Delivery times

cjrp

I've spoken to Skoda today and they tell me that the 1.5 petrol engine has been withdrawn from the range completely. Also that the 1.6 diesel will not be allowed to tow and no dealer will be allowed to fit a tow bar with this engine. Also that the Edition model is being withdrawn and will be replaced with the SE Navigator model. 

The WLTP emissions test results will be released end of July to August. 

But of a bummer as I was just about to place this order but they are not accepting any orders currently. 

21 minutes ago, Timmh said:

I've spoken to Skoda today and they tell me that the 1.5 petrol engine has been withdrawn from the range completely. Also that the 1.6 diesel will not be allowed to tow and no dealer will be allowed to fit a tow bar with this engine. Also that the Edition model is being withdrawn and will be replaced with the SE Navigator model. 

But of a bummer as I was just about to place this order but they are not accepting any orders currently. 

If this is the case Skoda are going to alienate a very large number of UK buyers who will vote with their feet and walk away, does this also mean that all VAG vehicles that use this engine will also be affected?

I have owned a Seat Leon with the 1.4ACT engine and my current car is a VW Tiguan SE Nav with the same engine, the engine is superb with the right amount of power and fuel efficiency hence the reason why was hopefully going to order a 1.5 Edition with DSG, I was told last week that the Edition had been cancelled so was waiting for an update from my dealer who said that there is a Fleet Meeting at Milton Keynes on the 24th July which hopefully will give me an idea on MY19 models and specs before placing a new order.

1 hour ago, Timmh said:

Really ??? I find that a bit odd to say the least ??

1 hour ago, Timmh said:

This is getting ridiculous now! We had a test drive last weekend and was told we could put a £500 deposite down and they would submit our order when Skoda were accepting orders for the SE L 1.5.  It would be on a 68 plate and have the new digital speedo etc.

2 minutes ago, Sockman said:

This is getting ridiculous now! We had a test drive last weekend and was told we could put a £500 deposite down and they would submit our order when Skoda were accepting orders for the SE L 1.5.  It would be on a 68 plate and have the new digital speedo etc.

I also asked about the digital instrument panel and they said they had no information about when this was going to be available in the UK. This was Skoda customer service rather than a dealer btw. 

Dealers can sell you vehicles they have in stock of course but the engine is no longer being made. 

Hmmm I wonder what it means for those who have those engines? Will they retrospectively say that you can't tow with the diesel.

It has started to make me wonder if it is better to hold off any orders until they sort out WLTP and what that means for their vehicles.

I guess eventually it will come out what is going on, does not sound good....

I really don't know what to do now! Guess we may have to look at another manufacturer. We really wanted a Karoq but it's getting rather silly. Very disappointed.

1 hour ago, MJ1 said:

Hmmm I wonder what it means for those who have those engines? Will they retrospectively say that you can't tow with the diesel.

It has started to make me wonder if it is better to hold off any orders until they sort out WLTP and what that means for their vehicles.

I guess eventually it will come out what is going on, does not sound good....

No if you've already got a 1.6 diesel it won't come under the new emissions programme

I think it's about time Skoda UK came out with a clear honest statement about the Karoq that is going to be built after production resumes as the 2019 specification. There is now too much conjecture and rumour floating around this forum and others fueled by Skoda's inability to communicate with there customers and dealers in a professional way. It really is no surprise that orders are being cancelled. Don't they realise how many cars are in stock in competitor's dealerships? My Karoq has been on order since early March with no idea if or when it will be supplied. Maybe if would be good to start a discussion on what is the best alternative out there! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Timmh said:

I've spoken to Skoda today and they tell me that the 1.5 petrol engine has been withdrawn from the range completely.

I'm not doubting that you have accurately reported what you were told Timmh, but if that does indeed turn out to be the case then, as others have said, it will leave a great number of disgruntled prospective customers, many of whom will probably look elsewhere.  It also brings into question earlier information that they were going to be introducing a 1.5TSI 4X4.

Unless they have been experiencing major reliability problems with the 1.5 engine (and nothing to that effect on this forum)  it again does not make sense as it is a new engine, intended to replace the 1.4 TSI motor.

Or they could be withdrawing the 1.5TSI from the Karoq as it was/is such a good combination that supply is truly outstripping demand and by withdrawing it (temporarily or permanently) they will gain some breathing space.

As Doogle69 has said, Skoda is woefully mishandling the supply of information and it looks like we will just have to wait until the end of this month/beginning of August to obtain some clarity.  In that regard we are probably in much the same position as your friendly Skoda dealer!

Incidentally I too had heard from a Skoda dealer that a SE Navigator model was being introduced.  I was told to replace the Edition (which we know from other posts has now been withdrawn), but I doubt if it is a direct replacement, more an additional spec option between SE and SE L.

^^^ Those cars in stock in other dealers will need to be First Registered before September in they have no WLTP or they will not be getting First Registered in September or later.

Lots of Sales Executives are still un-aware or just not communicating with Customers or potential customers.

Loads of unregistered stock needs shifting in the next 2 months in the UK.

Cars coming into the UK soon as well that will need First Registering to be sold pre-September.

Then there are all these Demonstrators / Ex Management / Lease cars to punt that the UK is sinking under the weight of after all the great Leasing / Finance deals with car on the dtip for the past 2 or 3 years.

PS

Some misunderstanding,  just the 1.5 TSI without a GPF can not be ordered now, the engines with WLTP testing and figures are coming.

Diesels as well.

As to 1.6 TDI's and no AdBlue, well that must be an amazing thing, low emissions and economy and no SCR.

Edited by Offski

10 minutes ago, Portman said:

I'm not doubting that you have accurately reported what you were told Timmh, but if that does indeed turn out to be the case then, as others have said, it will leave a great number of disgruntled prospective customers, many of whom will probably look elsewhere.  It also brings into question earlier information that they were going to be introducing a 1.5TSI 4X4.

Unless they have been experiencing major reliability problems with the 1.5 engine (and nothing to that effect on this forum)  it again does not make sense as it is a new engine, intended to replace the 1.4 TSI motor.

Or they could be withdrawing the 1.5TSI from the Karoq as it was/is such a good combination that supply is truly outstripping demand and by withdrawing it (temporarily or permanently) they will gain some breathing space.

As Doogle69 has said, Skoda is woefully mishandling the supply of information and it looks like we will just have to wait until the end of this month/beginning of August to obtain some clarity.  In that regard we are probably in much the same position as your friendly Skoda dealer!

Incidentally I too had heard from a Skoda dealer that a SE Navigator model was being introduced.  I was told to replace the Edition (which we know from other posts has now been withdrawn), but I doubt if it is a direct replacement, more an additional spec option between SE and SE L.

I took what he was saying to mean that the 1.5tsi engine is no longer being produced so that means across all vw group. 

He also said the SE Navigator will be available for the 1 litre model. 

It infers to me that the 1.5 has not passed the WLTP test or had made it uneconomical etc

12 minutes ago, Nemutai said:

The 1.5 is still available on the T-Roc configurator. 

I don't know What  is going on with Skoda because as you quite rightly say there doesn't seem to be a problem speccing the 1.5 Evo in the 150ps variant on a number of different models, the other difference is Skoda UK have a disclaimer regarding certain models are not available to order but to contact your retailer who don't seem to have a clue as to what is going on. I am going to wait until after 24th July when there is a Fleet Management meeting at Milton Keynes that my dealer will be attending, he seems to be quite good and upfront and has kept me informed so far so time will tell.

11 hours ago, Timmh said:

I've spoken to Skoda today and they tell me that the 1.5 petrol engine has been withdrawn from the range completely.

@Timmh - What absolute tosh! 'Tis no wonder the "wee man across the pond" aka POTUS keeps harking on about fake news. 

Factory production of the Karoq with 1.5 TSI ACT 110 kW 4x2 MAN 6St. and 1.5 TSI ACT 110 kW 4x2 DSG 7St. variants are scheduled to commence as from Wk 38, ie mid September.

Similarly, factory production of the Karoq with 1.5 TSI 110 kW 4x4 DSG 7St. and 2.0 TSI 140 kW 4x4 DSG 7St. variants are scheduled to commence as from Wk 48, ie the last week of November.

It remains to be seen which actual variants will be offered here by Skoda UK and when dealers are able to accept and process orders, let alone quote accurate delivery times.

image.thumb.png.4d7ebdd952db5b9b88e76c2228addbf3.png

Edited by Arkaig
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Timmh said:

There is currently a range rationalisation, and certain revised engines do not start production until the Autumn.

I think the biggest problem is dealers confusing and mis-using terms : withdrawn; stopped; suspended; cancelled; withheld etc

Clearly there is big difference between an order list temporarily closed and the model spec withdrawn forever, but the way some use the terms, potential customer is clearly getting wrong message.

One thing that is bound to disappear is vast numbers of individual options, much more likely to be 2 or 3 option packs as it simplifies WLTP, as less different weights

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

I think the biggest problem is dealers confusing and mis-using terms : withdrawn; stopped; suspended; cancelled; withheld etc

Clearly there is big difference between an order list temporarily closed and the model spec withdrawn forever, but the way some use the terms, potential customer is clearly getting wrong message.

I think you've hit the nail on the head SurreyJohn.  Dealers can't always be trusted to communicate information correctly.

Which is perhaps why Skoda keep them in the dark most of the time!

Just had further communication from Skoda Uk, my vehicle is having another week in Emden. Ordered 13th March built in April and part of the Seatgate saga! Ah well, can't be many more weeks now surely?!!

3 hours ago, Keithjock said:

Just had further communication from Skoda Uk, my vehicle is having another week in Emden. Ordered 13th March built in April and part of the Seatgate saga! Ah well, can't be many more weeks now surely?!!

I think yours must be keeping mine company! Ordered March built 4th June, at Emden since, well it depends who you talk to, been told 8th June and 15th June, either way no sign of it getting shipped. Just been told it will be shipped in line with how long it's been sat at the port. Not so sure about that given what I have read on here 

Mine sat at Emden from 29th May to 23rd June and has now sat at Grimsby from 25th June.  Ordered 13th Feb, built week 20.  No one cares.