Delivery times

cjrp

1 hour ago, George1468 said:

Same as me paid my deposit trade price is what it is. Every payment being made now brings down monthly payment it's on pcp   

Same with us. We specifically asked that question in January when we ordered, knowing that we'd have a couple of months extra mileage. The reply "yes, but you'll have paid extra months too, assuming mileage was as estimated". It was. So all numbers held firm when we picked the car up on 30/03.

This was with our yeti, on a PCP. And it was only 2 years in, with another 18 months to go.

Don't know how they estimate on a car owned outright.

Edited by Michael G

14 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Same with us. We specifically asked that question in January when we ordered, knowing that we'd have a couple of months extra mileage. The reply "yes, but you'll have paid extra months too, assuming mileage was as estimated". It was. So all numbers held firm when we picked the car up on 30/03.

This was with our yeti, on a PCP. And it was only 2 years in, with another 18 months to go.

Don't know how they estimate on a car owned outright.

Mine is owned outright so not on pcp. Anyone having a similar experience or can provide any tips/suggestions for the next steps?

3 minutes ago, ronster007 said:

Mine is owned outright so not on pcp. Anyone having a similar experience or can provide any tips/suggestions for the next steps?

you dont have to have a pcp once you agree a price you pay a deposit that holds that price your dealer sounds like he is playing you

6 minutes ago, ronster007 said:

Also owed outright and was told by dealer that if there were long delays on the Karoq then it was their issue.

So the price will not change no matter how long the wait.

I sold my car to Evans Halshaw and got £1600 more than the dealer was offering for trade in. There are a number of companies buying in second hand cars for cash and I found it to be pretty hassle free to do. Once you know when the new car is due to arrive, it is worth getting a few quotes on line. You may get a much better deal that way.

Fabman. Don’t want to put a down on your good news but as I said earlier. Mine arrived in emden on 21 April and now. Over 3 weeks later it is still parked in the dockside car park and hasn’t even been assigned to a ship.now given a high priority by Skoda.,whatever that is.  But that was over a week ago and it’s still sitting there!!!!!

Prokaryotic. See my earlier posts.  My build week went from week 11 to week 16 with no explanation as to why. Now approaching 4weeks on the quay at Emden  again no reason why.  You will find that , according to Skoda, patience is very much a virtue !!!!!!  Over 18 weeks in my case and still no end in sight.

I ordered a  1.0 Tsi DSG SEL with options last week, was told it would be here end of July, looks like it may be on a new plate by the time it arrives if delivery times are so bad!!!

6 hours ago, prokaryotic said:

just received email from 'dealer' that factory has shifted my provisonal bulit week 20 to parovisonal bult week 25 ! has anybody encounterd this situation ?

Hi yes I order mid March had an unconfirmed build week 20 then within 3 weeks it was pushed back to unconfirmed week 23 ( 4th June). Heard nothing from the dealer for last two weeks so hoping that it doesn't change again but having read all the posts on here who knows! 

16 weeks for me and still counting ..... one of my relatives was thinking of ordering one but having listened to my tale of woe is looking elsewhere and I may be joining him any time soon ...... take a deep breath and count to 10!

Hi - adding to the knowledge pool ordered Karoq 1.5 SE in Energy Blue 6th April with an estimated build week of 20, Skoda confirmed today that it has been built and is on the way to Emden. Sounds like estimated pick of 22nd June may happen. Skoda chat very good by the way - helpful and informed. 

On 14/05/2018 at 21:10, pheebs said:

Also owed outright and was told by dealer that if there were long delays on the Karoq then it was their issue.

So the price will not change no matter how long the wait.

Questioned the dealer on this and they refuse to do anything with regards to price. Have told me I can cancel my order and get deposit refunded as they are happy to retain car as stock. Fab customer service I have to say!!!!

• Sad 1

@ronster007 

That is bad practice. My Karok handover was to be 13 weeks, in fact it was 14 weeks. But the dealer made it clear that whilst it was tricky to value a car 3 months in advance, he would honour the trade in agreed, even if the car was late arriving.

Maybe now waiting lists are longer they would do differently. 

Cheeky though - they know they will sell your car fast if you cancel.

16 hours ago, westend_jon said:

Hi - adding to the knowledge pool ordered Karoq 1.5 SE in Energy Blue 6th April with an estimated build week of 20, Skoda confirmed today that it has been built and is on the way to Emden. Sounds like estimated pick of 22nd June may happen. Skoda chat very good by the way - helpful and informed. 

Comments on Skoda chat interesting 

i just received the attached from my dealer in response to my request for the order number enabling me to use chat......''

Re Skoda Order Number, Due to production delays, ( high volume of sales ) and Skoda getting inundated with calls and emails. They have asked not to give this out at the moment. However, please feel free to contact me by email/ phone for updates as I’ve still got access.''

what a way to run a business! 

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

i just received the attached from my dealer in response to my request for the order number enabling me to use chat......''

Re Skoda Order Number, Due to production delays, ( high volume of sales ) and Skoda getting inundated with calls and emails. They have asked not to give this out at the moment. However, please feel free to contact me by email/ phone for updates as I’ve still got access.''

What is sad is that the dealer didn’t offer to update you regularly but expected you to contact them.

3 hours ago, Dunks said:

I didn't have the order number either but the guy on the chat looked me up using my name. I was straight into the chat session too so didn't appear to be overly busy

39 minutes ago, westend_jon said:

I didn't have the order number either but the guy on the chat looked me up using my name. I was straight into the chat session too so didn't appear to be overly busy

I tried the name approach after I saw one of your posts a while ago.

but they refused to help me, said they could only use the order number to access the information.

I guess it depends on who you get.

Spoke to Skoda chat this morning and now confirmed build next week. 1.6 diesel SEL with acc. So they have some varioflex seats around. Not gonna hold my breath regardless as looking at some of the posts wherein built but sitting on the dockside for weeks.

Test drove a Sportage GT line this morning, apart from the cabin feeling a bit outdated it wasn’t a bad drive. A wee bit floaty compared to the brief time I had in the Karoq, but not bad at all.

Ordered a 1.5 DSG SEL today

12 to 14 weeks suggested. About the same time frame my friend was quoted on his Ateca.  That only took 11 months to arrive.....time will tell 

Will be be sorry to see the Yeti go. 

58 minutes ago, Dratuk said:

Spoke to Skoda chat this morning and now confirmed build next week. 1.6 diesel SEL with acc. So they have some varioflex seats around. Not gonna hold my breath regardless as looking at some of the posts wherein built but sitting on the dockside for weeks.

Test drove a Sportage GT line this morning, apart from the cabin feeling a bit outdated it wasn’t a bad drive. A wee bit floaty compared to the brief time I had in the Karoq, but not bad at all.

I traded my Sportage in after just 2 years. I think the Karok superior. Kias engines are dire.

10 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

I traded my Sportage in after just 2 years. I think the Karok superior. Kias engines are dire.

I would agree. The 2.0L diesel is noisy, my brother in law has one, build quality isn’t as good. I tried the 1.7L diesel which I found pretty quiet and punchy, certainly adequate enough for what I need the car for. Dated yes but I gather it is being replaced later this year.

Still no matter my Karoq is being built next week and in truth I would have been pretty naffed off if I had to cancel the order.

4 minutes ago, Dratuk said:

I would agree. The 2.0L diesel is noisy, my brother in law has one, build quality isn’t as good. I tried the 1.7L diesel which I found pretty quiet and punchy, certainly adequate enough for what I need the car for. Dated yes but I gather it is being replaced later this year.

Still no matter my Karoq is being built next week and in truth I would have been pretty naffed off if I had to cancel the order.

Mine was a First Edition, top of the range, 2l diesel. Just never took to it! But i absolutely love the Karok. SE L had all the gizmos I wanted, just added heated windscreen and heated steering wheel.

10 hours ago, 33q said:

Ordered a 1.5 DSG SEL today

12 to 14 weeks suggested. About the same time frame my friend was quoted on his Ateca.  That only took 11 months to arrive.....time will tell 

Will be be sorry to see the Yeti go. 

Hope you do get it in that timeframe as dealer here saying wait time now 6 months+!