of weeks!  :thumbup:

32 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

Mines a lease so I couldn't care less, I just want the car ASAP. The dealer is also buying my current privately owned vehicle from me for £200 more than we buy any car so very little hassle. He reckons there is chance of picking it up next Thursday.

11 minutes ago, dkvinyls said:

Mines a lease so I couldn't care less, I just want the car ASAP. The dealer is also buying my current privately owned vehicle from me for £200 more than we buy any car so very little hassle. He reckons there is chance of picking it up next Thursday.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried WeWantAnyCar.com? or even Arnold Clark's buy your car service?

WeWant has always beaten WeBuy the last few times I sold a car.  Sold my one but last car via WeWantAnyCar.com but on this occassion, Arnold Clark's  www.arnoldclark.com/sell gave me an even better price. It even gave me more money than Arnold Clark were offering in part-ex !  How crazy is that?  (tip - once you have a price you can sell your car to any Arnold Clark branch, but I sold mine to the same franchise as the model of my car - that way they can sell the car from their premises without going thru another dealer / auction).

Might save you a few quid? Cost's nowt for a valuation.

(Evans Halshaw offer a similar service but their offer is always been rubbish whenever I've tried them).

Edited by Guest

The starting price looked good on wewantanycar but I've seen plenty of reviews saying they knocked money off for the slightest mark. My brother in law sold a car to one of these business (can't remember which one), they knocked £125 because he didn't have the original manual. I could understand for a missing service book but the manual, really?

It's an interesting business model though, webuyanycar are owned by British Car Auctions and wewantanycar is owned by Manheim  Auctions, they are feeding their own auctions. There must be some kind of tax break or a fiddle with the amount of commission they charge "themselves" to make it worth their while as I doubt most of the cars they buy exceed the purchase price when sold at auction.

One good thing for me with selling it to the dealership is they valued my old privately owned car in October last year and agreed the price wouldn't change no matter when the vRS is delivered so I've saved 4 months of depreciation already.

9 hours ago, jtalep said:

Let's try and keep on topic people, although interesting where and who you sell your car to isn't relevant in this thread :)

Useful too - I'd not heard of WeWantYourCar & their offer is £250 more than WeBuyAnyCar (subject to checks obviously)

17 hours ago, peterhardy said:

I paid for the dealer to change the 12v sockets to live by key instead of permanent live.  There are a few guides on here to do this but I wanted to be 'fireproof' :biggrin: if the car went up in flames, especially as mine's a lease from Motability.

I also bought a full size Gemini spare wheel (from Ireland) and bought the jack and brace kit from the dealer who butchered the polystyrene holder to fit snugly inside the wheel so that the boot floor lies flat.

We're getting a full size spare anyway, what's the issue with the sockets being permanently live? I currently leave the charging lead for my mobile permanently plugged in - is that a bad idea?

3 hours ago, Mr Statto said:

We're getting a full size spare anyway, what's the issue with the sockets being permanently live? I currently leave the charging lead for my mobile permanently plugged in - is that a bad idea?

I'm doing a europe tour this summer and wanted to control battery usage by dashcam, cool box etc etc by having everything off when the car is off.  Probably not a big issue for some but I much prefer this method of operation, that's all.