Delivery times

cjrp

I totally understand how the lack of communication and failure to update their systems would be annoying. Why they don't have an official tracking system across both Karoq factories is a mystery, when seemingly every other (inc Seat) brand across VAG has,

It's how that annoyance translates into compo etc I'm struggling to understand if the net result is, say, two weeks extra to wait for the handover. In my experience with our Yetis and now the Karoq, build weeks have been a moveable feast anyway.

I'm not minimising the aggaravation and do sympathise. I guess we're lucky. We were quoted end April on our 22/01 order so as the car was at Emden on Monday if anything they've under promised and over delivered. Sometimes being a cheapskate and going for the high volume base spec car has its advantages.

Good luck those waiting and lacking info.

Still waiting to hear where my BW8 car is.  The person in charge of my case with Skoda customer care is meant to be ringing me tomorrow after her investigation. Hoping for good news.  I assume no one else has heard anything about their delayed orders since the last updates on page 10?  

A new broom to brush away all the rubbish kicking about Skoda UK car importation and retail.v

Why not drop Rod McLeod a line and he can get on with sorting out new and old customers problems with ordering new vehicles for delivery in the UK.

Onwards and upwards, increased sales, less doubt on those waiting to know when a vehicle might get to the UK.

http://carandvanfunding.co.uk/vw-sales-chief-rod-mcleods-to-head-skoda-uk 

Youd think as Skoda come second only to Porsche for profits in VAG, they could invest in a decent tracking and customer response systems :wondering:

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

A new broom to brush away all the rubbish kicking about Skoda UK car importation and retail.v

http://carandvanfunding.co.uk/vw-sales-chief-rod-mcleods-to-head-skoda-uk 

Will he be making 'sweeping' changes??     :D

Doubt it.  Maybe preparing Skoda for break away from VW Group.   'Kidology'. 

Sweeping cost cutting,  just the usual, no Goodwill from Skoda ask the Dealerships.

Case closed bog off.

As to his knowledge of VW Group and its workings, surely with all these years in the system he knows the problems up to now.

Configurators, Brochures, Typos, lost in translation,  Never heard of that before', 'They all do that'. 

3 hours ago, Englando said:

Still waiting to hear where my BW8 car is.  The person in charge of my case with Skoda customer care is meant to be ringing me tomorrow after her investigation. Hoping for good news.  I assume no one else has heard anything about their delayed orders since the last updates on page 10?  

No, sorry Englando, mine is still at the of the build line so I take it waiting for the seats.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Englando said:

Nope Englando, my case manager will ring me next week with an update.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, been watching this topic with interest as our delivery has become frustrating. 

I think ours (edition 1.5 dsg quartz grey) was bw9 - though when we first ordered in January they were estimating being delivered mid to end of March. Unfortunately no updates were forthcoming until today and having heard from the dealer it seems they’ve run out of rear seats to put in our car. Been told they do not have a timescale of when this will be rectified and when it will arrive. 

Even phoned Volvo after having seen this for delivery times on the XC40 as a bad mood reaction to the news! On reflection, best to wait a bit until they at least have a timescale. Could be days, weeks... etc. The dealer mentioned to me he had a similar issue with a Kodiaq and Skoda Uk gave that customer £500 as an apology. 

Edited by sexdrugskaroqnroll

Hi guys. I am from Serbia, so obviously not from the UK, but I've been following this thread for a while now.

I ordered my Karoq 1.5 TSI Style (no equivalent trim in the UK, but I guess like SE with extra options) at the end of December (28/12). I was originally told it would be BW10 and then the car mysteriously dropped from the system and my dealer supposedly could not get any info for almost 2 weeks. They wrote to me yesterday, citing engine shortage as the cause of delay, and the new build week I got is BW25 (end of June). Now, I'm sure UK is a much higher priority market than Serbia so YMMV, but perhaps it's some consolation to you that the problem is not strictly UK-related. I'll go and negotiate with Skoda since I can't wait until BW25 + 1-2 weeks for delivery unless they promise me a replacement car from June since I'm selling my current car before 1/6. If they won't provide, I have options for several fully loaded 2017 Hyundai Tucsons and Kia Sportages with very low mileage for same money or less and considerably more equipment (AWD, automatic, leather, all the gadgets, etc).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orville said:

The Volvo (Geely) XC40 is a funky looking car, but the Chinese-parent co-development bit kind of puts me off.

Don’t let that put you off, go and see/drive one. I ordered an XC40 First Edition last weekend. It’s in a completely different league to the Karoq. Although the one I ordered was £39.5k the mthly PCP payments are only £30 more than the Karoq Edition 1.5Tsi I was quoted on ( the Volvo has much higher residual value ). Inside and outside it’s every inch Scandinavian.

1 hour ago, Rifleman said:

Don’t let that put you off, go and see/drive one. I ordered an XC40 First Edition last weekend. It’s in a completely different league to the Karoq. Although the one I ordered was £39.5k the mthly PCP payments are only £30 more than the Karoq Edition 1.5Tsi I was quoted on ( the Volvo has much higher residual value ). Inside and outside it’s every inch Scandinavian.

Your post inspired my call to Volvo as mentioned. It looks a very nice car and that version has so much kit. 

I’m staying patient for now - I don’t want to be too reactive with our situation, but to be honest, I like researching cars so looking at the XC40 reviews online at least kills some time on my train journey in the mornings! 

Had a call from Skoda customer support and my BW8 is finally complete and in its way to the UK with priority delivery.  Yey. 

It's frustrating not to get updates when you spend so much money and I would have considered going back to Volvo but the 6 year servicing costs on my old XC90 was going to be in the region of £900.  Just wasn't cost effective to keep it. I also am looking to keep my next car, the Karoq in my case, for 5 years at least so the final value on an XC40 would be too costly. I also don't actually like the design. I think the Karoq is understated with great views all round and extremely functional whilst cost efficient.  I'm back to being excited to getting it soon :-) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Englando said:

Had a call from Skoda customer support and my BW8 is finally complete and in its way to the UK with priority delivery.  Yey. 

It's frustrating not to get updates when you spend so much money and I would have considered going back to Volvo but the 6 year servicing costs on my old XC90 was going to be in the region of £900.  Just wasn't cost effective to keep it. I also am looking to keep my next car, the Karoq in my case, for 5 years at least so the final value on an XC40 would be too costly. I also don't actually like the design. I think the Karoq is understated with great views all round and extremely functional whilst cost efficient.  I'm back to being excited to getting it soon :-) 

Well thats excellent news maybe mine will be soon.

1 minute ago, Karman said:

Well thats excellent news maybe mine will be soon.

Fingers crossed for you Karman.  I'll be getting an update from them next Friday.  Hopefully this next storm doesn't put things back again. 

Just got a video email (that's a first) from the dealer to say our car has landed UK side. He'll email paperwork Monday and on receipt can firm up on handover date.

Karoq 1.0tsi SE DSG Black Magic Pearl ordered 22/01 BW9 only extras spare wheel and front sensors.

8 minutes ago, Michael G said:
Just got a video email (that's a first) from the dealer to say our car has landed UK side. He'll email paperwork Monday and on receipt can firm up on handover date.

Karoq 1.0tsi SE DSG Black Magic Pearl ordered 22/01 BW9 only extras spare wheel and front sensors.

Mine has still not made the journey from Grimsby to Doncaster yet, it will be 2 weeks on Tuesday since it was offloaded from the ship.  Looking on the VW/Audi website the shipping company are allowed 2 weeks to ship a car from Emden to UK port and 2 weeks from UK port to dealer. 

When mine landed in Grimsby the dealer emailed the DVLA registration document for me to sign.  However until the car arrives at the dealer he is unable to fix the handover day. He says that due to the snow we had 2 weeks ago and the number of cars ordered for 18 reg there is a backlog of VW/Audi and Skoda cars at Grimsby.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, pryorkshire said:

Mine has still not made the journey from Grimsby to Doncaster yet, it will be 2 weeks on Tuesday since it was offloaded from the ship.  Looking on the VW/Audi website the shipping company are allowed 2 weeks to ship a car from Emden to UK port and 2 weeks from UK port to dealer. 

When mine landed in Grimsby the dealer emailed the DVLA registration document for me to sign.  However until the car arrives at the dealer he is unable to fix the handover day. He says that due to the snow we had 2 weeks ago and the number of cars ordered for 18 reg there is a backlog of VW/Audi and Skoda cars at Grimsby.

We might be the same then pr, assuming Grimsby/Immingham services all Yorkshire etc. Dealer is DMK in Bradford.

Edited by Michael G
Added dealer location

Just been informed ours (BW8) has left the factory and on its way to the boat with an outside chance it'll be at the garage next weekend or so for an Easter weekend collection.

• Like 2