Delivery times

cjrp

11 minutes ago, RCC49 said:

You can close the boot from the key fob, but you need to keep the button pressed for a second or two.

Is this true for cars with the electric boot, but no Kessy?

i’ve tried all combinations with both keys but no luck. Can only close it with the button on the boot. No major drama for me, but my wife’s keen to have that functionality.

Sorry, not sure about that.  I’ve got KESSY and that works for me.  Bit of a pain if you can’t use the key fob to close the boot.  It rather negates some of the benefit.

21 hours ago, Ragus said:

Car arrived safe and sound.

Generally over the moon, so much more comfortable.

Few thoughts:

The beeping when opening the electric tailgate is infuriating, the whole street must be able to hear it.

Why can’t you close the boot from the key fob?

Skoda Connect App is very limited.

I mostly open the tailgate with the boot button above the rear number plate, no beeps at all. Closing using the tailgate switch no beeps at all. I have the virtual pedal that opens the tailgate without beeps but will beep using the virtual pedal to close it. Opening or closing from inside using the interior switch gets a beep regardless on my car, a MY 19.

As for the app...  I've yet to install it....

I hope this helps.

21 hours ago, Ragus said:

Car arrived safe and sound.

Generally over the moon, so much more comfortable.

Few thoughts:

The beeping when opening the electric tailgate is infuriating, the whole street must be able to hear it.

Why can’t you close the boot from the key fob?

Skoda Connect App is very limited.

Glad it’s finally arrived!

I can’t comment on the boot situation as it’s one extra I didn’t have, but I agree with your comment about Skoda Connect, waste of time, I was looking forward to being able to check on the app if I had remembered to lock my car!

Mine only beeps if you open it using the switch on the driver's door - not if you use the button above the number plate. I've always assumed it is a safety issue to warn anyone standing close to the back of the car.

Hi, 

I'm interested in recent order experiences particularly with how long from placing an order with the dealer you've received a provision build week from the factory.

I ordered a standard Karoq 1.0 SE Tech with the dealer on the 19th July, 22nd August the order was accepted by the factory but as off 23rd Sept it is yet to have been updated with a provisional build week.

Are other people experiencing similar at the moment? 

I've been told from other dealers from order to collection is approximately 10-13 weeks.... For me it has been 10 weeks this Friday. What's the chance of me suddenly having a car to collect in a few weeks? Or more likely whenever it's updated it will be another 10+ weeks away?

Thanks

1 hour ago, jet-black said:

Hi, 

I'm interested in recent order experiences particularly with how long from placing an order with the dealer you've received a provision build week from the factory.

I ordered a standard Karoq 1.0 SE Tech with the dealer on the 19th July, 22nd August the order was accepted by the factory but as off 23rd Sept it is yet to have been updated with a provisional build week.

I've been told from other dealers from order to collection is approximately 10-13 weeks.... For me it has been 10 weeks this Friday. What's the chance of me suddenly having a car to collect in a few weeks? Or more likely whenever it's updated it will be another 10+ weeks away?

Thanks

Same car as yours ordered 22nd July, order confirmed 6th August, No build date yet.

Dave

17 hours ago, jet-black said:

Hi, 

Thanks

This was mine which arrived last week.

1.6TD SE Tech Energy Blue (not fussed) with electric boot. 13 weeks from order to delivery.

Car Ordered: 20th June - ETA mid August

Build Week Confirmed: 15th August - BW33

Confirmed Built and Left Factory: 24th August

Arrived at Emden: 27th August

Arrived at Grimsby: 9th September

Arrived at Dealer: 11th September

Delivery booked: 19th September

Just had an email from my dealer that delivery times for the model I have on order (a 1.0 SE Tech manual - no extras) has ben increased to 25+ weeks. I don't have a build date for mine yet which was ordered 22nd July with a 13 week estimate delivery. So no idea if mine will be built on time or put back an extra 12 weeks yet. 😞

Contact Skoda Live Chat - but you need the order number from the dealer

They should be able to advise if there is a confirmed build date.

As your car is already 10 weeks + into order - to meet your 13 week - it should be built this week - to be on way via ship next week..

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip on using Skoda Live Chat.

Confirmed the week of ordering my car delivery times we quoted as 13 weeks but I still haven't got a provisional build week. 

They confirmed that cars with the 1.0 TSI have a 25 week order time!

Confirmed that what matters is the delivery time as advised for the week of the order and not the current delivery time i.e 25 weeks. However, agreed it was highly unlikely that I would see my car in two weeks as originally discussed when ordering.

Told me to speak again with the dealer who I ordered with and raise the issue with them.

Cheers

Hi, if you were given a lead in time at the point of sale,and the lead time has changed you will probably be entitled to a loan car from Skoda. I would speak to Skoda Uk on the phone. I found them very helpful and they phoned me every couple of weeks with and up date. 

Edited by Bobwilson63

Spoke to Skoda UK on Friday and they confirmed they couldn't offer anything for the delay.

Spoke to Skoda on Monday via Live Chat and they have confirmed my order has finally been updated with a provisional build week of 4/11/19 so there is a chance I'll get it early December.

Pleased it has finally moved on but disappointed it's like 8 weeks later than promised.

Cheers   

On 08/10/2019 at 12:15, jet-black said:

Spoke to Skoda UK on Friday and they confirmed they couldn't offer anything for the delay.

Spoke to Skoda on Monday via Live Chat and they have confirmed my order has finally been updated with a provisional build week of 4/11/19 so there is a chance I'll get it early December.

Pleased it has finally moved on but disappointed it's like 8 weeks later than promised.

Cheers   

I have had an email from my dealer this morning confirming my provisional build week will also be 4/11/19 with delivery about 4 weeks later - the race is on 🙂

20 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

If a hard Brexit happens the end of the month - then YES - potentially we will need to pay an additional 10% import duty..

Is that ‘yes’ or ‘potentially’ then?

I very much doubt there will be any change in any import duties for several months at least..... it, then again, given how vindictive the EU can be be, there could be a special ‘export duty’ to be paid by Skoda?

I asked this very question when I placed my order, and obviously the dealer could not say for sure as we don't know what will happen until the date, but I have verbal confirmation that if the price alters, then I will have the option to cancel. 10% would definately make me think twice.

On 25/09/2019 at 13:34, jet-black said:

Hi, 

Thanks

I ordered my 1.5 SEL this weekend but had to choose from a model in stock at the docks in Calais as was told that for a factory built one it is a 25+ week lead time. That's absolutely crazy, that's April next year.

Should be taking delivery of mine in the next 3 weeks.

Anyone know if this is likely to be the facelifted 2020 model? Didn't ask the dealer!