What annoyed you today?

Aspman

SO will need to go to her baby scan and consultant appointment on her own because of the virus. She's quite upset about this (37 weeks today).

Our housebuild after just getting going again is about to be parked. The builder expects to be shutdown by government this week.

• Sad 2

Mrs Gaz has just annoyed me 🙄

When we had our fence posts replaced following the recent (ish) storms, our garden was quite sodden, and the lads who did the work trod the grass down, and the hole for where our clothes airer tube had disappeared in the mess.

I'm on leave this week.  Mrs Gaz is now working from home as her Manager's have decided it's not safe to be at work (she's an NHS worker and I applaud their decision).

As it's a nice day, we'd like to get some washing out on the line, so off I toddle to go locate the missing hole.  Prodding around with a screwdriver proved unsuccessful, as did using a hand trowel.  Frustrated, I marked out a square yard around where I knew the hole is, and started to remove the turf.... in for a penny.

Mrs Gaz comes out to admire my handiwork at getting our bottlebrush plant back near vertical, looks at the task I'd just started, and promptly locates the hole about 4" outside of my square yard in all of about five seconds flat 🤬

Turf's back down and the right hand line of my square yard is where the trowel is in the pic.

Wouldn't mind, but as I was carrying stuff out, I thumped the spade into the ground, forgetting I was also carrying a 4lb club hammer and my finger is still throbbing 😢

Gaz

LVLK9110.jpg

Edited by IamGaz
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, IamGaz said:

Mrs Gaz has just annoyed me 🙄

When we had our fence posts replaced following the recent (ish) storms, our garden was quite sodden, and the lads who did the work trod the grass down, and the hole for where our clothes airer tube was disappeared in the mess.

I'm on leave this week.  Mrs Gaz is now working from home as her Manager's have decided it's not safe to be at work (she's an NHS worker and I applaud their decision).

As it's a nice day, we'd like to get some washing out on the line, so off I toddle to go locate the missing hole.  Prodding around with a screwdriver proved unsuccessful, as did using a hand trowel.  Frustrated, I marked out a square yard around where I knew the hole is, and started to remove the turf.... in for a penny.

Mrs Gaz comes out to admire my handiwork at getting our bottlebrush plant back near vertical, looks at the task I'd just started, and promptly locates the hole about 4" outsides of my square yard in all of about five seconds flat 🤬

Turf's back down and the right hand line of my square yard is where the trowel is in the pic.

Wouldn't mind, but as I was carrying stuff out, I thumped the spade into the ground, forgetting I was also carrying a 4lb club hammer and my finger is still throbbing 😢

Gaz

LVLK9110.jpg

You need to go to Spec Saver's Gaz. Its next to the spade, how did you no see it.     :nerd:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@IamGaz - can I please borrow Mrs Gaz.

I have EXACTLY the same problem. When we had the lawn re-turfed at the end of last year the guys who did it carefully marked the hole by leaving an old broom handle in in.

Somebody - I won't point a finger but Mrs B*M had complained that it was unsightly - and at some stage it disappeared and currently resides behind the shed.

As Mrs Gaz has abilities as a diviner could she pop over here and locate ours. I promise to remain at least 2m (or 6'6" in old money) from her at all times and in penance SWMBO will keep her supplied with all the tea / coffee, scones, cakes, bikkies etc. that she deserves.

20 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

You need to go to Spec Saver's Gaz. Its next to the spade, how did you no see it.     :nerd:

Gosh, thanks Andy, that's really.... errr..... helpful 🙄😆

Haven't you got some tea you should be photographing? 😇

Gaz

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BJM said:

have EXACTLY the same problem

I haven't tried it so not speaking from experience, but would one of those cheapo magic boxes to detect cables in walls be able to 'see' the errant tube?

3 minutes ago, IamGaz said:

Oh yes, please 👍

Day 1 of her working from home, and if this is typical behaviour were she in the office, then she wouldn't last a day working in my arena.  She's narrating her day, telling me what her idiot colleagues are up to, is up and down like a yo-yo, telling me it's okay for me to put the telly on, and then asking me to turn the laptop sound off (TV not on).  Is petrified i'll be done for if I get C19 (I've asthma), but has already popped around to see our neighbour, who has double-up carers going in three times a day....

I'll send her right over.  You hang on to her, no need to return.

Gaz 

No sympathy Gaz my SWMBO has been working from home for the last 2 weeks and I have to wake her up, make her a cup of tea so she can get the headphones on for 08:30 even on my days off. No escape for me anymore. Not allowed to mention the C word either.

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

SWMBO has been working from home for the last 2 weeks.....  No escape for me anymore.

Empathies.  Mrs Shy and I might have something in common at least.  When not using up Annual Leave, I work in an integrated Adult Social Care and Health team.  Not a qualified SW myself, but I manage (alongside several other managers) a team of assessment staff, including SW's.

Gaz

• Like 1

I lost a washing line base in the lawn a few years back I got a strong magnet in the garage, tied some string round it and slowly trawled the area where the base was last seen. Did I find it? did I ****!

I resorted to crawling on the lawn stabbing it with a screwdriver until I heard a clank.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IamGaz said:

Empathies.  Mrs Shy and I might have something in common at least.  When not using up Annual Leave, I work in an integrated Adult Social Care and Health team.  Not a qualified SW myself, but I manage (alongside several other managers) a team of assessment staff, including SW's.

Gaz

Yeah her clients are adults with learning difficulties and the elderly.:thumbup:

Nothing of world importance; just need to vent.

We're here under house arrest in the UK as a vulnerable couple. Where we live is rural and usually pretty quiet. Today is bin day and when I went out front earlier to bring the emptied bins back in I discovered we've been robbed. Two car batteries I had on charge hidden down by our garage door have gone. They couldn't have been seen from the street so they've gone with either a normal caller (delivery of some sort) or an opportunist scrote who's been entering gardens and looking for stuff to rob. No point telling the Police as they're tied up with CV19 curfew patrols and even before wouldn't respond for such a 'trivial' crime unless the perp left a written confession backed up by fingerprint, dna and photo ID.

/end vent

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

53 minutes ago, StickyMicky said:

Nothing of world importance; just need to vent.

We're here under house arrest in the UK as a vulnerable couple. Where we live is rural and usually pretty quiet. Today is bin day and when I went out front earlier to bring the emptied bins back in I discovered we've been robbed. Two car batteries I had on charge hidden down by our garage door have gone. They couldn't have been seen from the street so they've gone with either a normal caller (delivery of some sort) or an opportunist scrote who's been entering gardens and looking for stuff to rob. No point telling the Police as they're tied up with CV19 curfew patrols and even before wouldn't respond for such a 'trivial' crime unless the perp left a written confession backed up by fingerprint, dna and photo ID.

/end vent

Not good, but the covid crisis is a golden opportunity for scumbags.

For me. Feckin ex in-laws being a pita as usual. Can we call the boy? Aye ok but I'm workin so only then (give times). Try to skype them as before. Nothing. They whatssApp me. I says can you skype I need my phone (I'm on several emergency reponse lists) "no we don't do skype, can you facetime", no I don't have an apple. Tuts from them and Ex-MiL walks off without a word. "we'll call back". Which means they'll call my phone again tying it up. No chance they'll feckin use Skype which they used to use fine. I need to set up an old iPhone I've luckily got jsut to keep them happy.

Edited by Aspman

In laws are the bloody worst, My wifes parents are a nightmare. On numerous occasions they've told us they're coming up to visit, we sit around all day waiting for them as they won't give us a rough time that they will arrive then they don't show. But when it's us going to visit they expect half hourly updates on where we are and when we will arrive, then when do arrive bang on the time we said we would they aren't home. How about this one, they got all arsey and annoyed because when our son was born we took him straight home from hospital rather than drive for an hour to stay the night with them. While on about the boy, they got even more annoyed because when we named our son we didn't use my wifes dad's name as our sons middle name. Or when they didn't speak to us for over a month because we wanted our first Christmas with our son to be a quiet one in our house, by this time we'd move up to Cumbria and now lived 4 hours away, which is another sore topic which 5 years later they still pester us about moving back. 

Update on our wandering car batteries: mentioned it to the guy in our local garage earlier, who said there's apparently been an outbreak of "porch raiders" around the village, although I'm still none the wiser about why they wanted a couple of half-worn car batteries ...

Good job it's not like that here......out on the 1st Monday we arrived, trailer full of sand picked up and parked car up. Didn't move it until Thursday pm, could I find the keys?  Turns out I'd left the keys in the ignition....oops!  😁

Edited by olduns

25 minutes ago, olduns said:

Good job it's not like that here......out on the 1st Monday we arrived, trailer full of sand picked up and parked car up. Didn't move it until Thursday pm, could I find the keys?  Turns out I'd left the keys in the ignition....oops!  😁

It's that aspect that's the most distressing to us.  We've been here for 35 years and could leave doors unlocked, cars unlocked without a problem.  Not any more it seems 😞

What annoyed me today...   ???   Bloody HR at work...   this redundancy process I'm in is painful...   they won't answer questions properly, say one thing and then a few days later claim they didn't and are asking us to meet deadlines whilst they keep missing Thiers!

I mean serious seriously...   they have just the one task to do properly...   I still have my day job, am a regional rep for the redundancy, have a team to manage and am also now working remotely at the same time as keeping an eye on my daughter who has special needs and has been having regular seizures the last week...

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

Edited by skomaz
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, skomaz said:

What annoyed me today...   ???   Bloody HR at work...   this redundancy process I'm in is painful...   they won't answer questions properly, say one thing and then a few days later claim they didn't and are asking us to meet deadlines whilst they keep missing Thiers!

I mean serious seriously...   they have just the one task to do properly...   I still have my day job, am a regional rep for the redundancy, have a team to manage and am also now working remotely at the same time as keeping an eye on my daughter who has special needs and has been having regular seizures the last week...

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

I had this grief a year back and in the end I insisted on written responses to every meeting and I also recorded every call (after telling them at the start), plus responded to every meeting with my viewpoints backed by legal points. It frightened the hell out of them to the extent they stopped the process. It doesn’t work every time but it might help. Good luck.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

I had this grief a year back and in the end I insisted on written responses to every meeting and I also recorded every call (after telling them at the start), plus responded to every meeting with my viewpoints backed by legal points. It frightened the hell out of them to the extent they stopped the process. It doesn’t work every time but it might help. Good luck.

Thanks...   it does as it reinfrces we are doing the right thins...   as thats the approach we are now taking given they seem to have conveniently lost recordings of the first meeting and are refusing to provide accurate minutes even though we have our own notes of what was said by whom.