New order - color?

I’ve just placed an order for a new Superb Combi/Estate to replace my two year old Magnetic Brown Combi. 

However, I’m in doubt when it comes to the color - I have a few days to decide. 

Magnetic Brown looks fantastic - when it’s clean, just like black. But the climate in DK is very similar to the UK, so cars don’t stay clean for long. 

Business/Quartz Grey looks a little ‘flat’ to me, and SWMBO doesn’t fancy white. 

At the moment we’ve agreed on Cappucino Beige, which looks amazing in the flesh, and is quite practical too. Our old 3T Estate had that color. 

In DK we’ve just had the option to order Emerald Green, but I haven’t seen it IRL; only on Google. I’m just afraid that the green will start to look ‘tired’ quite fast, and will require lots of polishing...

What do you think - have anybody in here gone for Cappucino or Emerald? In the picture section it seems like most cars are grey, black and white :)

I’m really looking forward to get the new motor - it has a great load of gadgets compared to my old car.  

D8CB0C7B-B90E-47D0-99CF-EC408546985D.jpeg

3B7F0D93-39D3-43FF-AA1F-B6B17763A959.jpeg

1BB8496E-8398-4554-9B97-47348244AFEE.jpeg

A59381EA-8B17-4DEA-B230-D2B6BC8A5CBF.jpeg

Edited by GaSelle

I have a cappuccino beige hatchback. I agree that it looks much better in real life than in pictures. It carries the muck and dirt of winter very well IMO. Mine is filthy at the moment but doesn't look as neglected as some of the white, grey and blue that I have seen recently in a similar state.

I cant comment on emerald green other than to say that green is a difficult colour in any application; it can look fresh but equally can steal light and look very drab.

Cappucino all the way for me.

I see a Cappucino Beige Octy daily, I can't say I'm a fan of the colour at all, Just looks really bland.

green cars... Cant say I'm a fan of them either and more so the superb.. Saw a kodaiq in that green in Holland recently, i didnt think it suited it.

sorry.. Horses for courses and all ! 

Edited by RickTT

I know, horses for courses. The thing is, I care a lot for my cars. Hand wash, polish and all that. And I hate when my cars look dirty. Darker colors are much harder to keep clean and free of visible scratches; so no matter what, it will be a compromise. Magnetic Brown and Black Magic looks fab when they are just washed; but it doesn´t last very long - and scratches/wear show off way to easy. We used to have a 3T Estate in Cappucino Beige, and like Sagalout says, it hides dirt very well - it´s easy to maintain. I fancy the white, but as mentioned earlier - SWMBO has put her foot down, so we can´t go down that route (happy wife = happy life, you know).

@Sagalout - are there any photos of your car in here? The dealer only had an Octavia and a Fabia in Cappucino Beige. Haven´t seen a Superb 3V i that color IRL yet.

Light silvers are also good at not showing the dirt. But they are a bit boring.

Next car around I'm going to have a serious look at the no cost option currently pacific blue.

I'm not sure that its worthwhile spending £600 on a colour.

I don´t like Pacific Blue - it looks worn already when new. I´ve recently had a Fabia (loaner from the dealer) in that color, and it looks cheap - to me. It´s non-metallic.

I haven´t seen one in the flesh yet. The dealer had an Octavia in Quarts Grey, and it looked quite dull. But the Superb wears the color better, I think.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GaSelle said:

I haven´t seen one in the flesh yet. The dealer had an Octavia in Quarts Grey, and it looked quite dull. But the Superb wears the color better, I think.

It does, try and find one in the flesh in the daylight, it really does look very special.

Not being biased but I looked at loads of colours in the flesh, settled on Superb Combi 280 L & K in quartz grey.  Had a silver car before. fancied red but looked a bit too much on a big car.

They have changed the red here in the UK now.

Business grey I thought was a bit uninteresting.  The color thing is very tricky when you choose as you don't want to get it wrong.  I was very happy when I saw mine in the workshop for the first time having its PDI.

Had a Quartz Grey MK III for about 18 months - really is a lovely colour - best option in the silver/grey spectrum in my opinion.

Under certain lights it can have a slightly green/blue hue which adds to the attractiveness.

Would happily have had another Quartz when I changed company, but ended up choosing Candy White for a change. Looks really good when clean, which is for about 5 minutes.

Quartz Grey all the way ! 

I've got a Cappucino Beige Superb Estate and I'm very pleased with it. It rarely looks dirty and I'm not a great fan of washing cars (won't use car washes either!)   My previous Citroen was in a similar beige shade and that too didn't show the dirt. I'm not a fan of grey or silver cars, won't have white or black so it was really a straight choice between the beige or blue for us and thankfully a beige one came up just when we wanted the Skoda.

John M

i came from a Sprint Yellow Octavia RS - so i wanted something less subtle this time round.

for me, it was a choice between a "shade" of grey, silver or black.  red was not an available option. dragon-green/yellow was a no no, and wifey didn't want any shade of white.

black - while it looked nice, was "too dark" and was going to b a pain showing every grain of dirt!

silver - didn't sit well with the Superb, in my thoughts.  may a bit too "shiny"

both quartz grey and business grey looked great for me.  the chrome trim and black accents here and there was a good combo.  settled for the business grey as it wasn't "as dark" as the quartz grey.

5a5fe148e1d58_sportlinediffusor03.thumb.jpg.d07c14b13138cdc45d442619516aefa5.jpg

IMAG1251.thumb.jpg.a9469cf9acab4c8f350e88805492fa9b.jpg

IMAG1210.thumb.jpg.09c31a1e3db05d63be8ce9cf5726e9d8.jpg

• Like 2

Still in doubt, when it comes to the color - have to decide within this week, then it can´t be changed anymore. I´ve asked the dealer for press photos of a Superb in Emerald Green. Otherwise it might be Black Magic. Or Quartz Grey...

But, car is put on order now.

1.4 TSI DSG Style Business Edition Combi

LED Interior Light Package Plus

Canton

KESSY

Electric Tailgate

Amundsen nav.

DSG paddles

Full leather (Alcantara not available at the moment)

Traffic Sign Recognition

Lane Assist

Blind Spot Detect

Front/rear sensors

Parking Assist

Bluetooth w. WLAN

Infotainment Online / Care Connect

Adaptive Cruise Control

Electric front seats (heated)

Sunset glass

Driving Mode Selection

Towbar prep.

Climatronic w. 3 zones

Xenon

DAB+

Smart Light Assist

Color MaxiDOT

Chrome rails

Stratos wheels

Heated nozzles

Retractable parcel shelf (automatic)

Phonebox w. QI charging

Towbar (the original "swing" type) and OEM Reversing Camera High will be retrofitted afterwards.

Edited by GaSelle

I had a Quartz Grey combi  152 D reg, and changed it just 3 weeks ago, for a 181 D Combi ,L&K spec,  Moon White metallic, with black polished alloys, and I am amazed at the colour,  the white makes the car look so much bigger,  now all I need is some decent weather, to enjoy it in.

Dealer hasn’t been able to supply photos of the green, so I’ve changed it to Business Grey and added 220V socket and three additional USB sockets (for Carstick and charging tablets).