Cleaning Inside of Windscreen?

Golf-Fiend

On 6 October 2017 at 12:43, mobilone said:

I use autoglym glass polish with good results

This. Perfect for the job. No smears and you can see any residue, so you won't miss any bits when u buff it off.

One tip I was given on this on Detailing Central on Facebook was to cut back on the amount of glass cleaner used and to get two decent cloths and keep them solely for the glass....

So far it's working for me albeit still not 100% perfect but a heck of a lot better than it was with the smears being mainly in areas I can't really get into such as the very bottom of the screen and the passenger side edge 

cleaned mine recently with fast glass and treated with fog-x and its holding up well. I've also got one of those demister packs that absorbs water in the air and then you chuck it in the microwave when its full.

since this lot I've had no misting/fogging and all my windows are still very clear

The Mk2 Octavia is terrible for condensation. I had two of those 1kg dehumidifier bags in the car just to keep it check. Finding ice inside the windscreen was ridiculous, it was like going owning a car from the 70's.

3 minutes ago, Gissin said:

just going from what people have said on here, brought the AG- glass polish too and tried it out last night, I have to say it's the best my glass has looked! and it was much easier.  fast glass will now be my reserve.

I bought it too from reading here - your post has reminded me it don't do anything until I actually use it ;)

On 10/6/2017 at 14:21, TheClient said:

+1 Autoglym glass polish both inside and out. Then, for winter I tend to use rain x repellent exterior and rain x anti fog for the inside of the glass.

The cleaning pad @CWARD links to looks quite good as it is hard to reach extremities and apply pressure from inside.

Any tips on getting the anti fog stuff applied in a way that doesn't leave it a mess?  I had a go and spent a while trying to polish it out.  With the low bright sun over the last few days it really shows the streaks, runs and general cloudiness of it.  Might have to find something that will strip it off and start again :( 

12 minutes ago, dg360 said:

Any tips on getting the anti fog stuff applied in a way that doesn't leave it a mess?  I had a go and spent a while trying to polish it out.  With the low bright sun over the last few days it really shows the streaks, runs and general cloudiness of it.  Might have to find something that will strip it off and start again :( 

fish scale micro fibre, apply sparingly 2/3 drops per window .. you shouldn't be able to see it going on. buff off with a normal mirco

make sure the glass is spotless before applying though.

Yes. My windscreen looks pristine clean and is very good at night with headlights but must admit, I also get the smearing with low sun. Maybe a better polishing cloth would work. I'm not too sure if it is the antifog or the AG glass polish that has left a residue. It is hard to spot it is an issue until you get the low sun... You could use iso alchohol (or methylated spirits as a substitute), to clean off and start again.