Delivery times

cjrp

Just for the record, I have been given a December delivery date for a 1.5 DSG petrol SE L if I order before 8 November.  Still not sure if the Karoq is for me but really surprised at the early delivery date.

Edited by Armafabia
Missing information

1 minute ago, Armafabia said:

Just for the record, I have been given a December delivery date for a 1.5 petrol SE L if I order before 8 November.  Still not sure if the Karoq is for me but really surprised at the early delivery date.

Wow! That sounds over optimistic unless it’s a stock vehicle as opposed to an individual order!

2 hours ago, Goldtw74 said:

I agree with using live chat. However when a major update happens and I find out from live chat 10 mins later I get an email from dealer saying say thing! So I guess they inform the dealer if you contact them.

If it hadn’t been for Live Chat, I would not have been able to follow the progress of my order cos I wasn’t getting regular updates from my dealer.

3 minutes ago, Skodaq said:

If it hadn’t been for Live Chat, I would not have been able to follow the progress of my order cos I wasn’t getting regular updates from my dealer.

I was getting the odd update from my dealer who always sounded so excited to tell me the news and I always acted surprised as I hadn't the heart to tell him that I was about three steps ahead of him the whole time.  :blush

3 minutes ago, IceyLady said:

I was getting the odd update from my dealer who always sounded so excited to tell me the news and I always acted surprised as I hadn't the heart to tell him that I was about three steps ahead of him the whole time.  :blush

Lol

Dealer just called me and asked me to sign the finance documents before I'd seen the car  - it hasn't arrived yet, it's still at the UK port. Told him I'd sign once I had seen it and he said I wouldn't be able to collect on the day I see it (hopefully this weekend) as the finance takes time to clear. Is this typical?

3 minutes ago, Stefanos said:

Dealer just called me and asked me to sign the finance documents before I'd seen the car  - it hasn't arrived yet, it's still at the UK port. Told him I'd sign once I had seen it and he said I wouldn't be able to collect on the day I see it (hopefully this weekend) as the finance takes time to clear. Is this typical?

I think it's standard procedure. I have signed my paperwork and am collecting on Saturday. I have seen my car but it wasn't ready, still in the foam and plastic, and it was sort of by chance as I had to go to the dealership for a different thing. 

Picked up mine from the dealers yesterday morning and after filling up the tank at my local Costco I took it for a spin. Much smoother than my previous Golf GT estate and way better all round visibility. Last night I took it out down some local unlit roads and what a difference the full LED lights make. Will get some photos on here soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skodaq said:

Picked up mine from the dealers yesterday morning and after filling up the tank at my local Costco I took it for a spin. Much smoother than my previous Golf GT estate and way better all round visibility. Last night I took it out down some local unlit roads and what a difference the full LED lights make. Will get some photos on here soon.

Fantastic! Congratulations, I look forward to seeing it. I'm picking mine up first thing tomorrow morning and plan to take it for a nice long spin, quite seriously bouncing off the walls now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NPH said:

My Superb Estate has been making its way to Emden for about 4 weeks. How do you know when it has left the port? Thanks

Contact Skoda UK Live Chat with your order number and they will update you.

7 minutes ago, NPH said:

Thanks. I contact them weekly and get the same response so I guessI just have to wait....

It shouldn’t take 4 weeks to get to Emden! My Karoq left Emden after a week to go to Grimsby and on the 6th day it was at the dealers.

On 28/10/2018 at 13:58, maestronutter said:

Dealer have been in touch and they are estimating 2nd week in November for us to collect our new Karoq. 

Let's see if it actually gets built next week, this has been a long and painful road....

Skoda Customer Care called today.

They said it is in transit to Grimsby on a vessel named "City of Rotterdam".

I have just checked and it docked at Grimsby 18:00hrs this evening.

Wooooooo!

• Like 1