Sasha’s Octavia vRS

Thanks haha, none of my cars stay standard. Even though I don’t own the Citigo anymore I’m still planing mods for it! The Merc has had a lot done, since that photo was taken it’s gained 2017 centre caps and badges and a facelift grill... I can’t stop!!

8 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Hopefully I have everything I need now. I did ask for everything from the donor car. For £90 it can’t be bad. It’ll cost a bit more now to get the damaged clip in side trims but I’ll keep the eyes peeled :)

90£!? That's almost what I paid only for my boot floor.

That's a steal... You guys are so lucky with the prices you get there for breakers...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks haha, none of my cars stay standard. Even though I don’t own the Citigo anymore I’m still planing mods for it! The Merc has had a lot done, since that photo was taken it’s gained 2017 centre caps and badges and a facelift grill... I can’t stop!!

Got some up to date pictures of the Merc? Updated grill ect?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

What am I missing here? At what point does anyone decide they need a smaller boot?

They don’t, they decide to have a better boot.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Having no load lip is the bit that matters,  I can slide the buggy in then, without dropping it over the lip. If ever I want a bigger boot, I can lower the floor, and when I do I’ll have a floor that’s a decent thickness, not the cheap thin one the car comes with as standard. Also makes life easier with other everyday things and brings the floor height level with the rear seats when folded down. Also means there’s somewhere to store the parcel shelf and my work hi-vis, tools, bits and bobs that I don’t want to have rolling round the boot.

Also Skoda said it couldn’t be done, so I had to prove them wrong!

Fair enough then! :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

I’ll be back later with more variable boot floor news

There are quite a few of us with the VBF factory fitted. If you need photographs or something measuring I'm sure we could sort that out.

• Like 1

Looking good, is the central rear red reflector just dirty or has water got behind it?

One of the first mods for me would have been the upper rear bumper protector, its quite a big step on the MkIII, ours is used by the kids to sit on (putting wellies on etc.) and is a nice support when loading and unloading heavy items from the boot.

Unfortunately it is easily marked and scuffed etc. Lots to choose from on Superskoda...

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Rear-bumper-panels/

I reckon the gloss black one would go well with the black pack on your car...

5E9064711-3.jpg.23ad5e2dc5cfcc43ee9ccc707564192e.jpg

5E9064711-2.thumb.jpg.11152d2cf83217bf62d74599889dea2b.jpg

• Like 1

Have run pressed or gel resin plates for years now, never been pulled and I live in North Wales which has the highest amount of fines for number plate infringements outside of London! The Merc has pressed plates too but some numpty has reversed into it and taken some paint off the front plate, so will either have to repair or replace :( They have the correct font, are BSAU marked and have the makers postcode on them and they are legally spaced and reflective so they are good enough for me :)

• Thanks 1

eBay ;) https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F252591496771

It says 8 sticky pads, but I got 12! Haven’t used any thanks to the plate surrounds which I have never used before and I am a convert! I used a surround on the back of the Merc so I could use a non drilled plate but it is borderless and I had to stick the plate to it, these hold the plates in and they look great IMO.

18 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

I used to have an old Vw caddy (in bright orange!) But the guys on the forums with those were getting pulled all the time so I decided against the idea! 

Tempted tho, where did they come from?

Never had any issues with my pressed plates in the UK and abroad. Had pressed plates for 8 years on various cars.

• Like 1

My OBDEleven has arrived today so I’m hoping to nip over to my Dad’s later to steal an Android device to start using it. Excited!

ifpdaf.jpg

I think the waste bin courtesy of @the_r_sole has also arrived but it came yesterday and I wasn’t in so I’ll leave in a few mins and get it from the post office. Cheers buddy :)