What annoyed you today?

Aspman

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

You could've just told us you'd made a start on painting the shed floor 😇

Quick, someone find the Blarney Stone for Mac to have a smooch with 😘

Gaz

ISTR the Blarney Stone is built into the eponymous castle, and you have to be daft enough to be hung off the crenelation by your ankles to reach it with your mouth.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

ISTR the Blarney Stone is built into the eponymous castle, and you have to be daft enough to be hung off the crenelation by your ankles to reach it with your mouth.

correct. 

its also the base stone that form the bottom of the outside edge of what was the jacks in that style of castle..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

you have to be daft enough to be hung off the crenelation by your ankles to reach it with your mouth

Holds hand up ...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

correct. 

its also the base stone that form the bottom of the outside edge of what was the jacks in that style of castle..

I was trying to avoid going exactly there. :) 

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

..... and you have to be daft enough to be hung off the crenelation by your ankles to reach it with your mouth.

Don't see that being  problem.  Happy to help :nod:

Mac, just as a bit of a disclaimer, very happy to help, but my grip's not what it was.  I'll check my calendar for availability 😁

Gripper Gaz

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

the base stone that form the bottom of the outside edge of what was the jacks in that style of castle..

You guys have been having a seriously good laugh for many years with all we grockles not only kissing the stone where your ancestors' asses have been but paying for the privelege! :)

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

I was trying to avoid going exactly there. :) 

Seems very honourable of you if Mac's gonna be kissin' nearby 👍

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Seems very honourable of you if Mac's gonna be kissin' nearby 👍

Quite the reverse; I was trying to avoid telling grockles that they were kissing the business end of a garderobe! :devil::devil:

Went to take some plastic recycling to morrison today where they have plastic, glass and clothes recycling banks. 

Got there and found some arsehole had dumped what appeared to be a house clearance I. Front of the recycling bins...   Including fridges, freezers, two TVs, an electric heater and various bits of wood furniture FFs! 

Can only assume they couldn't be bothered to use the local household waste recycling centre or were a 'business' of sorts that didn't want to pay the fee.  Either way they were aresholes. 

• Sad 4

im giving that a sad because theres angry reaction 

i hate dumbasses that cant be arsed to do the right thing even when its clearly a much higher risk than reward to the wrong thing

• Like 4

Very little risk and considerable reward for the members of a certain community that offer waste clearance services.

Less risk than the already minimal risk of dumping it in a country lane, at the Morrisons recycling point they would simply claim they misunderstood, "can't read & roite you see Guvnor!"

Diesel has gone up, Morrisons is closer than a country lane or recycling centre.

• Like 1

Gravity,  That's what's been annoying me today.  And, truth be told, for the last couple of weeks.

Added to that are water and ambient temperature.

Put together, they resulted in our kitchen ceiling collapsing just before Christmas following a burst pipe in the big freeze.

Given that both my wife and I have been spending time away from home either sorting my folks' house or dealing with family illness and bereavement, I didn't discover Gravity's little gift until after the freeze when I entered the house via the kitchen to meet a room-sized rain shower, floor awash, ceiling starting to slowly migrate downwards and an assortment of kitchen equipment , cupboards, worktops and floor coverings - oh, and the gas cooker - variously drenched, flooded, completely f-ed and/or coated in soggy plasterboard.

After feeling like I had just made a trek through deepest Amazonian rain forest I managed to crawl under the sink and turn off the water, a challenging exercise as there was no light.

Did I mention the power had fused, too?

This week's excitements will include dealing with our insurance company ...

• Sad 10
  • Crying 1

7 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Gravity,  That's what's been annoying me today.  And, truth be told, for the last couple of weeks.

Added to that are water and ambient temperature.

Put together, they resulted in our kitchen ceiling collapsing just before Christmas following a burst pipe in the big freeze.

Given that both my wife and I have been spending time away from home either sorting my folks' house or dealing with family illness and bereavement, I didn't discover Gravity's little gift until after the freeze when I entered the house via the kitchen to meet a room-sized rain shower, floor awash, ceiling starting to slowly migrate downwards and an assortment of kitchen equipment , cupboards, worktops and floor coverings - oh, and the gas cooker - variously drenched, flooded, completely f-ed and/or coated in soggy plasterboard.

After feeling like I had just made a trek through deepest Amazonian rain forest I managed to crawl under the sink and turn off the water, a challenging exercise as there was no light.

Did I mention the power had fused, too?

This week's excitements will include dealing with our insurance company ...

That's crap Mike...   Hope the insurance company don't try and wriggle out of paying out somehow and your fully covered. 

• Like 1

With all this kissing of things, we should remember that the monarchs of UK need to be assured that the Stone they get crowned on is the true one.

Ken, like me, will remember the ballad of the Stone, where it was stolen, and so many copies made, that the original was lost, any one finding a copy cannot have their claim disputed.

Perhaps, Ken has one in his garden pond with his frog ( possibly called Charlie ) sitting on it and talking to the flowers😁

34 minutes ago, VWD said:

With all this kissing of things, we should remember that the monarchs of UK need to be assured that the Stone they get crowned on is the true one.

Ken, like me, will remember the ballad of the Stone, where it was stolen, and so many copies made, that the original was lost, any one finding a copy cannot have their claim disputed.

Perhaps, Ken has one in his garden pond with his frog ( possibly called Charlie ) sitting on it and talking to the flowers😁

I don't have a garden pond, and anyway the Stone of Destiny was repatriated from where it was being held as stolen goods in Westminster Abbey.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KenONeill said:

I don't have a garden pond, and anyway the Stone of Destiny was repatriated from where it was being held as stolen goods in Westminster Abbey.

But, was this the real one. Not according to the folk song, so I'd say there's some truth amongs the fables. But then I'm a closet SNP from the old days, when we used to see posters on the Glencoe- Kinlochleven road proclaiming that " This is Athol country".

Busybodies .

Let me explain. I have a nervous little rescue terrier, who loves car trips, but not people getting close to her car when parked.We would leave her at home on shopping trips, except she would annoy neighbours. So she comes with us. Normally she lies on rear seat, till someone walks past. 

To most normal folk, a dog barks in a car to say"I'm on guard".So the folks accept this and walk on. Not the busybodies family. They stand outside annoying the dog and winding it up, then berating the owners on their return.

14 minutes ago, VWD said:

Busybodies .

Let me explain. I have a nervous little rescue terrier, who loves car trips, but not people getting close to her car when parked.We would leave her at home on shopping trips, except she would annoy neighbours. So she comes with us. Normally she lies on rear seat, till someone walks past. 

To most normal folk, a dog barks in a car to say"I'm on guard".So the folks accept this and walk on. Not the busybodies family. They stand outside annoying the dog and winding it up, then berating the owners on their return.

And? You are breaking the law by leaving the dog in the car.

19 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

And? You are breaking the law by leaving the dog in the car.

According to the Scots Government code of practice for dogs in cars "1.13. Dogs should never be left unattended in a car or other vehicle in warm weather."  As we're currently not experiencing warm weather it would seem to be a non-issue.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/code-practice-welfare-dogs/pages/4/

Why/how? Perhaps in the land of the wailing weggie it might be.But not down south,otherwise it MIGHT be mentioned in the few cases of dognapping reported in middle England.

That is something that Dogs Trust would like to promote. Perhaps when temperature is excessive, but in January when it's circa 6C outside. And I do keep a thermometer in car to check in car temperature.

The dog is not restrained,to give her a chance of breakins. Perhaps Philadelphia law may be your forte, but owning a nervous dog, who hates folks she does not know getting close, does not rate high on your /their agenda. 

Like you this breed seem to get their kicks on seeing a dog get so frightened that fear makes it vicious. I dare not leave a window open any more than a fraction in case one of this brain-dead lot stick a finger in and in fear, Lexi attacks.

Ken, perhaps , something you might like to readhttps://www.scotsman.com/education/can-i-legally-leave-my-dog-car-these-are-laws-you-need-know-1418168

Before you spout/ possibly before giving up polishing the spittle further

Edited by VWD

@VWD why would you leave the dog in the car when you know it will get distressed when, inevitably, someone will walk by?

And, what about the distress to the person walking across a car park to suddenly have a dog barking at them?

I consider myself as one of the “normal folk” and  I don’t like to see a distressed animal of any kind. Personally, I think your current practice is unhelpful for both dog and other people; and that you should be staying with the dog to teach/demonstrate to it that [the vast majority] of other people are ok.

Vast majority of passers by recognise that she is letting them know of her presence. This remote assesment of a "distressed dog " amuses me. I regularly walk past other dogs in cars in same park and it's obvious ( at least to me) that the dog is in guard mode, so I carry on past, not stand there and annoy dog. I get the same story from other owners that accept that dog is on guard. What the busybodies do not/ fail to recognise that she is JRT cross and will bark. And these are in the minority, not the majority . 

I occasionally check car out when this lot are around and have seen them standing close to car and tapping on the window. Normal? 

• Like 1

On 10/01/2023 at 20:17, VWD said:

This remote assesment of a "distressed dog " amuses me

On 10/01/2023 at 00:42, VWD said:

this breed seem to get their kicks on seeing a dog get so frightened that fear makes it vicious

Frightened but not distressed?

On 10/01/2023 at 00:09, KenONeill said:

You are breaking the law by leaving the dog in the car.

What law is that and what are the penalties?