Emissions remap

matnrach

Don't get it done is my message since mine was rolled back the regen at the moment looking at the figures will go from 118 miles now I'm at 90 miles and 4g soot so it looking a lot better will report when next regen is done

On 03/11/2017 at 15:24, Razzertrevor said:

We're islanders mate and the quicker we're out the the better find some other mugs from Eastern Europe to fork out 14 billion pounds a year to you get that pounds not euroes 

On 03/11/2017 at 14:19, matnrach said:

As far as I know the VAG DPF app does not send data over WIFI but I maybe wrong. The Torque app does as I download it from their website

Guys where did you get your roll back done?

I'm booked into shark performance in Mansfield they said they have done loads.

They are also less than £100  where as most other places are charging £200

Shark seem to be well established and know what They are doing.

Thoughts?

I have a 2010 superb 4x4 had update I  sep I bought it a few days ago seems to drive ok but don't want to have issues with it so want the settings restored back as they were.

From all accounts they compare the old parameters to the new ones and and write them back in.

I'm looking at a standard roll back no a remap for better bhp just want my settings put back to what they were.

?

Edited by Steviejay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Razzertrevor said:

Hi mate I had mine done at sharks no remap just the roll back 100 + 20 vat you will know with the regen and mpg is better

That's good to hear buddy.

I get it done next week.

How do you know a regen is happening as I never see white smoke or feel anything.

May invest in one of those gadgets you guys have.

Thanks for replying buddy feel better about using them now someone else has used them.

:)

47 minutes ago, Steviejay said:

That's good to hear buddy.

I get it done next week.

How do you know a regen is happening as I never see white smoke or feel anything.

May invest in one of those gadgets you guys have.

Thanks for replying buddy feel better about using them now someone else has used them.

:)

Increased idle speed is the only telltale from inside. There should not be any smoke, if there is you have a problem. From outside you'll hear the cooling fans running as well, even after the engine is shut down.

11 minutes ago, chimaera said:

Increased idle speed is the only telltale from inside. There should not be any smoke, if there is you have a problem. From outside you'll hear the cooling fans running as well, even after the engine is shut down.

Increased idle speed? thought it does it at 2k rpm ish on a run, but if your doing 70mph at 2100 rpm you wont be able to tell and from what i was reading on here, you get a bit of smoke or ash out of the exhaust?

There's no fixed engine speed for regeneration - it happens during normal engine operation. I've had mine do a regen in town plenty of times. If you drop engine speed down to idle while it's doing a regen it'll idle at 950 rev/min instead of the normal 750.

Whoever told you that about smoke doesn't know what they're talking about. The DPF collects soot which is burned off to CO2 during a regen, no smoke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chimaera said:

There's no fixed engine speed for regeneration - it happens during normal engine operation. I've had mine do a regen in town plenty of times. If you drop engine speed down to idle while it's doing a regen it'll idle at 950 rev/min instead of the normal 750.

Whoever told you that about smoke doesn't know what they're talking about. The DPF collects soot which is burned off to CO2 during a regen, no smoke.

Gotcha thanks pal, appreciate the reply good to know!

Everyday's a school day!

29 minutes ago, chimaera said:

Unfortunately after emissions remap there is a smoke. Lots of white smoke, seen even from rearview mirror, if you happen to accelerate during regen.  Makes me wonder am I driving 2014 car or 1974 one.

Did 2100 km trip.

Very random intervals on regen. Shortest one 260 km and longest one 690 km. Just plain driving, some urban, mostly extraurban.

Interestingly I have had 2 regens after the rollback I was checking the mileage and % soot after every journey and it all looked really good projecting a regen at over 500miles

However both times it was showing around 50-60% at 280miles and the next time I looked it had done a regen without me knowing which must have been at about 295miles.

Dont know what is going on. I will have to look at the VAG app when I approach 280miles next time. Anybody else seen this?

The engine does run smoother and I am seeing a couple of mpg more. The % must be wrong now???

• Like 1

Yes, noticed the same.

App was always open, so I had a good look. Couple of times at about 350 - 400 km app showed 50% and 12 grams of soot. Suddenly regen started and the readings popped up immediately to 100% and 23 grams.

Then again, regen started at about 50% but the readings did not go up. 

One is clear: readings do not drop below 22% and around 5 grams.

3 minutes ago, Razzertrevor said:

My regen went 100% 25g soot and after went to 5.4g soot 20% I don't think your going to get the filter fully empty after a while 

Did you see any regen at lower than 100% with the rollback map?

Just to point out, the ECU doesn't report a percentage for the DPF soot loading. It gives a calculated and measure soot mass in grams. Whatever that percentage represents is something the DPF app has calculated. At a guess, it's the percentage until an active regeneration occurs so meaningless on its own.

It's normal for the calculated soot to hit the 18-25g range and start an active regeneration. The active regeneration will end when the calculated soot is below 5g in my experience. This is normal for both pre-fix and post-fix engines, plus it tallies with the experiences you seem to be having.

This being said, you should be more interested in how quickly soot is being produced and therefore regeneration occurs. This will have a direct impact on the longevity of the DPF.

The other useful figure is the oil ash level, this gives an indication of how much unremovable residue is actually in the DPF.

• Thanks 1

Yes I am interested in how quickly the soot build up is. If the % is to be believed, which is now in doubt, the rate increase was half with the rollback but then it regenerated at 50% so back to square one. Do we have any explanation at all? I will have a look at oil ash level and report back

Today did regen at about 50%.

Urban cycle boosts soot production up. Just urban cycle I guess 250 km is maximum we can reach.

From the other side, app graphics show almost constant burning process is going on in filter all the time. During hard accelerations soot mass even drops a little.

So, keep agressive driving style and your DPF never fails!

9 minutes ago, linni said:

Today did regen at about 50%.

Urban cycle boosts soot production up. Just urban cycle I guess 250 km is maximum we can reach.

From the other side, app graphics show almost constant burning process is going on in filter all the time. During hard accelerations soot mass even drops a little.

So, keep agressive driving style and your DPF never fails!

So why did it used to regen at 100% and now 50% ???