Delivery times

cjrp

2 minutes ago, Currys86 said:

Denis Horton Skoda in Lincoln? .. We were also promised loan car then all of a sudden it's disappeared, not to mention the lack of updates. We ordered around a month ago and have been told to expect delivery in October. This is my first Skoda purchase and will probably be my last.

Yep. I was dealing with Paul H previously and I was quite happy, now not so much. Car is on PCH so not a lot of profit for Horton. Sad thing is even if I am forced cancel if they won’t provide a car it won’t matter to them as it will be sold pretty quickly.

I rely on a car for work, cover the UK in a sales role, so can’t be without one.

I was asked if I could extend my current PCH which I possibly could but I would then have pay out for short term car insurance.

sorry for the rant, the not knowing is starting to get to me. 

2 minutes ago, Dratuk said:

Yep. I was dealing with Paul H previously and I was quite happy, now not so much. Car is on PCH so not a lot of profit for Horton. Sad thing is even if I am forced cancel if they won’t provide a car it won’t matter to them as it will be sold pretty quickly.

I rely on a car for work, cover the UK in a sales role, so can’t be without one.

I was asked if I could extend my current PCH which I possibly could but I would then have pay out for short term car insurance.

sorry for the rant, the not knowing is starting to get to me. 

That's the bind I'm in. The Mrs is due to give birth in late August so it's important we have a car by then.  The service has been really not what I expected, lots of agreeing to get you over the line, but not wanting to know anything about it once you've paid the deposit. 

I've had a such a better experience with other brands, if it was up to me I would walk away but the Mrs really like the car.

29 minutes ago, Currys86 said:

Denis Horton Skoda in Lincoln? .. We were also promised loan car then all of a sudden it's disappeared, not to mention the lack of updates. We ordered around a month ago and have been told to expect delivery in October. This is my first Skoda purchase and will probably be my last.

Also ordered from Horton in Lincoln, they promised regular updates but have to keep chasing. Was told last week mine was due to be built this week, fingers crossed this has happened, I guess I will have to chase next week to confirm if that is the case. 

Hi quick update ordered 1.5 SE in Energy Blue 6th April with an estimated delivery date of 20th June. Car is in UK and waiting for transporter to Harrogate so car should be here by estimated date or thereabouts. Reflecting on other posts above this seems to be a popular car so inevitably demand is outstripping demand hence extended timescales for delivery. I'm also conscious that Skoda have a big incentive to get cars delivered as soon as possible so they get our money so I'm guessing they are doing their best to get cars delivered as soon as possible and the delays many are experiencing are as big an issue for Skoda as their customers.    

• Like 1

21 hours ago, westend_jon said:

Hi quick update ordered 1.5 SE in Energy Blue 6th April with an estimated delivery date of 20th June. Car is in UK and waiting for transporter to Harrogate so car should be here by estimated date or thereabouts. Reflecting on other posts above this seems to be a popular car so inevitably demand is outstripping demand hence extended timescales for delivery. I'm also conscious that Skoda have a big incentive to get cars delivered as soon as possible so they get our money so I'm guessing they are doing their best to get cars delivered as soon as possible and the delays many are experiencing are as big an issue for Skoda as their customers.    

I think you will have been extremely fortunate to get your car so soon, given the experiences of other posters on this thread. Enjoy your car!

21 hours ago, westend_jon said:

Ours was 9 weeks start to finish.

Look out for a black one on our frequent Bettys trips :thumbup:

Enjoy :biggrin:

22 hours ago, westend_jon said:

I am still waiting for car ordered last week in January. So to say my timescale is extended is an understatement. If Skoda are “doing their best” I would hate to experience their worst. One experience of Skoda is enough for me ... there will never be another!! 

1 hour ago, Coburg said:

I am still waiting for car ordered last week in January. So to say my timescale is extended is an understatement. If Skoda are “doing their best” I would hate to experience their worst. One experience of Skoda is enough for me ... there will never be another!! 

What spec did you go for and any extras?   I had to wait 8 months for my previous VW Golf.   It was a frustrating wait so I know how you feel.   The excitement of getting the new car evaporated as time wore on but once it arrived and the car exceeded my expectations, the long wait was soon forgotten.   Hang in there, the Karoq is a great car.   I collected mine yesterday and I’m well impressed. 

Picking mine up on fri 15th of June they still haven't pdi it yet so popped in sat to have a look they said can you pick car up Tuesday this is when I told them I'm picking up Friday morning   :angry:

Should of seen there faces :o my car was there on Wednesday but they were more interested in the summer event that on this weekend Fishing starts on June 16th must see if all my kit fits in car fingers crossed :blush

12 hours ago, MASS1 said:

What spec did you go for and any extras?   I had to wait 8 months for my previous VW Golf.   It was a frustrating wait so I know how you feel.   The excitement of getting the new car evaporated as time wore on but once it arrived and the car exceeded my expectations, the long wait was soon forgotten.   Hang in there, the Karoq is a great car.   I collected mine yesterday and I’m well impressed. 

Ordered 1.5 SE L DSG with no extras. My issue is that there are many others on here who have received similar specified cars already,  having ordered weeks and in some cases months after me ... and I wouldn’t have waited 8 months for any car, certainly not a Golf.

Gave Skoda a message today for an update, got told that’s it’s at sheerness and landed in the uk over the weekend. Only the end of last week that they told me that it was at emden, so I’m chuffed with that. 

Just waiting transport now. 

Contacted the dealer afterwards and asked if I could choose the reg plate. So he sent me over the choices (4 to choose from). Also mentioned that if it’s to close to the end of the month can they hold it until July 1st so I don’t loose the tax, which he seems to agree :)

Finally getting closer now. 

Ordered a Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG on 3rd May. Have had various dates given to me regarding a build week with two of them being confirmed dates one towards the end of September. When I said this was way longer than I was originally given to expect I received an email from Skoda UK saying they had made an error and they have no idea what the build week is and I should ask them again in 3 weeks time !!! Think I will have to cancel order :sadsmile:

• Like 1

Just had my 3rd chat with Skoda following my delivery of a 1.5 DSG SEL ordered early March moved from build week 21 to week 32 by the dealer. I was then told by Skoda UK that the build date had always been week 27 which is 3rd July. They have now acknowledged the factory is in fact shutdown for 4 weeks of July 2018 hence my dealers date of beginning of August build maybe being more accurate. They claimed they were not aware of the shutdown until they investigated themselves! 

Anybody here given a build date during July should ask for clarification. 

I really have no faith when it will ever get built! 

25 minutes ago, Geoff W said:

Just had my 3rd chat with Skoda following my delivery of a 1.5 DSG SEL ordered early March moved from build week 21 to week 32 by the dealer. I was then told by Skoda UK that the build date had always been week 27 which is 3rd July. They have now acknowledged the factory is in fact shutdown for 4 weeks of July 2018 hence my dealers date of beginning of August build maybe being more accurate. They claimed they were not aware of the shutdown until they investigated themselves! 

Anybody here given a build date during July should ask for clarification. 

I really have no faith when it will ever get built! 

Traditionally Skoda close the factories about this time to refurb, change product lines etc. To say they are unaware that this could happen beggars belief.

remember if their lips move they are lying...……..a month long  factory shutdown is planned well in advance and would have been factored in when build week is given

• Like 1

Not sure where Geoff W gets his "Build Week" dates from ( Wk 27 = 3rd July) - my Build Week has been given as Wk 35, which I'm informed is week commencing 18 June ! I really hope my information is the correct one ! 

13 minutes ago, JKW said:

Not sure where Geoff W gets his "Build Week" dates from ( Wk 27 = 3rd July) - my Build Week has been given as Wk 35, which I'm informed is week commencing 18 June ! I really hope my information is the correct one ! 

Week 35 is the last week in August. This week is 24. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JKW said:

W/C 18/06 is Wk 25.

https://www.epochconverter.com/weeks/2018

3 hours ago, DaveOL said:

Ordered a Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG on 3rd May. Have had various dates given to me regarding a build week with two of them being confirmed dates one towards the end of September. When I said this was way longer than I was originally given to expect I received an email from Skoda UK saying they had made an error and they have no idea what the build week is and I should ask them again in 3 weeks time !!! Think I will have to cancel order :sadsmile:

Hi Skoda have cancelled my order for the 1.5 edition dsg i ordered on the 29th of may  Skoda UK are saying no more orders are being taken for the 1.5 edition model as it is being discontinued for the foreseeable future as they are so far behind in orders, and are only supplying builds up to sept this year I am gutted as I can't even find a nearly new one anywhere only diesel 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ry123 said:

Hi Skoda have cancelled my order for the 1.5 edition dsg i ordered on the 29th of may  Skoda UK are saying no more orders are being taken for the 1.5 edition model as it is being discontinued for the foreseeable future as they are so far behind in orders, and are only supplying builds up to sept this year I am gutted as I can't even find a nearly new one anywhere only diesel 

Really sorry to hear that, pretty crap service from Skoda, I fear they are going to cancel my order as well but haven’t the nerve to tell me yet. 

Info for anyone who has ordered a Skoda 1.5 tsi edition dsg or manual  they are being discontinued mine was ordered on the 29th may and dealer has cancelled my order due to them being discontinued , so I rang Skoda UK and they have confirmed no more will be built after sept build and none for 2019, what a load of **** as I am gutted as I don't want another diesel or the lesser spec and pay over the odds to spec it to an edition model, think I will have to look at the ateca now, 

But you can order a lower spec model and have all the edition spec fitted and then pay over the odds ????? surely Skoda trying to rip us off just like EU models already have the digital info display already fitted and UK waiting again  

Edited by ry123
missed some wording

Proberly won’t meet European emissions when tested so shipping them off to China.

Edited by Sad555
  • Haha 1