Octavia MY19 facts and rumors

I hope ye all find this a good idea, I wanted to create an easy to find thread in relation to the upcoming changes, both confirmed and rumored for the MY19 Octavia. When I bought my MY16 vRS nearly 3 years ago I found such a thread invaluable. I was able to go to my dealer armed with knowledge he was oblivious to, and helped me choose my current car, especially at the time the introduction of MIB2 & CarPlay. If it gets the traction maybe we can make it sticky until the changes are confirmed.

I’ll start with what look to be facts for the coming model update, announced at Geneva:

Week 26 - GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter) to be fitted to all TSI engines

Week 22 (possibly) - Digital Instrument Panel to become an option on Octavia initial pricing looks to be around £300 / €350 based on Czech site pricing.

Week  22/26 (God Knows - with order books closed when it can be ordered again) - 2 maybe 3 flavors of a TSI vRS. Will there be a 230 again? Will there be 2 models of 245, with and without Geneva announced Challenge Pack (still don’t know exactly what this will entail) or will we see a 230 / 245 lineup again ala the GTI & GTI PP?

Haven’t seen any reference to changes to the diesel vRS at all, possibly just some minor spec changes, saw a rumor somewhere that all new cars post April will need an emergency call function.

Edited by Bailer
Typo

I’m based in Ireland currently running on PCP due up in August, have my heart set on a 245 with DSG, don’t do the milage anymore that prompted the diesel and have always regretted not pushing the boat out for DSG. Was hoping to just roll it over without having to refinance, for us over here BW 52 would make any 245 a 191 reg!

Edited by Bailer

43 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Rumour has it that GPF actually means Getting Prettier Face, and the split headlights are being hastily revised...

I must say the split headlights never caused me that much consternation, I kind of like them

11 hours ago, Bailer said:

I hope ye all find this a good idea, I wanted to create an easy to find thread in relation to the upcoming changes, both confirmed and rumored for the MY19 Octavia. When I bought my MY16 vRS nearly 3 years ago I found such a thread invaluable. I was able to go to my dealer armed with knowledge he was oblivious to, and helped me choose my current car, especially at the time the introduction of MIB2 & CarPlay. If it gets the traction maybe we can make it sticky until the changes are confirmed.

I’ll start with what look to be facts for the coming model update, announced at Geneva:

Week 26 - GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter) to be fitted to all TSI engines

Week 22 (possibly) - Digital Instrument Panel to become an option on Octavia initial pricing looks to be around £300 / €350 based on Czech site pricing.

Week  22/26 (God Knows - with order books closed when it can be ordered again) - 2 maybe 3 flavors of a TSI vRS. Will there be a 230 again? Will there be 2 models of 245, with and without Geneva announced Challenge Pack (still don’t know exactly what this will entail) or will we see a 230 / 245 lineup again ala the GTI & GTI PP?

Haven’t seen any reference to changes to the diesel vRS at all, possibly just some minor spec changes, saw a rumor somewhere that all new cars post April will need an emergency call function.

You start with the facts and put “possibly” in Week 22. 

12 hours ago, Bailer said:

I’m based in Ireland currently running on PCP due up in August, have my heart set on a 245 with DSG, don’t do the milage anymore that prompted the diesel and have always regretted not pushing the boat out for DSG. Was hoping to just roll it over without having to refinance, for us over here BW 52 would make any 245 a 191 reg!

Same boat as me, though manual preferred over DSG. I may have to go elsewhere - really cant go Used route as it can work out more expensive than new.

1 hour ago, Ciderspace said:

Same boat as me, though manual preferred over DSG. I may have to go elsewhere - really cant go Used route as it can work out more expensive than new.

Same here I went looking at a 2 year old vRS 3 years ago but it was cheaper to go new via pcp, never had a brand new car previously so was a no-brainer for me, got to spec it myself, only regret was no DSG, spent the money on leather, canton etc 

Good idea for a thread but would be helpful if folks could try and keep to fact or possible / likely enhancements.... has anyone heard anything?  I spoke to Skoda customer services yesterday and they confirmed they’ve had no detail re wk22 changes or the Octavia CP yet.  My local dealer also went to Geneva and said they had no detail re the VRS CP

10 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Good idea for a thread but would be helpful if folks could try and keep to fact or possible / likely enhancements.... has anyone heard anything?  I spoke to Skoda customer services yesterday and they confirmed they’ve had no detail re wk22 changes or the Octavia CP yet.  My local dealer also went to Geneva and said they had no detail re the VRS CP

I’ve emailed Skoda customer service here to see if they can provide any update. It’s only 10 weeks from the build change of week 22. Details should be available to customers very soon if not already. You would have to assume that Skoda know what they intend to change by now!

The Skoda person I spoke to yesterday was my 245 case handler given my delayed delivery / complaint. She said they normally know by now but hadn’t been given any details as yet. She’s chasing for me as I don’t want a MY19 car if it’s going to be worse than the 245 i’ve ordered. My bw is 22 at the moment so nervous the model will change from what I ordered.

I for one won't mind the loss of the absolutely atrocious split headlights, they're a disaster for the car's looks.

I'd like to see LEDs replace the Xenon's, I'd definitely have the digital cockpit for the vRS though as it'd make things very easy to read and change over when driving in the EU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

I for one won't mind the loss of the absolutely atrocious split headlights, they're a disaster for the car's looks.

I'd like to see LEDs replace the Xenon's, I'd definitely have the digital cockpit for the vRS though as it'd make things very easy to read and change over when driving in the EU.

The lights aren’t changing. It’s not a new model. And as said. LEDs are already standard equipment on some models. 

37 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Only want a vRS at the moment. I was looking at a Karoq, but they're not doing a decent petrol AWD, DSG model. :sadsmile:

Must admit I looked at the Karoq too, but nothing over 150bhp is a shame considering here the Ateca is available with citca 190 in both petrol and oil burning varieties. Have one eye on the Cupra Ateca, but no pricing or time frame available as yet. 

On 20/3/2018 at 20:33, themanwithnoaim said:

BW52 first deliveries to the UK !!!

just had an email from Skoda that the 245 will go back into production in August (hopefully) but couldn't give me an indication of when one could be ordered. So that pretty much ties in with end of year deliveries or very nearly.

6 minutes ago, Bailer said:

just had an email from Skoda that the 245 will go back into production in August (hopefully) but couldn't give me an indication of when one could be ordered. So that pretty much ties in with end of year deliveries or very nearly.

& you all thought I was joking

16 minutes ago, Bailer said:

Ties in with what I was told by Skoda that current production would run till end of June then factory close in July

3 hours ago, Bailer said:

Production August would mean initial deliveries in September/October.

8 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

Production August would mean initial deliveries in September/October.

You would hope so, the disconcerting part of the mail is that they claim to have closed the orders due to not being able to meet the demand for the tsi lump, and hopefully will be in a position to reopen orders in August. My current deal is up in September so October wouldn’t be too bad! Would really have liked to get one sooner, but in Ireland the only unsold 245 is the Skoda press car and you can imagine the abuse that has had.

• 2 months later...

Model Year 19 is this year from week 31 I have a Octavia Estate SEL 1.5 tsi DSG on order and have added the digital dash so that is confirmed. When I spoke to Skoda they said the other things will be rear back rest release which the estate SEL already has and a removeable torch already standard on the SEL and additional stone protection whatever that means! Been told 23 weeks till delivery so early to mid Nov till I finally see it!