My turn to say goodbye...

1 minute ago, stepdavi said:

245 has got bigger rear vented discs.  I've never found car twitchy under braking, for a bigger car I think it's planted.

245 is FL, so it also has a wider rear tracking - that and the bigger rear brakes must solve the problem I was mentioning.

Fair point, didn't know what vrs you had. I completely agree with the 4x4 comments. Years ago I had a uk turbo impreza. I may look at Leon estate 4x4 when vrs lease is up. The golf r is what I really want but seems like lots of theiving scumbags want one too.

25 minutes ago, stepdavi said:

Fair point, didn't know what vrs you had. I completely agree with the 4x4 comments. Years ago I had a uk turbo impreza. I may look at Leon estate 4x4 when vrs lease is up. The golf r is what I really want but seems like lots of theiving scumbags want one too.

The Leon is pretty much the same car, minus the DSG7 (it has the DSG6) but it has worked just fine with me - IMHO, the Leon looks better than the Golf, specially in estate shape, but taste is subjective.

--edit--

And I did look at some Golf Rs that were in my price range - none of them had the same level of equipment the Leon has, with the main absence being the DCC, which is also a must have.

Edited by Jaco2k
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, toni8b said:

Audi RS6 with 800hp would probably be enough :p

IMHO it's more about power to weight ratio than raw power figures, so a powerful but heavy car (like any Audi RS model) will soon disappoint - my previous car (RS4 plus supercharger with 600+bhp) took longer than most to disappoint though...

Edited by SWBoy

42 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

As to oop North and wide rear tracks and stability, bigger brakes etc, all lovely stuff, enjoy yourself.

I still say you have got issues, man - you just like to provoke and spread conflicts. Life can be easier if people get along... not everyone needs to have the same opinion or like the same things, but it goes better when people respect each other.

From the stance of your posts, you seem to believe that only you are right and everyone else is wrong... let go of that and might be you stress less :)

• Like 2

I say you are maybe right, issues with plonkers.

I  was attempting taking the p!ss of the UK driver that drives the Public Highway and lets the cars with twice the power get on with it.

& that somehow thinks buying a more powerful car and accelerating occasionally is the business.

Now winding you up! Or not.

Fill your boots with your quick SEAT, many do, i like them very much, just a good car, still gets blown off by quicker ones 

but good value for money, especially once they are a little used, much cheapness.

Edited by AwaoffSki

On 15 March 2018 at 07:19, EddGee said:

Absolute nonsense. 

They have to be driven totally different to 4x4 cars. Feeding power in gradually getting grip rather than planting it. 

Theres lots of 2WD cars out there that can achieve sub 5 second 0-60’s. 

Rear wheel drive Top Fuel dragster goes from zero to 300mph in under 5seconds, can't  think of any four wheel drive car ever made that could get anywhere near that.

On 28 March 2018 at 14:53, AwaoffSki said:

Some people might drive a 600bhp Bentley Continental GT or a Ferrari or a Lamborghini and not give a jot if a Skoda Octavia with 245 ps minimum or 310ps remapped overtakes because it counts for nothing, they just wanted passed.

As to a Octavia driver or any vehicle letting a car pass them, that is nice and good manners if they want to pass, even if they might have a less powerful car or van but want to get on up the road without being in some kind of race.

Plenty own or drive fast cars and never exceed speed limits, its no big deal.

Some never because caught once more doing it and prosecuted means no driving licence and not driving any car slow or fast.

Suzuki Jimney drivers are always right. At least you would not be able to lose your licence as your car can't reach the National Speed Limit anyway. So much negative opinions on here I am surprised the site is not called Bully's R Us!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Rear wheel drive Top Fuel dragster goes from zero to 300mph in under 5seconds, can't  think of any four wheel drive car ever made that could get anywhere near that.

Yes and I would challenge any top fuel car against my Diesel vRS 4x4. On an icy lake.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Petunet said:

Yes and I would challenge any top fuel car against my Diesel vRS 4x4. On an icy lake.

Yeah but won’t the Diesels crack the ice & fall in due to the heavy engine :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

...until your brain goes "wonder if I could get this to 1000hp..." ;)

sure why not:

lets see if it will disappoint :D

Edited by toni8b
  • Like 1

The RS6 is actually my dream car and what I would buy if I won the lottery, so... I am familiar with what it can do both stock and tuned ;)

...but I guess the chances of me ever owning one are slim to none :)

@Jaco2k @shyVRS245 i think that rarefied Scottish air has caused some altitude sickness, or perhaps has hit one to many tree stumps on decent down the piste.  I find the block function an excellent tool.

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Actually 340mm Front and 310mm Rear both ventilated and brilliant under heavy braking in my opinion.

I think that is the exact same setup as the Cupra, but I would need to confirm :)

• 1 month later...

Just thought i'd chip in here rather than start a new thread. I have been in the market for a new 245 and with the WLTP malarkey and not being able to order a new one and the complete lack of nearly new models here I decided on a change. I had never really considered the Cupra but a great deal popped up on a ST 300 4Drive last week and I have jumped at it and the vRS is gone. Trying to compare the performance between the 184 and the Cupra is apples and oranges so I wont even start, the difference between a mapped 245 would be a lot closer, but the 4WD and the ability to put all the power down whenever you want is ridiculous, even in not ideal conditions. I had the vRS for 3 years and loved it, and would be a proud 245 owner if I could have gotten one. On interior quality there are a few differences all minor, the interior quality on the Cupra is at least on a par with the Octy, the only minus is the lack of covering in the door bins, glovebox and the smaller not so jumbo box. The Alcantara door panels are lovely and definitely add a little to the interior feel. The 9.2" Columbus is a great screen but the higher up and more driver focused 8" in the Cupra is fantastic and I am more than happy with it. My Octy did not have DCC so cant compare, but the Cupra in comfort mode is quite refined and very comfortable to drive. I would definitely consider another vRS when time comes to change again, hopefully Skoda will see fit to at least be able to play with the likes of the Cupra and Golf R for performance, without having to jeopardise our warranty's. Ill still be hanging around as this is probably the best car forum I've ever frequented, and with the similarities under the skin between all the VAG motors, I'm sure there will be lots of useful info going forward.

Cupra.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bailer said:

Just thought i'd chip in here rather than start a new thread. I have been in the market for a new 245 and with the WLTP malarkey and not being able to order a new one and the complete lack of nearly new models here I decided on a change. I had never really considered the Cupra but a great deal popped up on a ST 300 4Drive last week and I have jumped at it and the vRS is gone. Trying to compare the performance between the 184 and the Cupra is apples and oranges so I wont even start, the difference between a mapped 245 would be a lot closer, but the 4WD and the ability to put all the power down whenever you want is ridiculous, even in not ideal conditions. I had the vRS for 3 years and loved it, and would be a proud 245 owner if I could have gotten one. On interior quality there are a few differences all minor, the interior quality on the Cupra is at least on a par with the Octy, the only minus is the lack of covering in the door bins, glovebox and the smaller not so jumbo box. The Alcantara door panels are lovely and definitely add a little to the interior feel. The 9.2" Columbus is a great screen but the higher up and more driver focused 8" in the Cupra is fantastic and I am more than happy with it. My Octy did not have DCC so cant compare, but the Cupra in comfort mode is quite refined and very comfortable to drive. I would definitely consider another vRS when time comes to change again, hopefully Skoda will see fit to at least be able to play with the likes of the Cupra and Golf R for performance, without having to jeopardise our warranty's. Ill still be hanging around as this is probably the best car forum I've ever frequented, and with the similarities under the skin between all the VAG motors, I'm sure there will be lots of useful info going forward.

Cupra.jpg

Looks nice and subtle for a Cupra, could you tell us how many miles the ST has done and roughly how many Euro's were required to purchase it. Finally if you ever get bored with only 296bhp a stage 1 re-map once your warranty runs out would take it to circa 370BHP which would dispose of those pesky Golf R DRIVERS!B)

Thanks it does look pretty subtle, only those in the know will know what it is, currently on 3000kms, list price for the spec was nearly €49k, which is frankly mad, UK prices are much more sensible as well as your lower tax and insurance, the government here love to ride the motorist. Having only had it for a couple of days and spent quite a few hours behind the wheel, I’m yet to find where I could possibly need more bhp, I know there is always the possibility of more power and speed, but in overtaking it’s a monster, and given enough private road will go all the way to limit with no let up at all.

• Like 1

Very very nice. Love the subtlety.

Just a word of caution - a mate of mine had a black 280 cupra ST nicked from his house in rural North Dublin last year, scum broke in and took keys whilst he was out. Left cash etc behind - clearly taken to order, or for a job...

Guess it could happen anywhere though. :angry: