How many keys supplied with new car?

9 hours ago, Penpusher said:

I checked in the filler flap today and the ice scraper is in there and looks unused.  Also, Adam from Sinclair Skoda called me today and asked if all was OK with the car.  I mentioned about the umbrellas in passing and he said he'd sort some out and send the on to us, so result!  If they send them, of course.  I'll report in due course.

Result :thumbup:  Now your friends and family can be amazed as you pull actual umbrellas from your doors.  

• Like 1

Daft as it may sound but I still get pleasure in showing people all the nice little features they've included in our cars, umbrellas, removable (and magnetic) torch in the boot, ice scrapper, etc, etc... but my favourites are the Velcro retainers that stop boxes and the like sliding around in the boot, such a simple yet effective idea.

PS I think it's good that the garage gave you a follow up call to make sure everything was okay. And whilst the umbrellas were missing, it does sound like they're trying to sort it out quickly for you, hope they do.! 

Edited by Whaty
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Whaty said:

Daft as it may sound but I still get pleasure in showing people all the nice little features they've included in our cars, umbrellas, removable (and magnetic) torch in the boot, ice scrapper, etc, etc... but my favourites are the Velcro retainers that stop boxes and the like sliding around in the boot, such a simple yet effective idea.

PS I think it's good that the garage gave you a follow up call to make sure everything was okay. And whilst the umbrellas were missing, it does sound like they're trying to sort it out quickly for you, hope they do.! 

Yeah, I wasn't taking the pi55.  I also think it's cool when drivers of £50K+ plus cars look bewildered, as such nice touches/features aren't available on their cars. 

• Like 1

Ha ha, I know you wasn't taking the pi55... Our company cars tend to be Mercs and BM's and our MD has just treated himself to an Aston DB11. They smiled when I said I was getting a Skoda and therefore, imagine how good I felt when the car arrived and I showed them around. To a man they were genuinely impressed not only with all the little touches but also with the fit and finish, the space and the general looks of the car both inside and out.... Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to compare a Superb to a DB11. The point is, to those who don't know, the Superb is a vastly underrated car and people are genuinely surprised...... I quite like that :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whaty said:

Ha ha, I know you wasn't taking the pi55... Our company cars tend to be Mercs and BM's and our MD has just treated himself to an Aston DB11. They smiled when I said I was getting a Skoda and therefore, imagine how good I felt when the car arrived and I showed them around. To a man they were genuinely impressed not only with all the little touches but also with the fit and finish, the space and the general looks of the car both inside and out.... Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to compare a Superb to a DB11. The point is, to those who don't know, the Superb is a vastly underrated car and people are genuinely surprised...... I quite like that :)

My sentiments exactly. 

• Like 1

As long as we're talking about umbrellas, are they branded? Or plain? I've got one in each door, but never opened them. Grey, I think.

BTW, three keys with mine, on the road in Oct '16.

Badge snob? I own a Škoda. I hate all the free advertising that gets plastered everywhere. The first thing I did when I got my new car home was to remove the dealer's sticker from the rear window. 

I agree about removing the dealers sticker, I did that as well but if I choose to buy a product that comes with the manufacture's label/logo on it I accept it that way. 

On 2017-6-23 at 19:22, GAG said:

The umbrellas in mine are plain.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't got my car yet), but am I right in saying there is actually a skoda logo on the umbrella handle as per picture. Although I assume what you're saying is there is no branding on the umbrella canopy itself.

428036_0.jpg?itok=OxdfrQAB

On 6/21/2017 at 21:11, Penpusher said:

I didn't find out the umbrellas were missing until after I came home.  I thought maybe they'd be in the boot or tucked away in a corner somewhere, but no joy.  We bought the car in Swansea which is some way from Brecon and I don't even visit Swansea once a year, so I'll see if I have to return on any other issues and I can raise this matter.  I haven't looked inside the filler flap yet, but I'll check this next time (the first time for me) I fill up.

Adam from Sinclair Skoda called last Thursday to say the umbrella has been sent to me and it arrived on Friday (just one).  I did say both were missing, but I've got the umbrella from my MkII after it was written off in an accident.  It was still in its cellophane as it was it the nearside passenger door and I'd never bothered to use it, so I've got two new umbrellas in the front doors now!  Adam rang again on Sunday to check I'd received the umbrella, so I can't fault his after-sale service.  Maybe if I'd have told him both were missing I'd have got another, but I'm happy with what I've got.

Collected my Petrol Blue L&K 280 estate last Friday with three keys and two umbrellas in the front doors. Put the umbrellas from my last two Superbs in the rear doors. Job done. All passengers have their own umbrella!!

Whaty........ I wondered what those useless bits of plastic with velcro were for. Thanks for the info!!

Edited by splinter
Grammar error

48 minutes ago, splinter said:

Collected my Petrol Blue L&K 280 estate last Friday with three keys and two umbrellas in the front doors. Put the umbrellas from my last two Superbs in the rear doors. Job done. All passengers have their own umbrella!!

Whaty........ I wondered what those useless bits of plastic with velcro were for. Thanks for the info!!

Didn't know there were slots in the back doors for umbrellas also? (don't have a superb atm, one on order)

No slots in rear doors.

Just put them in door pockets where we normally put stuff that is never used!!

I only ever take the stuff out when selling the car.

On 6/26/2017 at 19:22, facet edge said:

I agree with @Whaty Those Velcro fasteners in the boot are fantastic. It's such a large space things need to be corralled to stop them flying about everywhere.

I thought the factory/dealer neglected to put mine in the car.  Took me a few weeks to find them attached to the rear of the Canton sub cover.  Very pleased though they are kind of pointless as the velcro won't attach to my rubberised boot liner.  Can't have everything! 

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, I've just bought a superb sportline on a 66 plate from a Skoda dealer and it only has 2 black keys and i thought they came with 2 black and one with silver trim can anyone help? Cheers

I'm glad that this thread emerged. As @penguin17 mentioned the velcro covered gizmos are secured to the cover covering the Canton. I've had my car from new since late August 2017 and never knew they were there despite it being mentioned in the manual! Thanks penguin :).

Capture.thumb.JPG.933571428a049a90631eab092d670c27.JPG

My L&K also has some velcro covered wedges that are stored in the other container that has the first aid kit. These are not mentioned in the manual and seem to be shaped to prevent cylindrical shaped objects from sliding about.

BTW my Kessy equipped MY2017 L&K came with 3 keys - 1 metal and 2 plastic.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 23:30, MaddicIrl said:

Didn't know there were slots in the back doors for umbrellas also? (don't have a superb atm, one on order)

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 07:38, splinter said:

No slots in rear doors.

Just put them in door pockets where we normally put stuff that is never used!!

My OCD kicked in big-time until I saw the answer. I was just about to tear outside and see if I'd dipped out on rear brollies! 

Off for a lie down now to recover:D

My MY17 also has three keys, one silver and two black. Why - I have no idea. Only ever had 2 max on any other car, including 2 SII Superbs.

2 hours ago, Raymundo91 said:

Hi guys, I've just bought a superb sportline on a 66 plate from a Skoda dealer and it only has 2 black keys and i thought they came with 2 black and one with silver trim can anyone help? Cheers

Mine came with one silver and two black, yes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, juux said:

Mine came with one silver and two black, yes.

i'll have to ring the guy and ask him even though i did mention that to him when i bought it but he said it just comes with the 2 keys i got :wondering: