Delivery times

cjrp

So my Karoq (1,5 TSI 110 kW DSG - Style edition in Black magic) is at home. I attach an evening photo from the first trip. Meanwhile, I'm very satisfied with driving behavior (as expected), DSG suits me well, I'm really happy with digital instrument panel and all the vehicle configuration options (which I'm just exploring). Delivery time less than two months - but only by taking over the order of another customer.

Karoq_1.jpg

Karoq_2.jpg

Edited by nebhet
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jim69 said:

That’s a long wait don’t think I would’ve been prepared to wait that long was giving my dealer another 2 weeks and was going to cancel 

UK seems to be a special case, maybe there is a special line for right hand drive cars. We have ordered ours in the late June, it is build week 50 and pick up is in February here in Finland. It makes over 7 months.

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Finn said:

UK seems to be a special case, maybe there is a special line for right hand drive cars. We have ordered ours in the late June, it is build week 50 and pick up is in February here in Finland. It makes over 7 months.

I ordered mine in July and was told by dealer 10 or 11 weeks has taken almost twice that my last 3 new cars took 6 to 8 weeks from placing order to build although they weren’t skoda’s if I’d been told the truth about how long it would take to build I wouldn’t have bothered as other cars I was looking at were 6 to 10 weeks to build but again that’s what the dealer was saying and all you can do is take them at their word 

12 hours ago, Jim69 said:

I ordered mine in July and was told by dealer 10 or 11 weeks has taken almost twice that my last 3 new cars took 6 to 8 weeks from placing order to build although they weren’t skoda’s if I’d been told the truth about how long it would take to build I wouldn’t have bothered as other cars I was looking at were 6 to 10 weeks to build but again that’s what the dealer was saying and all you can do is take them at their word 

The original delivery time was late March 2019, which was told when ordering, now it is 4-7 weeks earlier.

The waiting time is long, but no worries, driving the recent Octavia as long as needed.

13 minutes ago, MARKINCREWE said:

Had a phone this morning I am picking up my Karoq 1.6 Diesel SEL Auto on the  Friday 21st December at 11am Cannot wait

Yay! Just in time for Christmas! Happy Mororing.

Afternoon all,

My Karoq (build week 48) is on a ship currently heading to Grimsby, one of 5 ships arriving @ Grimsby in the next 14 hours.

Going to be a busy morning for the unloaders.

See if we're lucky enough the get it before Christmas

32 minutes ago, SKodaqSY said:

Afternoon all,

My Karoq (build week 48) is on a ship currently heading to Grimsby, one of 5 ships arriving @ Grimsby in the next 14 hours.

Going to be a busy morning for the unloaders.

See if we're lucky enough the get it before Christmas

Mine was also built week 48 and arrived in Sheerness on Monday.   Don't know when it will move from there. It would be nice to get it before Christmas but not many working days left.  Should know by this time next week ! 

Email to the dealer tomorrow to see if they know any more details than I can get from Skoda.

Checked with Skoda live chat last week and was told my car is in Sheerness, waiting for transporting to dealer, dealer Emailed  to-day with video of my car just off transporter, and will be ready for me to pick on Thursday this week. I only ordered on 29/9/2018, it's a 1.5tsi SE L DSG in metallic Business Grey with Beige leather with a few goodies.

Roll on Thursday morning.

9 minutes ago, clivecoo said:

Mine was also built week 48 and arrived in Sheerness on Monday.   Don't know when it will move from there. It would be nice to get it before Christmas but not many working days left.  Should know by this time next week ! 

Email to the dealer tomorrow to see if they know any more details than I can get from Skoda.

Fingers crossed but as you say not many working days left!. Once the ship has departed Grimsby I'll contact the dealership. As it's only 55 miles from the port I'm hoping it'll be out the door quickly. 

On 11/12/2018 at 18:05, SKodaqSY said:

Fingers crossed but as you say not many working days left!. Once the ship has departed Grimsby I'll contact the dealership. As it's only 55 miles from the port I'm hoping it'll be out the door quickly. 

Mine is arriving at the dealers in Yeovil Somerset late  this afternoon or tomorrow morning ! 

We'll pleased.

Pick up next week but may have to wait until Thursday.

1 hour ago, clivecoo said:

Mine is arriving at the dealers in Yeovil Somerset late  this afternoon or tomorrow morning ! 

We'll pleased.

Pick up next week but may have to wait until Thursday.

Some good news here too, dealer said we should be able to collect next week. Should know more once the car has arrived with them.

Will sadly need to pay for it, :(

Picked my Karoq up yesterday, business grey with beige leather, I think its a great mix, drives like a dream, no kangarooing  from start, my last 3 cars have had DSG so no problems. took a couple of pics yesterday.

20181213_132723.jpg

20181213_132538.jpg

20181213_132714.jpg

20181213_132657.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bouncer016 said:

no kangarooing  from start

The kangerooing is on the 1.5 Tsi Manual, although DSG owners have reported some issue's with pulling away being jerky at times.

Nice combo btw looks lovely, enjoy!

I had a Tiguan on order since April but delay delay delay. 

Walked into Skoda showroom in November and had choice of 1.5 SEL Dsg or 1.6 TDI SEL manual both in petrol blue. Took delivery of the 1.6 TDI two days later. Love it !!

cancelled tiguan 

• Like 1

So close yet so far away, my 2.0L Edition DSG is in the country but can’t be released from the port until the WLTP approval comes through. This is expected some time in the next couple of months according to my dealer.

But looking forward to its delivery.

On 23/12/2018 at 13:10, MARKINCREWE said:

Oh Friday I pick up at long last my Skoda Karoq 1.6 SE L a few weeks ago so said the Karoq is worth the wait how true are then words my wife and I just love the car

Karoq 2018 (3).jpg

Love my 1.6 SEL - little tip for you - go into heating menu from centre rotary control and turn off auto aux heater - if under 5c this causes engine to rev constantly at 1000rpm instead of 750.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So today is the day that we get our Karoq delivered to our doorstep. Prolly in about t-minus 1 hours time 

So all in all it has taken only 8 weeks , was originally quoted 12-14 weeks . But i guess being standard without any options might have pushed it along. (1.5 DSG Auto SEL Trim)

Looking forward to get acquainted with it shortly :) 

• Like 1

Well - I ordered my Karoq Style DSG in Lava Blue metallic (no other extras) at the end of December from Spirit Skoda in Dublin (my local Dealer) where I have been dealing for a number of years. The promise was end of Jan/early Feb (13-14wks is ok)....got a call on Friday (18/01) to say. "...not good news, could be a considerable wait....no idea how long...might have a better idea of timescale in 7-10 days" - my language was 'unhappy' & I told him I expect to have better news then. I will wait the few more days to see what my dealers says before I (reluctantly) jump ship & go somewhere else...but like others, I will look at s/hand Ateca, Tiguan.....and even (reluctant...but Hybrid!) Toyota HCR Hybrid (Top spec fab...drove today...but would still prefer Karoq.....) - pretty sad that Skoda keep playing 'Peter v Paul' & those that shout loudest get a delivery intended for some other honest customer :(

Shape up!!