What annoyed you today?

Aspman

Had similar at our place. New work areas were laid out for us to almost 'bid' for our jobs, when the people they were trying to get rid of pulled out, and some they wanted to get rid of didn't they changed the areas and blamed it on showing us the map on a small peice of paper originally. HR did everything in their power to mess it up. Thankfully the lady in payroll was more switched on and gave everyone a very generous redundancy package which HR didn't really check properly🤣
Then the double edge of that is with everything thats happnening at the moment...I'm now self employed, so dont qualify for either 80% pay as I dont fit in either bracket of help, and as I moved a few days ago the identity verification services refuse to accept im genuine when applying for Universal Credit.....oh what joy!😒

7 hours ago, skomaz said:

Thanks...   it does as it reinfrces we are doing the right thins...   as thats the approach we are now taking given they seem to have conveniently lost recordings of the first meeting and are refusing to provide accurate minutes even though we have our own notes of what was said by whom.

Also remember that you are allowed to bring a trade union rep or colleague to every meeting. They can take the notes while you press points, as I know from experience it’s hard to do both.

12 hours ago, skomaz said:

What annoyed me today...   ???   Bloody HR at work...   this redundancy process I'm in is painful...   they won't answer questions properly, say one thing and then a few days later claim they didn't and are asking us to meet deadlines whilst they keep missing Thiers!

I mean serious seriously...   they have just the one task to do properly...   I still have my day job, am a regional rep for the redundancy, have a team to manage and am also now working remotely at the same time as keeping an eye on my daughter who has special needs and has been having regular seizures the last week...

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

HR are the worst, I've no idea why they exist tbh except to frustrate every process and get in the way. And I have friends in HR.

12 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

It's that aspect that's the most distressing to us.  We've been here for 35 years and could leave doors unlocked, cars unlocked without a problem.  Not any more it seems 😞

With the current no contact rules in place lots of parcel are just being left lying against your front door. I'm not sure they are even ringing a bell. Just too easy for the scrots to walk/drive around and pick up what they see. Not much chance of getting stopped by plod right now.

Just checking the temperatures at home via the Vaillant app, outside as expected, inside not so.....20c !

As we were due back early hours Saturday but have delayed until after Easter, Muppet here forgot to reset the "away" dates / temperature.  😠

• Sad 1

its a bit selfish but, 

given im WHM for the foreseeabke, i planned on making a materials list today for all the little jobs to be done-

flooring the attic,

prep for the new shed base etc

then ordering it tomorrow for delivery from our local builders provider - new rules they can only do delivery and it suits for yhe bilku stuff anyway.

i checked earlier on to get their number...

they have made the decision to close up during the current controls phase. I mean good for them, but now i cant do the jobs i thought id get through 😞

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been like that over here for 12 days, I was lucky to get the sand/chaux on the Monday, food shops/pharmacies only ones open so no DIY materials available to the public.

No chance of sorting the roof on my 15m X 4.5m "shed". ☺

S in L is having a 3 car garage built at moment, luckily walls / roof / floor all completed, finishing to do. Apparently builders can still work if outside but alone only - builders merchants MAY still be open, trade only? - so rendering the outside will prove difficult 🙋

Resorting to complete all those little jobs , you know the ones, it's only  a 5 mins job, another day no problem honest!

I would go out on my MTB but as leisure cycling is a no-no here, even 5mins to get to the forests is worrying when the gun toting Gendarmes can appear as I go there or back plus the thought of a stupid little accident is not what anyone needs right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mac11irl said:

its a bit selfish but, 

given im WHM for the foreseeabke, i planned on making a materials list today for all the little jobs to be done-

flooring the attic,

prep for the new shed base etc

then ordering it tomorrow for delivery from our local builders provider - new rules they can only do delivery and it suits for yhe bilku stuff anyway.

i checked earlier on to get their number...

they have made the decision to close up during the current controls phase. I mean good for them, but now i cant do the jobs i thought id get through 😞

Same problem here.  Combination of uncommitted time on my hands and the opportunities for constructive distraction (there's only so much Briskoda a man can handle in one day :) ) so I started the "catch up with the jobs list".  It seems I can order for delivery from our local builders' yard (prepaid only, existing accounts only) but it looks like there is a minimum spend of £500 or so which means it will have to wait on another pension month before I can go ahead.

Ho hum.

I wonder what will be for tea tonight?

In-Laws.  Or rather Father-in-Law to be specific.

Week before last (I think), just when panic buying was starting, Mrs Gaz (Sally) is talking (shouting at - he has a significant hearing impairment) to him when I get home from work.  He lives about 20 miles away, the other side of Uckfield in a sheltered housing scheme.  His car is in the garage, and he has 'no food'.  He can't hear Sally say to use a local taxi service.  So moments after I get in from work we're off out to get him the basics and bomb over with some groceries.  He'd said he had no food for breakfast, and when Sally brought out a box of cereal from the shopping bag, he then said 'Oh I don't usually bother with breakfast'. Sigh.  He has food, some out of date, sausages in the fridge from 'Best Before Sept 2019', and raspberries that were no longer recognisable.  Quite a bit binned.  He just hadn't thought to check his fridge, or cupboards.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago and Sally and her two sisters are discussing keeping in regular contact with him, and perhaps doing it on a rota.  All very laudable, but he can't hear over the phone, and Sally and I are the only family with transport.  It's been several years now that if he needs anything, it falls to Sally, or me, or both, to fix it.  To be fair, Sally's sister's hubby did change a broken toilet seat for him last year.

His car was delivered back to him from Toyota the following day.  No faults found (autobox).  Sally spoke to Toyota who said they're pretty sure it's just operator error (which is completely believable).

Much as I don't like it, I've been successfully self-isolating for a week, and have negotiated working from home with my boss.  I've asthma and if a cold ends up as a chest infection, it knocks me for six.  I suspect I know what C.19 would do to me.

Roll forward to this afternoon and he turns up at our house, from 20+ miles away, with a card for Sally (Birthday tomorrow), and what I can only hope is a 'normal' stinking cough and cold. Fan fricking tastic 🤬

So I go upstairs, for what it's worth, while Sally asks him to leave.  He gets the knock about her insistence, saying he 'understands' and there's no need for her to keep 'going on'.  So she points out he's still standing in our kitchen.  At which point the message gets through and he buggers off.

I suppose at least if it turns out to not be a cough/cold, at least I don't need to puzzle too much about it's likely carrier to my place of intended isolation.

Idiot.

Gaz 

Edited by IamGaz
  • Sad 3

On 29/03/2020 at 15:34, IamGaz said:

Sally spoke to Toyota who said they're pretty sure it's just operator error

This reminded me of the old acronym which used to appear in the "fault cause" field on helpdesk logs - "PEBCAC" - Problem Exists Between Computer And Chair".

I've recently seen another version "PICNIC" - Problem In Chair Not In Computer"

Maybe we should use it as "Problem In Chair Not In Car" :)

4 minutes ago, StickyMicky said:

This reminded me of the old acronym which used to appear in the "fault cause" field on helpdesk logs - "PEBCAC" - Problem Exists Between Computer And Chair".

I've recently seen another version "PICNIC" - Problem In Chair Not In Computer"

Maybe we should use it as "Problem In Chair Not In Car" :)

I see a lot of PICNIC's on the motorway everyday on my commute.

I can remember seeing a computer returned when I was working at a well known airline with the technical note saying “TDTUC” 

To Dum To Use Computer

It was originally assigned to an “efficiency consultant” 😊

• Like 1

I remember hearing colleagues at an automotive consultancy regularly say that the biggest problem when designing a car is "the big nut behind the steering wheel" :biggrin:

i think i have the day off work from home...

laptop isnt getting a reaponse to connect to the VPN to access remotely, so cant login.

and i had to change my iphone passcode this morning, and apparently managed to typo the same way twice, because im now locked out of it 🤬🤬🤬🤬

also, I should be off today.. and next week, as our main bathroom rip out and remodelling was meant to start, and we were supposed to be going away for a few days to avoid the the noise and dirt 😞

Sold a bike (pedal) last week, guy paid via paypal (friends and family as it turns out) and then collected the next day no problem.

A couple of days ago got a notice from paypal saying the buyer is claiming it was an unauthorised payment, went in their favour, so they have my bike and their money back 😞

Apparently since it was done via friends and family (I hadn't asked for this) there's no protection and since they collected it there's nothing paypal can do.

• Sad 3

Just now, mac11irl said:

lot to be said for cash on collection.. 

Well that's what they originally suggested, but a) I barely use cash and b) with this covid-19 stuff I thought I'm even less likely to use it/to put it in a bank hence we agreed on paypal.

Of course that also makes me think did he intend on just literally stealing the bike from me if I'd agreed to cash on collection!

A real PITA when prescriptions are not ready to collect when they are needed as the overstretched hard working staff are having to waste time answering phones.

Happy to know that some can just leave the phone unanswered and get on with getting the prescriptions ready.

• Like 1

Just now, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

A real PITA when prescriptions are not ready to collect when they are needed as the overstretched hard working staff are having to waste time answering phones.

Happy to know that some can just leave the phone unanswered and get on with getting the prescriptions ready.

We're having a similar problem with our sons insulin prescription. I went to collect it the other day and the pharmacy phone was constantly ringing, and for the most part it was people asking stupid questions like do you have any soap, hand sanitiser and toilet roll.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Trying to call our local Boots to see if it's worth walking there to collect our prescriptions, been getting line busy tone for over an hour now.....

I've done a couple of locums at my local Pharmacy in the last few weeks, and its been crazy busy even on Saturday when its normally quiet - I've been registered 25 years now and its the busiest I have ever seen, constant phone calls and prescriptions. If that is reflected across the UK then I suspect your local is super busy with people calling and they are trying their best.

What with that and trying to serve people when we can't get a lot of what they want (paracetamol, masks, gloves, sanitiser) its getting quite stressful, and that is without the abuse we've been getting from some people, last week I was called a 'cxxt' because I wouldn't leave the shop and walk half a mile to deliver to a patient who wasn't unwell but had ordered double on their repeats. 

Thats another issue, there would be plenty of stock around if people weren't trying to get 4 months worth of medicine they don't need. 

I know this is a rant thread so sorry for getting serious for a a while then 🙂 All I ask is please at the very least remember the pharmacy staff are probably trying their best and try to be nice 🙂 

• Like 4

We're finding that with insulin and libre sensors, we're struggling to get them. The pharmacist said people have been phoning up and trying to place what would be a monthly order multiple times for 3 or 4 days in a row, and succeeding to do it when the phone had been answered by another member of staff. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, caprixpack said:

the pharmacy phone was constantly ringing, and for the most part it was people asking stupid questions like do you have any soap, hand sanitiser and toilet roll.

On that, and people asking stupid questions

On Martin Lewis programme this week they had a list of questions on a large touchscreen and were answering some of them, but some they didn't get time forl.

I spied the one at the bottom of the screen wanting to ask Martin 'Is our money in the bank safe because I know people who have queued up to get all their money out'..................

Nutters imo.