Has anyone fitted mud flaps

Vectis

1 hour ago, Livrishind said:

Bought mine from Burns car sales, Ireland. Genuine Skoda parts. Fronts were €14.45 and rears were the same. Delivery was €5.00 took about a week to arrive.

I've just got onto their site....no obvious way of buying from them on line. How did you do it?

40 minutes ago, Livrishind said:

Try www.skodapartsireland.ie this will take you to Burns Skoda. You will be able to purchase from this site.

thank you

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry to bump this thread but I'm looking at fitting a set to my car.

I've looked at the superskoda website and there are two versions of the fronts. One version is for vehicles with OEM protective wheel housing and the other without. I'm not sure what the protective wheel housing is so don't know if I have it. Can anyone help please?

The two types refer to vehicles with the black plastic trim around the wheel arch edge or vehicles without this trim

I have a 1.5 SEL WITHOUT the black plastic trim. I think 4x4 have the trim......but check.

I ordered as above from Ireland. Much cheaper but watch the carriage cost. Worked for me as ibordered several items. My local dealer couldn't get near

Very easy to fit. I did mine in the dark! No need to remove wheels etc

I was looking at the same thing today. Be carefull when ordering front ones. On superskoda, for front ones, version for vehicles with plastic trim have cat.number 57A075111, but on skoda-auto eshop they have number 57A075111A. Skoda-parts site shows same number with A at the end for ones that go with plastic trim. 

I ordered from local dealer part with A at the end since I have plastic trim around the wheel arch. Will see if it fits 

2 hours ago, 33q said:

The two types refer to vehicles with the black plastic trim around the wheel arch edge or vehicles without this trim

I have a 1.5 SEL WITHOUT the black plastic trim. I think 4x4 have the trim......but check.

I ordered as above from Ireland. Much cheaper but watch the carriage cost. Worked for me as ibordered several items. My local dealer couldn't get near

Very easy to fit. I did mine in the dark! No need to remove wheels etc

Thanks, ordered.

• 1 month later...
On 22/03/2018 at 12:21, Vectis said:

I bought them with the rubber mats from Mike at Listers through the link on this site and it didn't work out much dearer than superskoda link here: 

The rears are two torx screws to undo and bolt them back on, and one push in plastic plug and a plastic rivet, the holes are already there for these. The fronts, you remove one torx screw and refit it with the mudflap and mark the position of a hole remove the mudflap and remove one other torx screw to enable you to put something behind behind the trim to protecct the bodywork behind when you drill a 6mm hole, drill the hole, refit the mudflap and the torx screws and fi a plastic rivet in the hole you have drilled, drill one more hole through the hole in the mudflap and fit a 2nd plastic rivet and job done. They come with fitting instructions. If you have an angle drill you don't need to remove the wheel.

Appreciating Vectis's excellent description above, but has anyone got an 'electronic' copy (ideally a PDF but photos otherwise perhaps?) of the actual Skoda guide for fitting the FRONT mudflaps please ??

Thanks in advance.

My experience is that you can simply drill or bradall a small hole to fit the third screw than than drill and plug

I think if you offered the mudflap up to the wheel arch you'd quickly see how they fit....as above I did mine in the dark

21 hours ago, Karoq-N-Roll said:

Appreciating Vectis's excellent description above, but has anyone got an 'electronic' copy (ideally a PDF but photos otherwise perhaps?) of the actual Skoda guide for fitting the FRONT mudflaps please ??

Thanks in advance.

Hi Karoq-N-Roll

Fortunately I still had my [Front] fitting instructions and I have scanned them into a PDF for you. I will try and find the instructions for the rear set. I may still have them somewhere.

I will place a link to the documents in the “Škoda Karoq [Technical] Guides section so others may find them should they require. I have scanned the instructions as a shortened and smaller file with U.K. instructions only, and also a larger second PDF complete with all the languages that the original contained.

Note: When fitting the “Expanding Rivet” you may find it difficult to push home the plastic pin. If you do, enlarge the hole to 6.2mm. This will ensure that the pin engages easily and firmly. This problem is caused by the way the plastic pin expands the rivet in the thick plastic wheel arch liner.

It does not take long to fit them I managed to fit all four flaps in about an hour without the need to remove any of the wheels. Just putting the steering on opposite locks gave me sufficient room to work and you can wind a 6mm (6.2mm) drill through the liner by hand quite easily if you do not have a right angle drill adapter.

Hope this helps you! Regards…….Tony

PDF LINKS:

Karoq Mud Flaps [Front] UK Version

Karoq Mud Flaps [Front] International Version

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Yeti said:

Hi Karoq-N-Roll

Fortunately I still had my [Front] fitting instructions and I have scanned them into a PDF for you. I will try and find the instructions for the rear set. I may still have them somewhere.

I will place a link to the documents in the “Škoda Karoq [Technical] Guides section so others may find them should they require. I have scanned the instructions as a shortened and smaller file with U.K. instructions only, and also a larger second PDF complete with all the languages that the original contained.

Note: When fitting the “Expanding Rivet” you may find it difficult to push home the plastic pin. If you do, enlarge the hole to 6.2mm. This will ensure that the pin engages easily and firmly. This problem is caused by the way the plastic pin expands the rivet in the thick plastic wheel arch liner.

It does not take long to fit them I managed to fit all four flaps in about an hour without the need to remove any of the wheels. Just putting the steering on opposite locks gave me sufficient room to work and you can wind a 6mm (6.2mm) drill through the liner by hand quite easily if you do not have a right angle drill adapter.

Hope this helps you! Regards…….Tony

PDF LINKS:

Karoq Mud Flaps [Front] UK Version

Karoq Mud Flaps [Front] International Version

That's fantastic Tony, great work!  Many thanks :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have also  just bought a set of front and rear mud flaps from Burns:    www.skodapartsireland.ie

Excellent price and quick delivery to Cumbria.  Currently with 10% discount as well. 

A very pleasant company to deal with.

• 7 months later...
On 19/03/2018 at 17:25, Vectis said:

I have, easy enough as I borrowed an angle drill, worse bit was fitting the plastic rivets.

20180319_161312_resized.jpg

20180319_161322_resized.jpg

What part number did you choose for both front and rear? The one with A or without A at the end?

17 minutes ago, gere said:

What part number did you choose for both front and rear? The one with A or without A at the end?

rear are all the same the front are different thats what the (A) stands for with or without plastic wheel arch cannot remember which one just found it if you have the same as car above you need (A) at the end

Edited by skoda1982

34 minutes ago, gere said:

Front mud flaps  57A075111 

Rear mud flaps   57A075101

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I have just fitted front and rear mud flaps bought from Burns Car Sales (Skoda Parts Ireland) £38.81 inc shipping, UK prices seem to be £70+ per set.

Easy to fit with just 2 X 6 m/m  holes drilled through the plastic arch guard each side on the fronts.

Make sure you get the correct flaps for the front as there are 2X different types - with plastic arch trims and without.

Burns Car Sales are an excellent firm to deal with and far less expensive than  buying from the local main stealer.

An easy job but remove the wheels otherwise it will take much longer. 

I didn`t see the need to remove the wheels as the outer top hole  of the front flaps is easy enough to drill  with  the wheel on RH full lock then  flip to LH lock and you can get in to drill the lower inside hole the rest is re-use the existing fasteners  I also changed the bolts on the two clamps at the bottom of the front flaps to hex drive round headed stainless bolts it looks neater and they will not rust.

2 hours ago, Delanor said:

I didn`t see the need to remove the wheels as the outer top hole  of the front flaps is easy enough to drill  with  the wheel on RH full lock then  flip to LH lock and you can get in to drill the lower inside hole the rest is re-use the existing fasteners  I also changed the bolts on the two clamps at the bottom of the front flaps to hex drive round headed stainless bolts it looks neater and they will not rust.

Delanor, noted you have a scout, does yours have the wheel arch trims?

Yes it does have the wheel arch trims and it is a bit confusing as the part number quoted is 57A075111A as listed by Burns Cars Sales that is what  I ordered and they fit as they should, now several other sellers quote that number as the one for fitment without plastic trims  whereas 57A075111 should be the one for no arch trims.

After looking at pictures of both I couldn`t see why the difference as the flaps do not fit over the arch trims but just over the plastic sill covers but that is where the difference is the sill cover must be slightly raised at the point where the arch trim meets it so the flap must suit that set up, without the arch trim the sill cover fit will be different.

I will add that the reg` number is asked for when ordering  presumably so you get the correct part to suit and as I said mine fit as they should.

I've just ordered a set, negative wheel arch trim, and the numbers required are the ones without the A, I've seen an exploded view of a wheel arch trim set and there appears to be something on the rear edge of the trim. If I can find the picture I'll post it.

Found it. As you can see there is a piece of plastic at the bottom of the wheel arch trim. Possibly the part number with the A suffix is to take that into account?

getImage.png

Now I am officially confused. My mudflaps arrived today, the rain has not stopped so not fitted, however please see the attached photos and if anyone can categorically state which front mudflaps should be fitted to a vehicle without the wheel arch extensions, I would be most grateful. Bit of a mismatch between VW picking code, instructions etc.

20200116_193210.jpg

20200116_194200.jpg