What annoyed you today?

Aspman

The (I am sure) very sweet old lady who was driving at 40 in a NSL zone. I overtook her (safely) and a mile or 2 later entered a 30mph zone and slowed down accordingly. Yep, within a few minutes the sweet old lady had caught me up, no doubt carrying on at 40 and completely oblivious to the speed limit changing. This is one of my biggest irritants. That and people who brake before indicating.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tweenster said:

The (I am sure) very sweet old lady who was driving at 40 in a NSL zone. I overtook her (safely) and a mile or 2 later entered a 30mph zone and slowed down accordingly. Yep, within a few minutes the sweet old lady had caught me up, no doubt carrying on at 40 and completely oblivious to the speed limit changing. This is one of my biggest irritants. That and people who brake before indicating.

This is one of my biggest annoyances when driving, quite often these dawdlers will be the ones who like to illuminate you with their high beams when you do overtake them, then proceed to tailgate you when they eventually catch up in that 30mph zone.

I also find it frustrating when you are behind someone who takes about 3 miles to accelerate up to the speed limit and then brakes for the next junction/roundabout about a mile in advance, its about the worse thing you can do for fuel economy and very frustrating. Like the woman in the mk1 focus i was behind doing exactly this today, overtook her on a nice straight and she put her foot down as soon as I went to overtake whilst simultaneously giving me a rude hand gesture.

17 hours ago, clarendon462 said:

This is one of my biggest annoyances when driving, quite often these dawdlers will be the ones who like to illuminate you with their high beams when you do overtake them, then proceed to tailgate you when they eventually catch up in that 30mph zone.

I also find it frustrating when you are behind someone who takes about 3 miles to accelerate up to the speed limit and then brakes for the next junction/roundabout about a mile in advance, its about the worse thing you can do for fuel economy and very frustrating. Like the woman in the mk1 focus i was behind doing exactly this today, overtook her on a nice straight and she put her foot down as soon as I went to overtake whilst simultaneously giving me a rude hand gesture.

So many people about right now that seem unable or terrified of driving at night.

Will be doing 40 or 50 in an easy 60 and will brake to 20-30 whenever a car comes the other way and will accelerate madly if you try to overtake.

Other people slowing down when overtaking only to speed up after they've crept past.

Years previous I would have cast my aspersions at the elderly but now it's increasingly young men or middle aged men.

37 minutes ago, wonkyewok said:

being unable to access Briskoda (and Google) in China. 

You know how subversive we all are on Briskoda. Goodness knows what the Chinese Authorities make of the Yeti Section! 

The ****er that was in front of me this morning on the M621. Stop using your phone, drinking too much the night before, playing with your **** or whatever you're doing and concentrate on driving then you won't be wondering all over the lanes/ hard shoulders causing everyone else to panic brake. 

Unfortunately didn't do anything for Skoda's as he was in a 67 plate grey Octavia estate.  

Having to explain for the umpteenth time why I don't feel stupid/silly/weird wearing sunglasses during winter to a person who is having to use his hands to shield his eyes from the suns  glare whilst asking the question. 

Not today but Wednesday night. The toe rags that tried breaking into my house to steal the cars. Cars safe and sound but lots of damage to repair, which instead of winding down for Christmas I’ve spent the last two days waiting for police and forensics with today fitting CCTV. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, CWARD said:

Not today but Wednesday night. The toe rags that tried breaking into my house to steal the cars. Cars safe and sound but lots of damage to repair, which instead of winding down for Christmas I’ve spent the last two days waiting for police and forensics with today fitting CCTV. 

Sorry to hear about that it isn't a nice thing to go through. I've been thinking about putting CCTV lately too. It's supposed to be the season of Peace & Goodwill to all men .  there has been an epidemic of burglaries around my neck o the woods, I had my garden shed robbed (bolt cropped the lock) of all my gardening equipment petrol lawnmower tools etc the thieving deadbeats are having a field day there doesn't seem to be any deterrent at all anymore.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CWARD said:

Thats fkin awful, at any time but especially this time of year.

Potentially mentally traumatising, and no doubt a horrible feeling of violation and unease but as long as everyone is physically safe and sound ultimately material stuff can be replaced. 

• Like 1

No trauma, as they didn’t get in the house due to sash jammers fitted  Just annoyed. It’s money that could have gone else where but at the same time a wake up call to update all the locks. My locksmith mate came round and I’d let the neighbours know he was coming if they wanted to upgrade their locks. He was able to demonstrate just how easy it is to snap a Euro barrel lock using an elderly neighbour to do the breaking in with the mole grips. It took him longer to clamp them down than to snap the lock and easily within 5 minutes. 

Highly recommend if you’ve not already done so, and have these type of locks, to upgrade them to the anti snap ones and fit armoured door handles too. We’ve also ordered a Patlock, which locks the handles together on French doors and acts as a visual deterrent. 

@lancpudn stop thinking about CCTV and get it done.  It’s a £350 Swann system from Screwfix I’ve fitted, which I’m able to monitor from my phone or tablet and it notifies me if it detects movements in set areas. 

My Sis and Mum.

Panic was that the washing machine hadn't stopped and drained properly; reason being that the lint trap hadn't been cleaned in about a year!! Mum panicking about "I need the emergency repair man" while I got a bowl that fits under the trap, and got on with draining and cleaning the trap!

My idiot self. Going away for a couple of days cats into cattery. Halfway there realised if left the vaccination certificates in the kitchen. 

Cats don't like going fast. 

26 minutes ago, Aspman said:

My idiot self. Going away for a couple of days cats into cattery. Halfway there realised if left the vaccination certificates in the kitchen. 

Cats don't like going fast. 

Well - if you will ask them to drive...

• Haha 4

On 12/23/2017 at 15:44, CWARD said:

@lancpudn stop thinking about CCTV and get it done.  It’s a £350 Swann system from Screwfix I’ve fitted, which I’m able to monitor from my phone or tablet and it notifies me if it detects movements in set areas. 

I think the time has now come for some sort of CCTV, I woke up this morning to find the empty milk bottles smashed on the doorstep & the rockery in the front garden kicked over. :angry:

It's been going on for far too long with smashed windows/doors etc.

This is what you get for standing up to these divisive yobbo's.

Reading that the Chinese will no longer take our waste plastic and that the Govt has no agreed way forward to deal with the problem despite knowing this was going to happen. Useless tarts. Shame on all of us who buy bottled water. 

• Like 1

Its alright, theyve discovered a species of worm that will eat styrofoam, and another can eat plastic. 

Just start your own wormery...

Today, its the numbness in the left side of my face after a trip to the dentist this morning.

Happy new year to me - 30mins into 2018 i broke a tooth eating a crisp sandwich.. to be fair, its a tooth thats been in a bad way, having broken before and the dentist managed to patch it back together pretty well. Still a pain in the face though. Literally

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Today, its the numbness in the left side of my face after a trip to the dentist this morning.

Happy new year to me - 30mins into 2018 i broke a tooth eating a crisp sandwich.. to be fair, its a tooth thats been in a bad way, having broken before and the dentist managed to patch it back together pretty well. Still a pain in the face though. Literally

Can't beat a crisp sandwich but I hate it when you get one of those hard bits of crisp, feel like they have chipped a piece out.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, CWARD said:

For peace of mind and a deterrent then do so. 

I was looking at some outdoor wi-fi cctv kits this morning & almost clicked to buy but I was waiting on seeing a neighbour who has a similar system installed, Basically he told me don't bother spending a fortune on one as a cheap one will suffice as a deterrent in his experience.

He's informed police of attempted break ins twice with video evidence & they never followed it up on either occasion :angry: so I think a cheap unit will have to do if that's the case.

Also just reading the preposterous situation of police not bothering prosecuting thieves for any crimes with a value less than £200 is ridiculous. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/police-ignore-thefts-less-200-sparking-rise-shoplifting-say-retailers-1652841

A neighbour of mine had their house broken into whilst they slept upstairs. The Police came and did a full investigation (helped by the car that was stolen and a lot of the stuff being dumped nearby) but one officer commented that she had never been to a burglary at a house with a dog . No surprise that they now have a dog.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tweenster said:

A neighbour of mine had their house broken into whilst they slept upstairs. The Police came and did a full investigation (helped by the car that was stolen and a lot of the stuff being dumped nearby) but one officer commented that she had never been to a burglary at a house with a dog . No surprise that they now have a dog.

We have a couple of Bolshy cats but I don't think they would do anything lol. The last two times we were burgled they never came out to us, I rang 999 and got told to ring the non emergency number as it was a 'non emergency' where  I was offered a crime number for insurance purposes only.

Edited by lancpudn