Skoda Kodiaq Scout

Unfortunately works only when sun shines directly from back window and reaches the sensor on backview mirror.

Should have extra sensors in side mirrors also.

We have very low sun here during wintertime and sun blinding from side mirrors is a constant problem.

Solution: I have programmed extra button under memory seats - all remains the same except side mirrors tilt down. Very easy to return to original settings just presing original memory button gaain.

11 hours ago, linni said:

Solution: I have programmed extra button under memory seats - all remains the same except side mirrors tilt down. Very easy to return to original settings just presing original memory button gaain.

That is clever!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, had my Kodiaq Scout 190 dsg for 3 weeks now , lovely having upgraded from an Octavia Scout.  Is there supposed to be s shelf between the back seats and the parcel shelf?  There’s a gap of around 5” which leaves the boot contents visable. On the Octavia there was an extension flap with a removable plastic tray.  Thanks.

Unfortunately a few others have commented on this.

If you have the middle row set in their furthest forward position, and the backrests as upright as they'll go you do get quite a big gap.

We only;y ever have the middle row seats slid forward when the third row is in use, which is pretty rare, so most of the time the gap isn't there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, silver1011 said:

It doesn't extend all the way up the backrest. I'll take some better pictures when they arrive...

image.png.0f8e5d4082398007e159d199616fc210.png

I would be needing these as well, do you mind sharing the source?

I would also need something to cover the back of the front seats as the kids keep kicking the seats and I fear someday the leather would give.

3 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

I would also need something to cover the back of the front seats as the kids keep kicking the seats and I fear someday the leather would give.

There are several other solutions to that problem, y'know... B).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

I would be needing these as well, do you mind sharing the source?

Don't rule out your local dealer, sometimes their pricing can surprise you. I'm a fan of two to three click shopping, a clear weakness.

Either skoda-parts, or Superskoda...

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/Kodiaq-Universal-pad-under-child-seat-original-Skoda-Autoas

image.png.8ab5de79aeeeb571072ba21b4497d18c.png

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/000019819a-baby-seat-mat-skoda-24864.html

image.png.63c32c94826933d178e0f29ba3a5564a.png

For two, including a mark-up for using PayPal plus delivery I paid just over £20 each. 

I already have perfectly serviceable 'Recaro' mats in the car already, but these are from Skoda so I had to have them :D

image.thumb.png.58262d2480c2fd410ff1b903ca624d94.png

Edited by silver1011

As usual on a Saturday, it seems to take the entire morning for the wife and kids to get themselves in a position to be able to leave the house.

Thought I'd defrost the car!

IMG_0626.thumb.JPG.3e13eb8a92af58080161c75862f2661e.JPG

IMG_0625.thumb.JPG.bdbe744b1063a705c00cbf1b558774d3.JPG

After a couple of minutes...

IMG_0621.thumb.JPG.4b1d3fb6fab109336a6760c807f9e8d2.JPG

IMG_0622.thumb.JPG.f4cec56d7ca24f5c0466bc54e9cfe16b.JPG

IMG_0627.thumb.JPG.6b0d4730c2b056aea6786c262ffe00e7.JPG

After 5 minutes the whole car was defrosted and toasty warm.

• Like 2

A Wind deflector on the driver / passengers door is good for the cable going in the car with the window just open a couple of mm.

I have a Greenhouse fan heater set at a few degrees above freezing and just put in and plugged in when the car gets parked.

Not using that much power as the car interior tends to hold the heat and the heater just come on as required.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, linni said:

Get some DEFA WarmUp preheating unit installed maybe? Not expensive but efficient.

I like the look of that, alas, Norway, Sweden and Germany only :-(

13 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I like the look of that, alas, Norway, Sweden and Germany only :-(

What do you mean?

DEFA is not Webasto

Not exactly for Kodiaq, but similar:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEFA-411539-engine-heater-Seat-Skoda-Volkswagen-Transporter-T4-Polo-Warm-up/282660397567?epid=2253099371&hash=item41cfdf61ff:g:GBcAAOSwozRZwRD~:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

They have two different systems, both quite easy to fit.

Engine oil heater, like in a ebay link, and coolant heater, more expensive, about 200 - 400 euros depending on choosed options..

http://old.defa.com/en/automotive/warmup/find_your_engine_heater/

Edited by linni