Delivery times

cjrp

I found it odd aswell that’s why I was askin u guys dealer phoned me after I posted said if I want my car I’ve ordered I must wait until feb at least bit if I will accept a white one I can have it first week in nov it’s a disability car order any chance mine came and he sold it to someone else 

i doubt they will have sold it on - when we ordered in August we were told it was going to be december delivery, which dealer has now said could be as late as march.  We are also motability customers

my dealer contacted me last week and asked if i wanted a a white one instead of petrol blue and by the time we called him back to say yes it had already gone :( 

Neilsam55,

do you mean it is from Motability and they are buying it?  Have you contacted Motability & also Skoda UK CS?

What is on your Motability application and acceptance, and will Motability accept a 'White' one,  is it Solid white or Metallic?

There are possible issues there.  I suggest you talk to Motability.

I have been told my 1.5 TSI SEL DSG has arrived in the UK.  Looks like the actually delivery will only be 3 weeks later than that quoted when I ordered on 5 May 2018. Hope it is worth the wait!

My SE-L td takes the p.

I asked about bringing it back for first service and oil change at 500 miles. (I'm old fashioned). They said "See you in 20,000 miles or two years.

The Factory Oil is just right to help 'Drive in / Run in ' a new engine.

a Oil & Filter change before 10,000 miles is 'Simply Clever' if your car is a keeper IMO.   

@ 500 miles the  suspension, brakes and tyres are not run in often, let alone the engine starting to get nice and starting to settle.

1 hour ago, DaveWK said:

My SE-L td takes the p.

I asked about bringing it back for first service and oil change at 500 miles. (I'm old fashioned). They said "See you in 20,000 miles or two years.

Hi Dave. That’s exactly what VW said to me when I got my present car! I know that it’s s hard to believe if you’re ‘old school’ but it’s true. Besides, with modern computerised systems you will get a warning on your dash when the car’s onboard computer works out you need to get the car serviced!

It comes from the Factory set on Variable, so for about 18,000 - 20,000 miles depending on a VW, Audi, Skoda or Seat.

Or at the PDI a Tech / Fitter might reset to Fixed and 9,400 miles / 372 days.

& if they mess up it might have the Service & Oil Change showing different miles / times.   So much for computerised.  Just Service Indicators.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

7 hours ago, DaveWK said:

My SE-L td takes the p.

If it’s a lease, then any long term damage will be someone else’s problem 

If the car is to be kept, change the oil much sooner.   Remember if engine feels tight for first 2k - 3k Miles then that loosening must be microscopic fragments of metal grinding off which must end up in the oil 

That was the reasoning to change oil after only 500 miles running in 40 years ago, although pistons are machined to much better tolerances these days.

As much as I would have liked a karoq I went for an Outlander eventually as I thought the stock levels would be an issue after waiting so long for the new emissions spec to be released. 

It'll be said to leave Skoda but I'm now getting a bigger car that costs less to lease and is more economical to run and has a greener footprint.

13 hours ago, COYIWELLS said:

I have been told my 1.5 TSI SEL DSG has arrived in the UK.  Looks like the actually delivery will only be 3 weeks later than that quoted when I ordered on 5 May 2018. Hope it is worth the wait!

Mine was suggested to be end of September.....So I hope only about 3 weeks late.

59 minutes ago, Timmh said:

As much as I would have liked a karoq I went for an Outlander eventually as I thought the stock levels would be an issue after waiting so long for the new emissions spec to be released. 

It'll be said to leave Skoda but I'm now getting a bigger car that costs less to lease and is more economical to run and has a greener footprint.

Are you sure about economical part? 
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/wltp/

If it actually uses less litres of fuel in the real world & not more with the price of electricity and the money it costs annually to run because the UK Chancellor gives good tax breaks then that means 'More Economically sensible'.

Then one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.  ie a car you do not have and can not drive is not Economic, Skoda should know that. It is 'Simply Clever'.

Edited by Offski
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cvak said:

Are you sure about economical part? 
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/wltp/

I should have mentioned that it's the PHEV version I've gone for so yes it's much more economical for me as most of my driving is local and therefore can be done on electric. It's about £1 to charge for about 27 to 30 miles depending how you drive and use air con etc

• Like 1

Placed order on 22nd July for SE L 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with heated windscreen, steel spacesaver spare wheel plus Isofix on front passenger seat.

Robert at West End Garage Edinburgh has sent regular video updates.

It was a confirmed build for Week 36 but unfortunately that coincided with the switch from production to WLTP testing and the build didn't proceed.

Just had another video update from the dealer advising that the car is built and is now en route to Emden.

Expected ETA at the dealership is about 2.5 weeks from now. Unfortunately I will be away on vacation by then so the dealership will need to babysit it for a couple of weeks until we get back.

Something to look forward to!!!

• Like 1

Had wanted to trade in my Yeti for a 1.5 TSI DSG next year for delivery March. Would have liked Edition so I thought I would ask Skoda UK if they were intending to reintroduce the model for next year and what delivery forecast was for any 1.5 powered model. Their reply below was quite surprising. 

Thank you for your recent contact with ŠKODA UK Customer Services. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I’m glad to hear that you’re looking at upgrading to the KAROQ Edition.

Regarding your query, whether the KODIAQ Edition comes with a 1.5 engine next year or not is currently unknown.
The KAROQ Edition trim level will be available with the following engines:
  • 2.0 TDI SCR 150 PS 4x4
  • 2.0 TDI SCR 150 PS 4x4 DSG
The KAROQ Edition is currently unavailable to order, however, I recommend keeping in contact with your local Authorised ŠKODA Retailer to see when it is available.

Collected my car yesterday.  Only driven it a few miles but really pleased with it so far.

The salesman was talking about a new Skoda (most models) ordered now would be delivered in about 9 months.  Admittedly, he wasn't expecting to sell me a new car so he didn't qualify that but it does seem in line with the other posts from people who have been enquiring about new cars recently.  Looks like the only option for a quicker delivery is to take a stock vehicle.

Edited by Teds
missing words